Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Mar 2000, 20:07 (Ref:5074)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
http://tentenths.com/links/Sport/GT_Racing/

As i'm not 100% up to date on the Sportscar and GT Racing scene, I would appreciate if anyone could attempt to suggest a revise setup for our links directory.

ie List the main series, etc for me so that I can reorganise the links into a more user friendly setup.
Old 15 Mar 2000, 02:27 (Ref:5075)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
actually I think that looks pretty good Craig..the main series are listed well and the links look ok too..

if anyone would like to add anything to this click the link above have a look and postour thoughts
Old 15 Mar 2000, 14:25 (Ref:5076)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Craig, I have submitted eight sports car related sites fom my favs to the links directory.
Old 15 Mar 2000, 20:50 (Ref:5077)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks guys!
Are the links groups comprehensive enough ? Do I need to add any extra ones ?

KC - you added a link to the Grand American Road Racing Championship to the ALMS section. I thought this was a series in it's own right - no ?
Old 16 Mar 2000, 13:42 (Ref:5078)   #5
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My mistake there craig. Sorry about that. I meant for it to go in the general sports car link section.
Old 16 Mar 2000, 16:30 (Ref:5079)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
So it is a seperate series ? Shall I create another category of links for it ?

Can anyone put together a list of the major series in this category for me ? (or point me to one elsewhere) - this is an expanding area of the sport, and I want to get this right.
Old 16 Mar 2000, 18:38 (Ref:5080)   #7
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
The Grand American Road Racing Championship is a separate entity from the American LeMans Series. Bill France, NASCAR scion, owns and runs the GARRC. The Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) is the sanctioning body for the series and handle the scrutineering tasks.

The ALMS is administered by Professional Sports Car. They handle all the technical end of the series.
Old 16 Mar 2000, 19:48 (Ref:5081)   #8
Chris S
Rookie

Chris S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KC:
[B]The Grand American Road Racing Championship is a separate entity from the American LeMans Series. Bill France, NASCAR scion, owns and runs the GARRC. The Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) is the sanctioning body for the series and handle the scrutineering tasks.

KC, SCCA does not sanction the GARRC. In fact, ALMS and SCCA are now very closely affiliated, with Messrs. Panoz and Sanchez currently leasing the Trans Am series from SCCA (ten year contract, nobody knows for sure how much, but estimates are $1M US per year). SCCA will continue to sanction the Trans Am events and provide all technical support and workers.