Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 16 May 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3075477)   #51
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting Into Rallycross

Hi All

After getting alot of enquiries and info wanted on getting into Rallycross, I have spent some time putting together a "Rallycross" fact sheet on getting into the sport and also a video.

This includes car build info, safety gear, license requirements etc etc.

If you are interested in getting into Rallycross please e mail me on:

jrrallyx726@yahoo.co.uk

I will then send info to you and hopefully see you on the circuit soon.
Old 21 May 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3077438)   #52
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamakiRX View Post
Hi All

After getting alot of enquiries and info wanted on getting into Rallycross, I have spent some time putting together a "Rallycross" fact sheet on getting into the sport and also a video.

jrrallyx726@yahoo.co.uk

Good man, John!
Old 1 Jun 2012, 22:42 (Ref:3083563)   #53
ukracer
Rookie

ukracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi All

jrrallyx726@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks for putting the info together. Myself and my son have been racing radio control cars for some 14 years and after a short break started up again but soon found driving standards had not improved and after finding a set of tyres (you really need at least 3 sets per meeting to compete) was now 46 quid started to wonder if clarkson and hammond really had found a cheap motorsport (relatively)

My son if off to dubai to work for 6 months so we have 6 months to research our next move. I have a unit with a ramp and tools /compressor etc and was going to release it as it costs me 300 quid per month BUT I would like to prep basic rallycross cars with a view to funding my son having a blast in 2013.

My son has just completed building a 2 litre red top mini (but its like a bullet so not really suitable for rally cross I doubt.) and when he comes back after xmas he will be selling it and we can use this to fund our fun for next year (if all goes to plan)

I have also spent two years building a business up with a guy from 500 quid per month to £100.000 selling vinyl cutters online and he has stitched me up with my commission so I am trying to fund legal costs to get the 50 grand he owes me but scum like that usually get away with things so if all else fails I will be selling decals and signs to top up my pension so painting/welding/bodywork/race decals I will have sorted easilly, the engines I will have more problems with. Real car engines are a far cry from the Nitro engines I am used to working on lol

My question is what is the cheapest and cheapest/competitive car to use and be realistic ??
Old 28 Aug 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3126570)   #54
rallyx2012
Rookie

rallyx2012 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very new to rallycross so excuse this if its a dumb question....i've been looking into where I could race a stock hatch car and i'm a little confused as i've found several potential tracks and a couple of championships but not all tracks are in both lists and some (blyton) arn't in either and now someone mentions a winter series that I can't find any details of!!
Excuse my ignorance but i've in the past raced in autograss where you can race any where on any given weekend you just arrive/book in pay your money and race.
So how many tracks are there and how many championships?

Cheers

Chris
Old 29 Aug 2012, 14:08 (Ref:3126924)   #55
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Chris and welcome
Unlike grass where there is something going on anywhere in the country most weekends, and the bulk of the drivers just race locally or regionally, at the moment there are no regional rallycross championships, just two national ones, with meetings geographically spread all over the UK.
Knockhill in Scotland, Pembrey in Wales, Nutts Corner in Northern Ireland, Croft in northern England, and Lydden in the south.

You can't just arrive and drive in rallycross all entries have to be pre-booked.

Blyton at the moment is not doing rallycross.
There is hopefully going to be a winter series organised by The Cramlington & District Motor Club. It will be based in the north, keep watching the forum and details should be announced when things have been finalised

If you are free on the first weekend in October I would recommend you go along to Pembrey, it's the final round of The Clubmans Championship, and the penultimate one of the MSA Championship.
All classes will be there racing so it would be a good chance to chat with the drivers, and championship co-ordinators.
Old 30 Aug 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3127457)   #56
rallyx2012
Rookie

rallyx2012 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thankyou for your help, the mud is clearing ....Pembray is in the diary. This will be the closest track to me as I'm based nr Bath so idea timing. Will spectators have free accses to the paddock as I would like to ask a few questions while I'm there and get a taste of the atmosphere etc
Old 31 Aug 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3127844)   #57
AlamakiRX
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyx2012 View Post
Thankyou for your help, the mud is clearing ....Pembray is in the diary. This will be the closest track to me as I'm based nr Bath so idea timing. Will spectators have free accses to the paddock as I would like to ask a few questions while I'm there and get a taste of the atmosphere etc
PM sent

With all info
Old 8 Sep 2012, 22:56 (Ref:3133006)   #58
AlamakiRX
Racer

3 Citroen Saxo VTS's for sale

All top spec rallycross car, all able to race in stockhatch or hot hatch.

