Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 7 May 2008, 11:05 (Ref:2195908)   #1
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan Clarke?

Was just reading back this thread in the old split forum
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...20#post2110520
and it got me thinking. Has anyone got any Speedy Dan news to share?

Try and keep the sarcasm to a minimum - we all know his form hitting objects both moving and inanimate - just curious as to his activities.
Old 7 May 2008, 11:07 (Ref:2195911)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Part time at McDonalds?
Old 7 May 2008, 13:24 (Ref:2196048)   #3
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone who manages to cause a six car pile-up laeving the pitlane on Friday practice needs to go back to racing school. Or a go-kart track.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 7 May 2008, 15:10 (Ref:2196130)   #4
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes yes - because the likes of Viso video, Foyt video and Marco video would never get into scrapes of that kind would they.

No-ones disputing Clarke's caused more than his fair share, but he's also quicker than most too so isn't worth ditching quite yet.

Any constructive answers? (I think I'd have got a warmer reaction if I suggested in the F1 forum that Johnny Herbert put Foitek on the grass at Brands years ago)
Old 7 May 2008, 15:16 (Ref:2196134)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hey, chill. The reality is he appears to be doing little right now.

There is nothing I can find and his (appalling) website has nothing on it either.

I never had a problem with Clarke really, apart from he was rubbish last season. He was quite exciting usually and I would be interested to know anything. In all honesty though I can't see where any topline offer would come from.
Old 7 May 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2196154)   #6
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Hey, chill.
I'm chilled - the Herbert reference amused me if nothing else as did hooking out the crash videos (I wanted to find the Briscoe or Andretti pile up caused at Sears Point a couple of years back but I couldn't find it!) - mental note to use more smileys next time

Anyhoo, agreed a top line drive is undoubtedly out of the question but I would have thought he'd be driving something (no - not a milk float, postal truck, delivery van etc etc) and I tried his website too. In fact, technically speaking is a single solitary page actually a "web site"?
Old 7 May 2008, 18:10 (Ref:2196252)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A better website might be a good start towards him finding a competitive drive somewhere, most likely sportscars. He's not a huge loss to open-wheel racing; the excitement he generated was usually from collisions, and Britain has several competitive drivers in the merged series.
Old 8 May 2008, 07:41 (Ref:2196630)   #8
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Indeed - sportscars is exactly what I was thinking. I'm amazed that he hasn't picked up a DP or ALMS ride anywhere. But then again he seemed to have such a high opinion of his own abilities maybe that would be too much of a step down.
Old 9 May 2008, 13:55 (Ref:2197618)   #9
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah...info is a bit thin...
I would think a DP would be up his alley...would struggle to see him in the ALMS as seats there are getting really tight and after they endured Enge's battered machinery I don't think they are out for another guy with such a reputation in America.

But it wouldn't surprise me if he turned up in the LMS or FIA GT at some stage...