Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 2 Aug 2002, 21:12 (Ref:349016)   #1
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Renault Eurocup - Hamilton best of British in qualifying at Spa

Manor Motorsport driver Lewis Hamilton qualified the highest of the British competitors entering the Formula Renault Eurocup at Belgium's Spa circuit. He will start Saturday's race from 21st place, two slots ahead of Jamie Green, with Watts 26th, Viso 40th and Shimoda 49th.

Full result:
www.single-seaters.co.uk/news/0802/er020802.html
Old 2 Aug 2002, 21:36 (Ref:349030)   #2
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cool well done lewis
Old 2 Aug 2002, 21:40 (Ref:349032)   #3
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How embarrassing is this? I thought we had the best series? It's not like Spa is that difficult a circuit to learn.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 2 Aug 2002, 22:19 (Ref:349063)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
we have. they just haven't learnt how to mapread yet...
Old 2 Aug 2002, 23:01 (Ref:349081)   #5
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Brilliant circuit - only been once last year, loved it. Wish we woz there now instead of heading for a fortnight in Sicily. Temp supposed to be a pleasantly warm and humid 97F.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 2 Aug 2002, 23:36 (Ref:349094)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lewis was only 1.2 seconds behind.....
Old 3 Aug 2002, 00:01 (Ref:349103)   #7
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes we do have best series but all the european teams have french or italien engines which are better than the british ones. also I dont know whether the british eams have done the slight changes they are allowed to do in europe like there is a differnt exhaust allowed
Old 3 Aug 2002, 00:04 (Ref:349105)   #8
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the European series runs a different fuel and engine map, but that'd be availible to the British teams.

While the British championship may overall be stronger than the French, German, and Italian series; keep in mind the European is the best of all the european teams so its not going to be a walkover.
Old 3 Aug 2002, 11:00 (Ref:349252)   #9
speraficotwins
Rookie

speraficotwins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
french

yes, it's cool but his position isn't very well, only the 21 position!
BUT FRANCK PERERA is on the 9 position!!
FRANCK IS THE BEST!!!!!!
Old 3 Aug 2002, 13:52 (Ref:349347)   #10
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis finished the race 7th - of the other drivers from the UK series, Ernesto Viso was 18th and Danny Watts DNF.
Old 3 Aug 2002, 15:12 (Ref:349374)   #11
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Thanks, sceptic, any more details on what happened to Watts, Green or Shimoda?

Full results:
www.single-seaters.co.uk/news/0802/eu030802.html
Old 3 Aug 2002, 18:35 (Ref:349452)   #12
Paul Rayner
Veteran

For full results of the weekend from every practise and qualifying session, check out:
http://users.skynet.be/ris/circuit/24hspa/
Old 3 Aug 2002, 23:11 (Ref:349574)   #13
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
i cannot believe that Manor will be running at any form of disadvantage to other teams - they know the score. And Fortec do have a strong engine in the UK so I cant see them struggling. If UK teams were going to be disadvantaged, they wouldn't go.
Old 4 Aug 2002, 18:28 (Ref:349921)   #14
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so why did they do so bad especially fortec?? I dont get it, they are great drivers and the top teams in britain so if they are not disadvantaged they must doing something different.
Old 4 Aug 2002, 21:00 (Ref:349998)   #15
THR
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton, England
THR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
y does everyone like this hamilton guy so much?
i dont think hes that great at all!
just got loadsa money to throw at it.

they might have been dissavantaged... new ecu 500quid? exhaust 300? tires might be diff... 1000 quid, feul system might be different too.. travel.. stella... wouldnt be a cheap weekend for them!

anyway... i cant belive that other teams have better built engines!
Old 4 Aug 2002, 21:11 (Ref:350007)   #16
Russfeld
Veteran

Well like the Renault Sport webpage was saying, a lot of those drivers/teams had been to Spa before so that experience would be important.

I wont go as far as suggesting the possibility that some of those European teams and drivers are better than their British counterparts
Old 4 Aug 2002, 21:16 (Ref:350012)   #17
THR
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton, England
the cars aint exactly that trick! quite easy to set up really.. esp if u been doing it for years like manor have.

drivers might be better.. could be right there! aint no Kimi's this year in britain.
they do reckon good drivers learn the track in about 5 laps tho..so that aint an excuse. lol
Old 4 Aug 2002, 21:25 (Ref:350021)   #18
Russfeld
Veteran

Well its a bit more complex than that, otherwise there'd be no reason to test.
Old 4 Aug 2002, 21:31 (Ref:350025)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by THR
y does everyone like this hamilton guy so much?
don't say that in front of myself or anyone else with evidence to prove you very wrong indeed....
Old 4 Aug 2002, 21:44 (Ref:350033)   #20
Russfeld
Veteran

Lewis qualified 21st at Spa. That same % at Snetterton last time out would have put him 13th on the grid. Would we be freaked out if Hamilton/Watts/Green had a bad weekend and qualified back there? Then again I suppose we would if all 3 of them did...
Old 4 Aug 2002, 22:20 (Ref:350057)   #21
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to add my two penneth to the arguement about Hamilton I think the guy is exceptional and definatly a talent for the future but in my opinion Jamie Green has eclipsed him this year.

Hamilton has shown to be quick but has also proved rather erratic this year which you'd expect will be ironed out with experience but Green on the other hand has also proved quick but also much more consistant and much less erratic even though he stepped up from karts at the same time as Hamilton. I know he might be driving for Fortec and they are the top team this year but still the guy has impressed me immensely and reminds me a lot of Jenson.

Still both drivers have very bright futures.
Old 4 Aug 2002, 22:45 (Ref:350077)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
you've got a point there gaz...
Old 4 Aug 2002, 23:00 (Ref:350087)   #23
Russfeld
Veteran

What is Jamie Green's pre FRS career?
Old 4 Aug 2002, 23:04 (Ref:350090)   #24
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just looking for that now Russfield.

All I know is that he spent many years in karting stepping up to international level over the last few years like most but quite what he won I don't know.

Stepped into the Renault Winter Series in 2001 and impressed immensely though leading at Donington before Bell overtook him.

Certainly my pick for young driver of the year so far in 02
Old 5 Aug 2002, 09:55 (Ref:350274)   #25
THR
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton, England
just my opinion Bella...
not a world champ in my opinion, but a worthy minardi driver.