1 car is "brand new", new build from straight rust free shell, just out of paint shop, all new parts to build

2 others cars used in HH/SH rallycross for past 2 seasons, with capable of winning, 100% legal reliable cars.

PM if interested for more info.

All 3 cars ready to race in 2013 championships.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3137471)   #59
Sprucie
Rookie

Sprucie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

I'm completely new to this and have a few (probably stupid) questions:
I'm really interested into getting into this and currently have an old 1.2 fiat punto - as a complete beginner would I have any fun with this or would it be too slow?
As far as I understand it would be in the stockhatch category, which is for up to 1.6l cars.
If it is worth using could you point me in the right direction on what to do next?
Is there any way to get rallycross experience without competing in a championship?

Thanks in advance,

Jonny
Old 9 Nov 2012, 16:55 (Ref:3164569)   #60
AlamakiRX
Racer

New To Rallycross

Anyone still looking to get into Rallycross from 2013, if you get in touch I can send you a fact sheet, which tells you everything you need to know

I also know of at least 3 Hot Hatch cars (entry level) into the sport which are for sale and would be the perfect beginners cars.

e mail me: jrrallyx726@yahoo.co.uk
Old 9 Dec 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3176884)   #61
swillomnibus
Rookie

swillomnibus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

Im interested in rallycross (especially after viewing it on topgear) but all the places i've looked onto so far requires a class B licence which means you need to get the starter pack, do tests and so on and so on.

But was wondering weather that is the case for all rally cross or if this non-race b licence avoids all that and allows you to just have a car (to the spec) and race etc. Just im really confused at the moment lol

What rallycross events are specifically for non-race b licence?

And also, on rallycross websites and videos I have seen, you don't tend to see many corsas, is there any reason to this lol

Last edited by swillomnibus; 9 Dec 2012 at 20:02.
Old 9 Dec 2012, 22:04 (Ref:3176929)   #62
AlamakiRX
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swillomnibus View Post
Hi all,

Im interested in rallycross (especially after viewing it on topgear) but all the places i've looked onto so far requires a class B licence which means you need to get the starter pack, do tests and so on and so on.

But was wondering weather that is the case for all rally cross or if this non-race b licence avoids all that and allows you to just have a car (to the spec) and race etc. Just im really confused at the moment lol

What rallycross events are specifically for non-race b licence?

And also, on rallycross websites and videos I have seen, you don't tend to see many corsas, is there any reason to this lol

Hello

Ive PM'd you with an e mail address to get in touch and I can provide you with info on rallycross, licenses and also got some cars for sale

Thanks
Old 16 Apr 2013, 00:22 (Ref:3234968)   #63
Aconn
Rookie

Aconn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what age do you have to be to start rallying

hi im from northern ireland and was wondering what age you have to be to start rallying/rallycross. Im 14 and just want to know if i can start now and get a bit of experience
Old 21 Apr 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3237461)   #64
The Dozer
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
The Dozer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes you can get a junior licence at 14 years old and race with it until you are 16 . . You will then have to move up to one of the senior classes wen you turn 17 . . .
Old 19 Jun 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3264989)   #65
ribzz92
Rookie

ribzz92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi there im just wondering after getting all the car and clothes e.c.t how much is it to enter a race??
Old 22 Jun 2013, 10:54 (Ref:3266417)   #66
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry fees are around the £200 mark.
Currently the British Championship rounds are £245, & Clubmans events £195.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3272553)   #67
AlamakiRX
Racer

New driver information.........................;

Please check out a brand new rallycross website.

It is aimed mainly at the Clubman end of things, but it will carry news and info for all UK based Rallycross, including information about drivers and meetings.

So hopefully it will be a good place for both drivers and competitors to find relevant information.

Have a look and see what you think www.clubmansrallycross.weebly.com

This is a website designed with the drivers in mind, so please help us to make sure the content is up to date. Check it regularly as it will include updates on a regular basis.

Kind Regards

BTRDA Clubmans Rallycross Committee
Old 21 Oct 2013, 11:31 (Ref:3320959)   #68
AlamakiRX
Racer

Any drivers who are looking to get into Clubman Rallycross within the UK and race within the BTRDA Championship should e mail;

clubmansrallycross@yahoo.co.uk

This will ensure they receive all the latest info on the BTRDA Championship which will return in 2014.

