Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 1 Dec 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3480873)   #1
Bomber604
Rookie

England
Telford
Bomber604 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oulton missing off calendars

I've seen provisional dates for 2 championships I was considering racing with in 2015. Neither of which will be racing at My closest & favourite circuit Oulton Park.

Does anyone know why Oulton is being dropped by race organisers?
Old 1 Dec 2014, 22:35 (Ref:3480889)   #2
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are these series generally more southern based? Oulton is considered too far north for some people's liking
Old 2 Dec 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3481006)   #3
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber604 View Post
I've seen provisional dates for 2 championships I was considering racing with in 2015. Neither of which will be racing at My closest & favourite circuit Oulton Park.

Does anyone know why Oulton is being dropped by race organisers?
Curious-you asked the same question this time last yearProblems with Oulton were well explained there-don't think any change since?
Old 2 Dec 2014, 18:13 (Ref:3481125)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Whilst I agree with you that Oulton appears to be regarded as too far North.....whereas of course we are expected to be delighted to trek South for most circuits.....but I feel even sorrier for Anglesey - a superb circuit that doesn't get the support it needs because of its perceived inaccessibility.

Oulton is of course limited for some series as it is a Saturday only circuit apart from the odd very high profile event.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 18:38 (Ref:3481134)   #5
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
....but I feel even sorrier for Anglesey - a superb circuit that doesn't get the support it needs because of its perceived inaccessibility.
I agree, Anglesey is the best circuit in the country IMO, particularly the Coastal Circuit. The scenery is spectacular, the pit facilities are now decent, it's the second widest in the country with loads of run off, it's a challenging layout, what's not too like - well worth the trip and I am gutted that my club is not going there this year. May have to find another race there to enter.

If Anglesey and it scenery could be moved to the South it would be considered one of the best circuits in the world.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 22:07 (Ref:3481248)   #6
Bomber604
Rookie

England
Telford
Bomber604 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Curious-you asked the same question this time last yearProblems with Oulton were well explained there-don't think any change since?
I've slept since then! Just looked up that old thread & found loads of replies I hadn't seen before.

Consider my enquiry closed, I'll just go off & grumble to myself.

Last edited by Bomber604; 2 Dec 2014 at 22:13.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 18:13 (Ref:3481542)   #7
andy robinson
Racer

United Kingdom
cramlington, northumberland
andy robinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oultons limited to how many race weekends on sunday, most clubs cant run all there races on a sat only
Old 3 Dec 2014, 18:20 (Ref:3481546)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
CTCRC not there in 2015, believe down to BARC and trying to break even or make a modest profit running a meeting.
Old 9 Dec 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3483389)   #9
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is very sad that we are increasingly see race series move south in their choice of venues. It certainly puts me off from doing a championship or series now. Oulton is 130 miles south of me while Donington is 200 miles.
Many folk in the "sath" have no concept of geography. How many times have I been told that Anglesey is near to you "up north" - it fact it's 220 miles, only about 40 minutes in time less than Silverstone!
Old 9 Jan 2015, 23:32 (Ref:3491497)   #10
Fasteddymini
Rookie

Fasteddymini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring back Longridge !!!!
Old 11 Jan 2015, 20:26 (Ref:3491932)   #11
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Crystal Palace
Old 11 Jan 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3491937)   #12
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Whilst I agree with you that Oulton appears to be regarded as too far North.....whereas of course we are expected to be delighted to trek South for most circuits.....but I feel even sorrier for Anglesey - a superb circuit that doesn't get the support it needs because of its perceived inaccessibility.

Oulton is of course limited for some series as it is a Saturday only circuit apart from the odd very high profile event.
I have got to say something here. We as a club have been trying to speak to Anglesey with regard to hiring the circuit......My sister Lisa spoke to a woman, who , after being extremely short with her said "Im sorry you will have to put that in writing (she was only asking what dates were available!) so...we sent an e mail ...NOTHING back...not even a "thanks for your mail" .that was in December....we have tried to contact Anglesey FOUR times since and have not even had a returned phone call or indeed an email from repeated "further to our mail of"...quite frankly from speaking to organisers and other clubs ....we are not the only ones...... Perhaps if there was a better response then there would be more people go to Anglesey.. it has certainly put me off being there
Old 12 Jan 2015, 06:27 (Ref:3491984)   #13
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Astonishing, Claire, and disappointing. Have you tried writing to Richard Peacock direct? It is worth it once you are there.
Old 13 Jan 2015, 18:33 (Ref:3492540)   #14
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Astonishing, Claire, and disappointing. Have you tried writing to Richard Peacock direct? It is worth it once you are there.
I don't have Richard Peacocks details anymore but I'm sure he could be very helpful. Try contacting Ian Smith - 'diz' on here. He has strong contacts with Richard Peacock and Anglesey.

It is a fabulous circuit
Old 25 Feb 2015, 09:22 (Ref:3508730)   #15
ferodo
Rookie

Wales
Llanybydder
ferodo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really like Anglesey as a race track, cant believe that they are not pushing hire

Think i will be racing at oulton though this year for the first time which is exciting