Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 15 Feb 2003, 12:29 (Ref:507509)   #1
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GPL_Disconnect_Fix

I downloaded the GPL disconnect fix from a link on GPLEA, but the zip was corrupted.

I've downloaded several more times and the smae thing every time.

Does anyone khow anywhere else i can get it, or has any other suggestions
Old 15 Feb 2003, 12:32 (Ref:507512)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.papy.com/downloads/gpldiscofix.zip
Old 15 Feb 2003, 12:39 (Ref:507518)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's the same place i downloaded from, the download completes in 1 second, maybe there's just somehting wrong with the link to the download, i'll wait til they fix it.
Old 15 Feb 2003, 12:42 (Ref:507520)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just downloaded it from there and i don't seem have a problem with the zip file being corrupted.
Old 15 Feb 2003, 14:00 (Ref:507584)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
oh, well i don't know what's happening then.
Old 15 Feb 2003, 14:25 (Ref:507602)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do you have a firewall or something similar running? Sometimes I have download problems if I don't disable Norton Internet Security.
Old 15 Feb 2003, 17:30 (Ref:507721)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
no
Old 17 Feb 2003, 12:50 (Ref:509441)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, you've obviously got it sorted now P.

By the way, has anyone installed the bandwidth patch?

(I've just realised - this is my 4,000th post! )

Last edited by Aysedasi; 17 Feb 2003 at 12:51.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 12:55 (Ref:509446)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

The what patch?
Old 17 Feb 2003, 13:13 (Ref:509466)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There is a bandwidth patch available which should get rid of those occasional "bandwidth mismatch" errors. If you don't have it, you won't be able to join races on VROC where the server has the patch installed. I tried it last night for a Spa race and couldn't get in. Trouble is, if you download it, the read me is complicated (runs to 4 pages) and involves manual alterations to your core.ini (amongst other things). As it didn't seem essential, I haven't bothered - yet.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 14:41 (Ref:509566)   #11
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I haven't yet got the disconnect fix, but it stopped the very frequent disconnecting (and it disconnected everytime i came across another car) when i got the cpu speed fix.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 16:41 (Ref:509664)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
There is a bandwidth patch available which should get rid of those occasional "bandwidth mismatch" errors. If you don't have it, you won't be able to join races on VROC where the server has the patch installed. I tried it last night for a Spa race and couldn't get in. Trouble is, if you download it, the read me is complicated (runs to 4 pages) and involves manual alterations to your core.ini (amongst other things). As it didn't seem essential, I haven't bothered - yet.
AHA!
That must be the reason why i couldn't join the race, right?
Or not?

Where can i get it?

Last edited by ASCII Man; 17 Feb 2003 at 16:43.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 19:42 (Ref:509834)   #13
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well i haven't got it and i could get in. What error did you get?

Was it "client/server bandwidth mismatch"?

Last edited by pirenzo; 17 Feb 2003 at 19:43.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 21:09 (Ref:509912)   #14
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I'm having problems . I'm getting booted from the servers ramdomly tonight for some reason.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 21:31 (Ref:509941)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Spud's server isn't bandwidth patched.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 21:52 (Ref:509966)   #16
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
on a tangent to the original discussion in this thread, i downloaded the disco fix and it's done nothing really - except make my races on VROC a little longer...however i still get disconnected - and annoyingly, my frame-rate goes down to about 2p/s before i get chucked off - or i end up throwing the towel in.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 17 Feb 2003, 22:07 (Ref:509984)   #17
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
good thing i can't get it then
Old 17 Feb 2003, 22:10 (Ref:509988)   #18
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
it's better now - it was worse before: i used to sometimes only manage a couple of laps before suddenly being chucked off.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 18 Feb 2003, 08:30 (Ref:510295)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
In three months or so on VROC, I've only lost a connection mid-race once I think although I do get disconnected occasionally on my return to the pits just after the race has finished. Must be something to do with your connections. Anyone still trying to race on a 56k modem?
Old 18 Feb 2003, 13:25 (Ref:510486)   #20
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Nope, i've got broadband
Old 19 Feb 2003, 15:58 (Ref:511664)   #21
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Ok, I'm getting a little worried now. I keep getting kicked back to vroc randomly when trying to race online. It's happening a lot now. I've tried the papy dico fix but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've also tried the bandwidth patch to that just stops me getting in all together. I don't know what to do.
Old 19 Feb 2003, 16:50 (Ref:511700)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I can't see any reason why it should suddenly start happening to you when it didn't before?
Old 19 Feb 2003, 17:21 (Ref:511738)   #23
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Thats the problem. If it had happened after I'd done something I'd know how to fix it, but as it is I don't .
Old 19 Feb 2003, 18:34 (Ref:511803)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling VROC and vrocip.exe?

I'm clutching at straws though...
Old 19 Feb 2003, 19:17 (Ref:511840)   #25
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
That was exactly what happened to me at the beginning Damon. Then i went and got the CPU speed fix and it all stopped. Now i get "10054:error with networking device" But ithink thats something to do with my wireless radio gear for getting the internet) My dad thought that it would be easier than drilling a hole up to my room for a cable, so it's all sent by radio from a transmitter behind the sofa downstairs, but in reallity, the signal frequently gets so low that you cannot get the net at all)