Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 May 2003, 17:56 (Ref:616012)   #1
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Speed World Challenge Lime Rock

Just a little reminder.

Speed Touring 3pm EST

Speed GT Race 1 4pm EST

Speed GT Race 2 5pm EST
Old 31 May 2003, 19:15 (Ref:616066)   #2
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I WISH I GOT SPEED!! My father won't buy the cable package that has it, anyway. At least I was actually there. Here's a reply I posted on a different thread:

Quote:
:WARNING: This post contains THREE spoilers. If you wish to see the Lime Rock races on SPEED, DO NOT SCROLL DOWN!!

Just got back from the wet wet wet wet wet wet WET Lime Rock on Monday. Less exciting in the rain, but it was fun. A little boring with Auberlen winning both of the GT's though. It was also pretty inevitable that Kleinubing would win _again_. Got lots of autographs, though. The Trans-Am race wasn't too exciting, either. After Said being suspended, I was glad to see someone else in 1st (Johnny Miller). Also saw Said plow into the wall during qualifying for the second GT race. And what about Paul Newman? Not too bad for the old guy. Fifth.

P.S. Yes, the Comp. Coupe was awesome looking. Too bad it didn't perform too well, though.
Old 31 May 2003, 22:10 (Ref:616241)   #3
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So, Fogelhund-
How did you like it? I've a question-did they find what caused Galati's accident in the second GT race? I saw it, but I don't know why it happened.
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 1 Jun 2003, 00:37 (Ref:616304)   #4
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Well, the Grand Am Cup races were pretty good, and I thought the Mini was great.

The SV races were also very entertaining.

Galati just couldn't find a proper brake balance for race 2, and was going too quick and lost it..... 4 times.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 01:13 (Ref:616315)   #5
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Well, I was talking about Galati's last crash-I didn't notice the other three times. Thanks for the info, but what do you mean by Grand Am Cup and "SV" races? Grand Am wasn't at Lime Rock, and I don't know what you mean by "SV". Please explain...:confused:

Last edited by RacerGuy2; 1 Jun 2003 at 01:14.
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 1 Jun 2003, 02:07 (Ref:616328)   #6
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Grand Am Cup races were on SpeedTV preceding the SVWC, Speedvision World Challenge.

The Grand Am Cup races were from Barber Park last weekend.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 12:15 (Ref:616637)   #7
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Oh. I guessed that SV standed for Speedvision, but I wasn't sure because it is now called the SPEED World Challenge. Thanks.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 16:40 (Ref:616874)   #8
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope you didn't get too wet RacerGuy because it looked as wet there as it was in Charlotte where i got soaked each day. The racing looked pretty good though. Too bad Boris, John Young and a few others couldn't make the second race.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 21:06 (Ref:617140)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was just as rainy here as it was in Lime Rock so I enjoyed watching and pretended I was there. Too bad my Irish Mike's guys could not make it to that race (having broken their cars at Mosport) because in those conditions those Subarus would have been right up at the sharp end!

Since I'm camping at Road Atlanta I will not be doing any rain dances that weekend.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 22:28 (Ref:617246)   #10
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Actually, I stayed pretty dry for most of the weekend (except Monday). We had the largest campsite in our group's history, so we had plenty of tarps, etc. to take shelter in. Here's a trivia question: Why don't they allow races on Sunday there?
Old 2 Jun 2003, 11:31 (Ref:617635)   #11
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because of noise limitations on Sunday?
Old 3 Jun 2003, 23:48 (Ref:619857)   #12
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Yes, very good-There is a small chuch on the hillside next to the main straight. In the '60s, they whined about noise so a law was made forbidding racing on Sunday. I feel that they should change it to no racing Sunday A.M., but according to my father, the law was made in such a way that it would be nearly impossible to change it. Oh, well...
Old 5 Jun 2003, 10:58 (Ref:621614)   #13
Hammerwerfer
Rookie

Ireland
Deutschland/Éire
Hammerwerfer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That SV stuff is a bit confusing. Back in my day it meant Super Vee!

And well done to Paul Newman. It is great to hear that he is still at it!

11th Commandment: Thou shalt not race at Lime Rock on the Lord's day...
Old 5 Jun 2003, 20:36 (Ref:622213)   #14
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Hammerwerfer
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not race at Lime Rock on the Lord's day...
Apparently so!
Old 6 Jun 2003, 01:16 (Ref:622426)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which was there first, the church or the race track?
Old 7 Jun 2003, 21:46 (Ref:624100)   #16
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
The church. So, yes, they do have the right to do that. But, I still say they should have limited racing to the afternoon, not all day.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 22:36 (Ref:633606)   #17
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
LRP News-An SCCA driver was killed during a race on Saturday. More info will follow when it comes available...

Last edited by RacerGuy2; 16 Jun 2003 at 22:37.