Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 19 Sep 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3768556)   #271
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dunno he had solid seasons, in 2015 and 2016
Old 20 Sep 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3768882)   #272
Alfisti
Racer

Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Article on Huffy on Autosport website.

In a nutshell he won't be back unless someone pays him a salary to race: he needs the money! He reckons (and I suspect he is right) that no drivers are paid in BTCC.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 12:34 (Ref:3769044)   #273
Matt K
Rookie

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's absolutely right. It'd be great to see him back in BTCC but professonal drivers want to be paid for racing. I bet he's right about lack of paid drivers in current BTCC. It's a huge shame.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 13:37 (Ref:3769059)   #274
Londoner
Rookie

Londoner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Article on Huffy on Autosport website.

In a nutshell he won't be back unless someone pays him a salary to race: he needs the money! He reckons (and I suspect he is right) that no drivers are paid in BTCC.
I always thought Plato was the only paid driver in the field, unless he gets his salary paid to him through sponsorship and not from Subaru/Warren Scott?
Old 21 Sep 2017, 14:04 (Ref:3769067)   #275
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Someone give Huffy a paid ride, he certainly would liven things up at the front
Old 21 Sep 2017, 14:32 (Ref:3769077)   #276
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Sorry, I actually meant two meetings, as in one in May and then one in September say for example.
What the BTCC needs is a street race in London or Birmingham.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 15:38 (Ref:3769100)   #277
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrmalcolm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
I always thought Plato was the only paid driver in the field, unless he gets his salary paid to him through sponsorship and not from Subaru/Warren Scott?
Adrian Flux pay the majority of JP's income from BTCC at the moment, as it was in his Tesco 99 Momentum KX Clubcard days. Hence he will always aim to get his sponsor's details in whenever possible.

Remember, he approached BMR with the idea to use a Subaru, but they had to continue with the VW for a while first until it was all in place. Subaru would not be interested in paying a driver's salary in BTCC (as I expect most manufacturers feel).
Old 21 Sep 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3769115)   #278
mark_l
Veteran

England
Staffordshire
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
I don't think Warren Scott has enough money to pay himself. I think 2018 will be the last season for the MG's, if they survive this season without any more major damage.

I think BMR will probably downsize to 2 cars, with Price and Cole not returning.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3769264)   #279
luckn002
Racer

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Mike Bushell winning the Clio Cup again, will we see him make a return to the BTCC?
Old 22 Sep 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3769270)   #280
S griffin
Veteran

Could do, depends where?
Old 22 Sep 2017, 15:20 (Ref:3769274)   #281
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Loughborough
Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!
Interviewed after the final race at Silverstone, Bushell did say that he'd like to get back in the BTCC again but (if I recall correctly) it would be hard work to get there. He'll definitely be on the radar for a few teams, I reckon, but he'll have to put some graft in to get the sponsors.

He's also, all being well, going to be a dad around BTCC media day next year, so he's going to be busy with that too
Old Today, 12:01 (Ref:3769571)   #282
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brett Smith will be f/t as Eurotech judging by what he's just said after the Mini Challenge race
Old Today, 17:45 (Ref:3769612)   #283
BobJones
Rookie

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regardless of where he ends up, and it's been covered, but this is still lovely.

“The reception from the fans has also been brilliant. The fans are what make the championship – you can have any championship in the world with any cars you like, and the racing can be as close as you like, but if you haven’t got the fans, you haven’t got a championship.

“I’ve been away for 14 years, and they’ve remembered me, followed me and welcomed me back like I’ve never been welcomed before, and to have that kind of response is very humbling.

“What a team these guys are and it’s great to be here in front of some great fans. I really want to get myself back into the BTCC – it’s been a great weekend.”

http://www.btcc.net/2017/09/20/huff-...ophied-return/