Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 22 Apr 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1284803)   #1
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda Motorcycles supporting Safety in the Australian Superbike Series

Great to see the launch this week of the Honda RACESAFE Australia medical team, for the 2005 Australian Superbike Championship season.

Many of the Australian Superbike series racers would have seen Racesafe at the rounds last year, and some of you may have actually been unfortunate enough to have met them in person............

Honda are showing their commitment to both their own riders, and also to all of the competitors in the ASC in 2005.

I am led to believe that Racesafe will be running 2 vehicles at all & 3 vehicles at most of the rounds this year, with a similar crew of medical people to those from last season, with full on site medical centre facilities.

I had the pleasure of being at the launch at HART (Honda advanced rider training) on Tuesday afternoon, and the head of Racesafe Safety Services Australia; spoke about the logistics of preparing for an ASC round;
things like organising the nearest trauma hospital to have appropriate people rostered on, and the arranging the availability of a medivac helicopter to fly in if needed were all mentioned.
For our international members, some of the circuits can be over an hour by road to the Trauma Hospital, so the medivac is quite a necessity.

I was astounded at the amount of preparation required, like most of us, I don't think about coming off or worse still being hurt too often, thats always someone elses problem....

Lets hope the Racesafe team aren't needed in 2005, but if they are, we as riders need to thank Honda for providing the sponsorship to have them trackside.

http://www.hondamotorcycles.com.au/n...artnership.htm
Old 24 Apr 2005, 23:06 (Ref:1286385)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
get out to eastern creek next weekend to see round 2 of the series - i hope honda dont dominate like they did at "the island"
Old 25 Apr 2005, 08:30 (Ref:1286603)   #3
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefull it rains and Go-Show strikes back! It also gives us annother Series Champ in the series with Crusty and Gilesy...
Old 25 Apr 2005, 10:04 (Ref:1286718)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
went to the wsb round at the island and was very keen to see a wet 3rd race for aussie supers, all because "the go show" would have rumbled - cant wait to see him at winton , i hope he is still racing in the series by the time that round comes around