Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Nov 2010, 15:30 (Ref:2794284)   #251
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Group Lotus has an income flow from the Middle East as well. Which means it's not off the table that he can afford such lavish racing programs.

Yet Bahar has terrible judgement and seems to enjoy throwing money around like confetti just to feed his own ego. If he'd cooperated with Team he would've saved literally millions yet big fat ego got in the way and even then he's struck in a fix with Renault who if they change their name they lose even more in historical money.

Bahar is some kind of lunatic. The Indycar people in their subforum here are all breaking out the champagne at Bahar's big IndyCar ideas. If I were them I think I'd keep the cork right in that bottle.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 17:41 (Ref:2794346)   #252
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Group Lotus has an income flow from the Middle East as well. Which means it's not off the table that he can afford such lavish racing programs.

Yet Bahar has terrible judgement and seems to enjoy throwing money around like confetti just to feed his own ego. If he'd cooperated with Team he would've saved literally millions yet big fat ego got in the way and even then he's struck in a fix with Renault who if they change their name they lose even more in historical money.

Bahar is some kind of lunatic. The Indycar people in their subforum here are all breaking out the champagne at Bahar's big IndyCar ideas. If I were them I think I'd keep the cork right in that bottle.

I think its a little bit dull of you to assume that it is simply that "Bahar isn't co-operating with the current team". There must be something bigger going on, and you really haven't heard GL's side of the story have you?
Old 22 Nov 2010, 18:13 (Ref:2794358)   #253
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There must be something bigger going on, and you really haven't heard GL's side of the story have you?
I've read all their press releases on the matter and so far am absolutely aghast that they think they have a leg to stand on. As far as I can tell, beyond the mid-50s they have no right to claim any of the Team Lotus achievements as their own. Yet on their main website they have a whole section dedicated to it. Unless I'm missing something, that's just absolutely disgusting.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2794414)   #254
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will Buxton's thoughts, once you skip the first couple of paragraphs, he brings up some good points:
http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/
Old 23 Nov 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2794538)   #255
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post
I think its a little bit dull of you to assume that it is simply that "Bahar isn't co-operating with the current team". There must be something bigger going on, and you really haven't heard GL's side of the story have you?
I'm reasonably well versed on the subject, I make remarks based on the evidence that is available and I'll happily accept correction from serious people that are capable of bringing new evidence to the table. That's obviously not you.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 02:52 (Ref:2794549)   #256
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
I've read all their press releases on the matter and so far am absolutely aghast that they think they have a leg to stand on. As far as I can tell, beyond the mid-50s they have no right to claim any of the Team Lotus achievements as their own. Yet on their main website they have a whole section dedicated to it. Unless I'm missing something, that's just absolutely disgusting.
I've seen their site and it is pretty rich but that's marketing for you.