Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 Feb 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3715294)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gifts

It's beginning to feels a lot like Christmas!

Had a box from the MSA on Friday containing a Flask, Tabard, Pens etc and see in Nadine's February Newsletter that the BMRMC are sending out gifts as well, what lucky boys & girls we are
Old 28 Feb 2017, 13:13 (Ref:3715305)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My Silverstone MT stuff arrived a couple of days ago as well.
Old 28 Feb 2017, 14:59 (Ref:3715319)   #3
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd forgotten about that, must be coming asap.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 18:09 (Ref:3716186)   #4
Tal Aras
Racer

United Kingdom
Slough
Tal Aras should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got mine parcel from the MSA today. Soon to be cadet marshal has her eyes on the tabard

Whats the gel filled blue star for?
Old 3 Mar 2017, 20:12 (Ref:3716221)   #5
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Keeping your hands warm
Old 4 Mar 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3716409)   #6
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Aras View Post
Whats the gel filled blue star for?
As TFC has said, it's a handwarmer.

Maybe they should have included instructions for use?

Here's how its works:

To activate, just "click" the little metal insert a few times until the liquid crystallises.

To reuse immerse it in boiling water until the crystals turn back to liquid - don't let it touch the bottom surface of the pan.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3716483)   #7
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Ignore my advice about reusing.

First time I boiled it it came out of the pan with the filling in the liquid state, but on cooling it re-solidified.

No problem, I thought, just give it a bit longer. The pan of blue liquid I came back to confirmed my suspicion that there was a weak spot in the join between the two halves of the thing!
Old 5 Mar 2017, 12:28 (Ref:3716646)   #8
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very impressed with the pack, the little torch certainly packs a punch! Without wishing to sound ungrateful, does anyone know if it's possible to exchange the tabard for a different size? Mine is XXL and I think L would do the job.
Old 5 Mar 2017, 13:49 (Ref:3716656)   #9
Fubar Andy
Rookie

United Nations
North West
Fubar Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still not got my goodie bag
Old 5 Mar 2017, 15:24 (Ref:3716671)   #10
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
Very impressed with the pack, the little torch certainly packs a punch! Without wishing to sound ungrateful, does anyone know if it's possible to exchange the tabard for a different size? Mine is XXL and I think L would do the job.

from what I can gather, it was just the one size fits all.
trying to cater correct sizes for 8,000 would be a bit of a job.
few extra layers, or more pork pies during the season :-)
Old 6 Mar 2017, 10:47 (Ref:3716821)   #11
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
Ignore my advice about reusing.

First time I boiled it it came out of the pan with the filling in the liquid state, but on cooling it re-solidified.

No problem, I thought, just give it a bit longer. The pan of blue liquid I came back to confirmed my suspicion that there was a weak spot in the join between the two halves of the thing!
I think I've found my problem! A web search found several relevant sites, one of which gave instructions for doing the job in a microwave, which I followed to the letter, with the unfortunate result as described above.

Checking back on several other websites, most of them said "do not microwave"!
Old 6 Mar 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3716899)   #12
Tal Aras
Racer

United Kingdom
Slough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gachjoel View Post
from what I can gather, it was just the one size fits all.
trying to cater correct sizes for 8,000 would be a bit of a job.
few extra layers, or more pork pies during the season :-)
I think the tanard is more rally than race (it would be a bit redundant over a pair of orange overalls), so I suspect they're expecting the tabard to be worn over several layers - or possibly used to camp under out in the woods.

Once Mr Brand had explained the hand warmer, it got appropriated by my better half to take with her to rugby coaching on Sunday - for the use of cold U9's she assures me.
Old 11 Mar 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3717967)   #13
Tal Aras
Racer

United Kingdom
Slough
Further update on handwarmers. After a bit of experimentation this week, the water needs to be really boiling and you need to leave it in there until all the crystals have gone, otherwise it just recrystalises.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 12:33 (Ref:3720160)   #14
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The MSA gave all Stewards a really useful plastic box containing paperwork etc for Serious / Major Incidents at their bi-annual Training Day, and the BMRMC one is on it's way as well.

Aren't we lucky boys and girls?
Old 30 Mar 2017, 14:03 (Ref:3722612)   #15
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
I think it might be next season before the promised BMRMC one turns up
Old 30 Mar 2017, 14:10 (Ref:3722613)   #16
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got mine!!!
Old 30 Mar 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3722619)   #17
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Ours arrived today. . . some really useful stuff. Thanks, BMMC!
Old 31 Mar 2017, 06:15 (Ref:3722707)   #18
Pitsmarion
Rookie

Guernsey
Huntingdon
Pitsmarion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My BMMC Goodie Bag arrived yesterday - thanks guys!!
Old 31 Mar 2017, 06:54 (Ref:3722714)   #19
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt

I knew writing that would work.

Got home last night and mine and Elaine's were there.

Have to say I was slightly under whelmed, aside from the excellent sew on badge (with correct spelling this time !) the rest will either go to a good cause or the bin.

This year I've already been given 2 MSA Lanyards, and a club I'm involved withs new season cap, so I don't need those.

As for a USB stick, I didn't think they still made them, I thought Bluetooth had killed them off.

As for the other things .......................................

Probably as I'm getting older, I'm getting grumpier, just that in my opinion this was a 'load of old tat' sorry if that offends, i've been a member of the BMRMC for over 30years and perhaps that's to long.

Last edited by The Fat Clerk; 31 Mar 2017 at 06:59.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3722737)   #20
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
I knew writing that would work.

Got home last night and mine and Elaine's were there.

Have to say I was slightly under whelmed, aside from the excellent sew on badge (with correct spelling this time !) the rest will either go to a good cause or the bin.

This year I've already been given 2 MSA Lanyards, and a club I'm involved withs new season cap, so I don't need those.

As for a USB stick, I didn't think they still made them, I thought Bluetooth had killed them off.

As for the other things .......................................

Probably as I'm getting older, I'm getting grumpier, just that in my opinion this was a 'load of old tat' sorry if that offends, i've been a member of the BMRMC for over 30years and perhaps that's to long.
I appreciate the thought of providing the goody bag - but am concerned on the cost of it. I would have preferred an option to decline it, and leave the funds in the club for other purposes.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3722753)   #21
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Yes me to, when you think about it, it's only the sew on badge that's anything to do with the 60th anniversary, why not just send out the badge in the normal post? and forget the rest.
Old 3 Apr 2017, 12:15 (Ref:3723496)   #22
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Both mine and Jan's arrived together over the week-end. Curiously there were different contents in the two bags. Shall take a proper look at it all tonight. Post 24 hours, I was a little weary to look at it all. Lots of orange stuff, so that's always nice.