Also a good place to find out about any cars which are for sale, which include cars within Stockhatch, Hot Hatch and Super Modified.
Old 6 Dec 2013, 23:24 (Ref:3341066)   #69
AlamakiRX
Racer

Confirmed 2014 calendar is as follows;

2014 BTRDA Clubmans Rallycross Championship
Round 1 Sunday February 9th Blyton 2wd only
Round 2 Sunday March 9th Blyton 2wd only
Round 3 Saturday June 7th Pembrey 2wd & 4wd
Round 4 Sunday June 8th Pembrey 2wd & 4wd
Round 5 Sunday August 17th Pembrey 2wd & 4wd
Round 6 Sunday 16th November Croft 2wd & 4wd

Also;
Sunday 30th November Blyton BTRDA Rallycross Trophy (2wd only)

Great calender,should be a cracking championship.
Just what UK Rallycross needs a healthy Clubmans championship
And an entry level into the sport. Lots of new drivers,new cars coming into the sport the future looks bright.

If interested.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3341717)   #70
apri
Rookie

United Kingdom
apri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I want to get involved in motorsport when I'm older, specifically rally. Should I start at Rallycross when I'm 18 or somewhere else?
Old 9 Dec 2013, 06:30 (Ref:3341844)   #71
AlamakiRX
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by apri View Post
So I want to get involved in motorsport when I'm older, specifically rally. Should I start at Rallycross when I'm 18 or somewhere else?
If you want to get involved in Motorsport and in particular Rallycross you dont need to wait until you are 18. You are able to compete in the Junior Rallycross class from the age of 14.

Check out www.btrda.com (Rallycross section) for more info or e mail;
Old 9 Dec 2013, 19:01 (Ref:3342029)   #72
apri
Rookie

United Kingdom
apri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If you want to get involved in Motorsport and in particular Rallycross you dont need to wait until you are 18. You are able to compete in the Junior Rallycross class from the age of 14.

Check out www.btrda.com (Rallycross section) for more info or e mail;
Old 27 Aug 2014, 22:22 (Ref:3448329)   #73
AlamakiRX
Racer

Rallycross Newbies...

Its a while since anything was posted here so i thought i would open up the thread and discussions again.

Things have progressed nicely since the BBC Top Gear programme brought the BTRDA Rallycross Championship alone around 330 enquiries with around 40 new drivers into the sport which is fantastic to have over 10% of enquiries taking up the chance.

We still have the "getting started" document available.
We have a 2015 calender coming along nicely
There are cars for sale at great prices.

Anyone interested in getting started in the BTRDA Clubmans Rallycross Championship should e mail;

Also check out;
www.clubmansrallycross.weebly.com
Also
btrda facebook pages
Old 11 Mar 2015, 22:23 (Ref:3514298)   #74
AlamakiRX
Racer

Rallycross Newbies...

"The Seriously Fun Championship"

The 2015 season is now underway so I thought I would open this thread again

Things have progressed nicely since the BBC Top Gear programme brought the BTRDA Rallycross Championship alone around 330 enquiries with around 50 new drivers into the sport which is fantastic to have over 10% of enquiries taking up the chance.

2015 season is underway
Classes to suit all budgets
7 round championship in place

Anyone interested in getting started in the BTRDA Clubmans Rallycross Championship should e mail;

Also check out;
Also
https://www.facebook.com/btrda.rallycross.1
Old 20 Mar 2015, 14:32 (Ref:3517446)   #75
Toddy51
Rookie

Toddy51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Rallycross Newbies...

"The Seriously Fun Championship"

The 2015 season is now underway so I thought I would open this thread again

Things have progressed nicely since the BBC Top Gear programme brought the BTRDA Rallycross Championship alone around 330 enquiries with around 50 new drivers into the sport which is fantastic to have over 10% of enquiries taking up the chance.

2015 season is underway
Classes to suit all budgets
7 round championship in place

Also check out;
Also
https://www.facebook.com/btrda.rallycross.1
Hi I'm after some information on building a stock hatch car,do you have to run the car as built or can you say for example build a saxo vtr but put a vts engine in and go in 16 valve class ? Also any help on any ready built cars for sale as I can't find anything on the net ? Thanks