Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Jan 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3008219)   #426
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Each ACO series will accept entries they deam of interest, if a car has gained a Le Mans entry, it's a fair bet they can probably run in any ACO race.
Quote:
There is no place in the WEC for non championshipscoring prototypes.
Teams can still enter individual races.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3008249)   #427
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 6 Jan 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3008252)   #428
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think there are plans on running the Schwing in the WEC aside from Le Mans even if it is allowed as an entry of interest (ha) or whatever. Unfortunately, it may only be ALMS fans who see the thing outside of Le Mans. Well, maybe it will be at Sebring. I don't know. Maybe Don will send it on a tour of the WEC as a way of showing the ACO his prick. Then again, I don't know if the Schwing would pass Middle Eastern obscenity laws.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 17:36 (Ref:3008253)   #429
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
Congratulations.

In a recent video, Porsche suggest 918 RSR could still race at least once before the end of next year.

The only place I see this happening is at PLM... where they certainly are likely to be desperate for entries and press.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3008254)   #430
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
The only place I see this happening is at PLM... where they certainly are likely to be desperate for entries and press.
That would be my guess too if it happens. Atlanta is Porsche NA's home. I don't know if that helps any, but it can't hurt. I'm quite sure the ALMS will allow it to run UNC without too much of a rules fuss.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3008255)   #431
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Then again, I don't know if the Schwing would pass Middle Eastern obscenity laws.
Well, they do allow camels, don´t they?
Old 6 Jan 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3008256)   #432
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Well, they do allow camels, don´t they?
True. That said, the combination of the DeltaWing and camel toe might be too much for the desert folk to handle!
Old 6 Jan 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3008257)   #433
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lets keep the delta d*ck - i mean deltawing discussion to its own hate tread instead of filling the Porsche thread with it
Old 6 Jan 2012, 17:50 (Ref:3008262)   #434
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Lets keep the delta d*ck - i mean deltawing discussion to its own hate tread instead of filling the Porsche thread with it
Well, maybe this video offers some relevance to Porsche and the Schwing. Then again, maybe not. Frankly, I think Jaguar is of greater relevance. Again, maybe not.

*Needless to say, you probably should not watch any DeltaWing related videos at your office if they are sensitive about such material!
Old 6 Jan 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3008270)   #435
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Well, maybe this video offers some relevance to Porsche and the Schwing. Then again, maybe not. Frankly, I think Jaguar is of greater relevance. Again, maybe not.

*Needless to say, you probably should not watch any DeltaWing related videos at your office if they are sensitive about such material!
Do you need sound?
Old 6 Jan 2012, 17:58 (Ref:3008271)   #436
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Do you need sound?
Yes for the Porsche video, no for the Jaguar one. At least I don't think so. I can provide visual translations if you want.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 18:05 (Ref:3008275)   #437
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Im at work, so sound is not allowed
Old 6 Jan 2012, 18:13 (Ref:3008278)   #438
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Im at work, so sound is not allowed
Quote:
Porsche. It's a little too small to get laid IN, but you get laid the minute you get out

And just for good measure:

Of course, all of this is from the movie Crazy People with Dudley Moore. You know, the one where the ad man decides to run honest ads. Watch the movie and you'll figure out why the Toyota LMP's engines are being made in Japan!
Old 24 Feb 2012, 01:20 (Ref:3030168)   #439
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was a little bit of news regarding the LMP1 posted on a German site earlier, and the link was posted on another thread but I thought it deserved to be mentioned here too.

The article says they plan to begin track testing in early 2013. They have been doing well working on the engine, but since the 2014 rules are unfinished they have just been doing general aero work on the chassis.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 03:31 (Ref:3030183)   #440
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I think Hindy mentioned on MWM that the Porsche LMP1 programme has been postponed by a year. ?
Old 24 Feb 2012, 05:17 (Ref:3030200)   #441
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When? I have not heard anything about this.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 06:48 (Ref:3030213)   #442
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MWM S7 E6 from the Wednesday just passed.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3030227)   #443
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
OK thanks, I'll have a listen when I get home.
Did he provide any reasoning?
Old 24 Feb 2012, 08:09 (Ref:3030229)   #444
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
I'm not sure what RLM was referring to, but there was some talk a month back or so that the new ACO regs could get pushed back from the scheduled 2014 date due to some disagreements. That rumor had been shot down by some sources, but perhaps there is something to it. Maybe RLM is using outdated rumors though. I don't know. That's one possible guess.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 08:22 (Ref:3030235)   #445
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
He just mentioned it quickly while talking about something else, I thought they were going to return to this story to talk about it later, but they didn't.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 10:26 (Ref:3030294)   #446
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I have just heard Hindy saying that the Porsche program has been pushed back a year. I am dumbfounded,as I have not heard anything about this. I will try and find out more on this.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3030321)   #447
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
That'd be big news if so, Im surprised no one else has mentioned something as serious as a years delay already. ??
Old 24 Feb 2012, 11:30 (Ref:3030326)   #448
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The one year delay of the 2014 rules has been documented extensively on http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsjan12.html
Quote:
Recent rumors out of Europe have suggested that the ACO2014 regulations were to be delayed to 2015 because of disagreements amongst the various parties. We've contacted our usual sources and the resounding chorus is that no, to the contrary, the FIA and ACO continue to work diligently to produce the new regulations. And the expectation is still that the new rules will be out sooner rather than later. As the months go on one does begin to wonder what "sooner" means (recall that just a few months ago the anticipation was to see the rules before the end of 2011)? The ACO and FIA are due to meet again on February 14.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 12:47 (Ref:3030357)   #449
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
So the delay is not really confirmed yet.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3030377)   #450
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't Le Mans and the World Endurance Championship the ACO's show? Why does the FIA get a say in the regulations? I thought the FIA's duty was to "advertise" the WEC, while the ACO basically run the show.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new regulations do get postponed, considering the relationship between the ACO and FIA. And if the regulations get postponed, well then Porsche's return gets postponed too.