Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 23 May 2004, 20:14 (Ref:980342)   #1
cartpix
Racer

cartpix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I give up

I hate Race Director. It doesn't work, for me. I actually got it to work, this morning, when there was nothing going on. Now that the race is about to start, it's doing the same thing it did before. It says it's connecting to media, then aquiring licence, & then makes me log on again. I give up. I guess I'll watch it, tape delayed, on Spike. This is just sad! I can't get cameras, in car radio, nothing. It looks like I may be able to get Track Commentary, but I won't hold my breath.

I have been one of Champ Cars biggest cheerleaders, the past few months, but I may be changing my point of view. This is Mickey Mouse!

Jeff
Old 23 May 2004, 20:22 (Ref:980357)   #2
cartpix
Racer

cartpix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: I give up

[I was wrong. I can't get Track Commentary. I can get the leader board. At lap 9, Track Commentary still says, Good afternoon from Monterrey! The Pace Laps are underway, about to go green. This !!!!!

Jeff
Old 23 May 2004, 20:22 (Ref:980358)   #3
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Working fine for me.

Just wish Motors TV would get there act together and get some decent commentry going!
Old 23 May 2004, 20:25 (Ref:980362)   #4
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now you've whinged, we've lost picture too

I think getting Marino Franchitti in as a stand in at the last minutes a lucky coup...looks like the sound feed to Jeremy Shaw isn't working too well.

Now no pictures. Doh!
Old 23 May 2004, 20:38 (Ref:980376)   #5
kykiske
Racer

kykiske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: I give up

Quote:
Originally posted by cartpix
I hate Race Director. It doesn't work, for me. I actually got it to work, this morning, when there was nothing going on. Now that the race is about to start, it's doing the same thing it did before. It says it's connecting to media, then aquiring licence, & then makes me log on again. I give up. I guess I'll watch it, tape delayed, on Spike. This is just sad! I can't get cameras, in car radio, nothing. It looks like I may be able to get Track Commentary, but I won't hold my breath.

I have been one of Champ Cars biggest cheerleaders, the past few months, but I may be changing my point of view. This is Mickey Mouse!

Jeff
same happening here. it asks for licence confirmation then only gives me the option of cancel - i cant use the play button! whats up with that!
Old 23 May 2004, 21:23 (Ref:980424)   #6
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hazard
Now you've whinged, we've lost picture too

I think getting Marino Franchitti in as a stand in at the last minutes a lucky coup...looks like the sound feed to Jeremy Shaw isn't working too well.

Now no pictures. Doh!
Who is the dude co-commentating with Jeremy?
Old 23 May 2004, 21:26 (Ref:980427)   #7
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Keep missing the name (Ronnie Bremer?). I think it's some Toyota Atlantic driver. They should swap Mic's, I can't hear Jeremy half the lap

Last edited by Hazard; 23 May 2004 at 21:27.
Old 23 May 2004, 21:33 (Ref:980436)   #8
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah its a bit pants isnt it.
Old 23 May 2004, 21:39 (Ref:980442)   #9
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Well, at least we've got live pics.

But the sound guy needs shooting (or at least, a sound check next time!).

Been listening to music or another set of commentators at the same time as our commentators, giving me a headache. Can swear I can hear buzzing too...
Old 23 May 2004, 22:55 (Ref:980513)   #10
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well to be fair its free and I suspect those without a Sky box eg without motors tv should actually be greatful for small mercies.
Old 23 May 2004, 23:15 (Ref:980540)   #11
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I only checked in on about lap 8, but here it was working fine.
Only trouble was with timing & scoring board which got stuck at lap 51 and begon working again at lap 60.
Old 23 May 2004, 23:50 (Ref:980567)   #12
Mosport67
Racer

Canada
Near Mosport
Mosport67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine worked a lot better when I turned off the Norton Firewall.

Commentary was bad as we had both US and international commentators at different times.

PT's radio worked well though.
Old 24 May 2004, 02:52 (Ref:980687)   #13
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: I give up

Quote:
Originally posted by kykiske
same happening here. it asks for licence confirmation then only gives me the option of cancel - i cant use the play button! whats up with that!
same here tried for a couple minutes and gave up....

I was giving the commentary some slack for long beach, because it was still very last minute, but they've had over a month to get their act together. Also, I don't want to hear Bob Jenkins brag about the shrimp platter in the booth and then say Mario Domingo again.
Old 24 May 2004, 10:51 (Ref:981049)   #14
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that some people are having trouble with RaceDirector. I found it nothing but an enjoyable experience and easy to use. When it comes times for me to sign on the dotted line I'm there. I even watched a couple episodes of Dangerous Curves last night before hitting the sack.
Has anybody tried to contact Champ Car in order to try and solve their issues? It's really a great service.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 24 May 2004, 16:20 (Ref:981492)   #15
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I also don't have any problems with the Race director. I was streaming 4 cameras at the same time on 3mb cable connection with no problems in audio or video.
Old 25 May 2004, 23:19 (Ref:983188)   #16
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Often the trouble some people are having isn't coming from the Race Director but some provider/software like AOL causes the trouble...
Old 26 May 2004, 06:28 (Ref:983425)   #17
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Did anyone see the repeat of the race on Motors? They replaced the poor reception commentary from Jeremy with two of their french commentators - it was so funny, they spent most of the race slagging off Mcdonalds as sponsor of a frenchman (Bourdais) car. Brilliant! If you mkissed it they will repeat it plenty.
Old 26 May 2004, 09:08 (Ref:983555)   #18
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't get the whole McDonald's vs. Frenchman thing. More anti-American stuff?
Old 26 May 2004, 09:15 (Ref:983570)   #19
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
7pm tonight, something funny to watch then
Old 26 May 2004, 09:35 (Ref:983597)   #20
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Their style is certainly "unique". And yes the French hate Maccer D's bcos its A) utter garbage and B) a symbol of rampant Americanism. Good on them I say, they may not be able to fight wars very succesfully but they know their culture.
Old 26 May 2004, 13:28 (Ref:983855)   #21
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and wasn't it McDonald's that temporarily renamed the "French Fry" the "Freedom Fry" when the French refused to join the coalition invading Iraq?
Old 26 May 2004, 13:51 (Ref:983879)   #22
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

I like the idea some health expert in Britain had about stopping obese people eating at Mcdonalds - make the doors narrow!!!
Old 26 May 2004, 15:57 (Ref:984046)   #23
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Flatspot
...and wasn't it McDonald's that temporarily renamed the "French Fry" the "Freedom Fry" when the French refused to join the coalition invading Iraq?
No McDonalds didn't temporarily rename their french fry's. It was some Government office in Washington, the cafeteria renamed their french toast, freedom toast(tongue in cheek I assume), and from there all sorts of crazy stories surfaced around the internet.
Old 26 May 2004, 16:22 (Ref:984076)   #24
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My mistake...Sorry Ronald.
Old 27 May 2004, 05:46 (Ref:984700)   #25
BobbyB
Racer

United States
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
BobbyB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ghinzani
Their style is certainly "unique". And yes the French hate Maccer D's bcos its A) utter garbage and B) a symbol of rampant Americanism. Good on them I say, they may not be able to fight wars very succesfully but they know their culture.
You know, its hard to argue with success. Nobody is forced to eat at a MacDonalds in France or anywhere else. True, fast food is quite a deviation from the time honored French cuisine, but that doesn't mean they can't coexist. Sounds like sour grapes to me. It would be interesting to hear Sebastian's viewpoint...