Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Jan 2017, 16:58 (Ref:3705046)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post

So many liveries to chose from but I always liked the white version of the Martini livery, initially used on the BT 45

Old 25 Jan 2017, 18:09 (Ref:3705056)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I always liked these from the ground effect era.

Arrows A3 Ragno livery:

March 821 Rothmans livery:
Old 25 Jan 2017, 19:31 (Ref:3705064)   #28
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Click image for larger version

Name:	546b323a9d8fb_-_1967_eagle-westlake_mki-004-lg.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	49047

Eagle Weslake, just beautiful not my picture, hope they don't mind.
Old 25 Jan 2017, 21:36 (Ref:3705092)   #29
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Hard to beat a Clark-era Lotus 49.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3705183)   #30
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I always liked these from the ground effect era.

Arrows A3 Ragno livery:
I very nearly posted the same picture. This was one of my favorites from that era.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3705306)   #31
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always much preferred the A3 in gold myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Arrows_A3_at_Silverstone_Classic_2011_(1).jpg  
Old 27 Jan 2017, 02:17 (Ref:3705429)   #32
Andyc
Rookie

Andyc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always liked the 1994 Pacific and Simtek.

1991 and 1994 Jordan and 1994 - 1997 Williams cars as well.

I know it was only in 1 race but the 1997 Lola was quite nice.

Andrew

Last edited by Andyc; 27 Jan 2017 at 02:28.
Old 27 Jan 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3705523)   #33
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Simtek 1994!

Selby
Old 27 Jan 2017, 15:51 (Ref:3705589)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Though about favourite liveries but liveries none the less and someone may even like these ones, I've always been intrigued by this. F1 teams, unlike IndyCar, have to use a uniform livery. However, in 1984 Tyrrell used different liveries on both cars. For example:

Martin Brundle

Stefan Bellof

Stefan Johansson

Does anyone know why a uniform livery is used and when it became a rule?
Old 27 Jan 2017, 15:55 (Ref:3705590)   #35
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula One Sporting Regulations 2017

9) CAR LIVERY
9.1 The provisions of the Code relating to national colours shall not apply to the Championship.
Both cars entered by a competitor must be presented in substantially the same livery at each Event, any change to this livery during a Championship season may only be made with the agreement of the Formula One Commission
I'll see if I can find where that came in.
Old 27 Jan 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3705591)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'll see if I can find where that came in.
Cheers. Any reason as to why the same livery?
Old 27 Jan 2017, 16:19 (Ref:3705593)   #37
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looking back at the history books, you saw above that the rule wasn't there in 1984 but we know it was there in 1999 when BAR had their infamous 'zip' livery.

At the 1986 Portugese GP, McLaren ran two different liveries - the normal red & white Marlboro on one car, but yellow & white on Rosberg's to advertise Marlboro Lights. There are lots of photos of this

So, some time between 1986 and 1999...
Old 27 Jan 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3705598)   #38
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hrm. I can't find the sporting regs from before 2001, which is a bit of a pain.

Anyway, if I recall correctly the livery regs were put in by Bernie/FOM to make the cars more easily identifiable and give the F1 and teams 'brands' some marketing stability. There's obviously no real technical reason for it; it's a purely visual one.
Old 27 Jan 2017, 17:59 (Ref:3705616)   #39
Middle_BBG
Racer

Middle_BBG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm quite happy to be in a minority of 1 for this, but (with thanks & acknowledgement to Motorsport for the photo) this has always been one of my favourites, and the team stickers were of the highest quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Rebaque.jpg  
Old 27 Jan 2017, 18:30 (Ref:3705618)   #40
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And Larrousse alternated their livery for each GP in 94
Old 27 Jan 2017, 19:54 (Ref:3705638)   #41
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have always had a soft spot for this myself
Attached Thumbnails
6ecebe1ce861e4f41d345a6b988cdee4.jpg  
Old 28 Jan 2017, 01:23 (Ref:3705698)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle_BBG View Post
I'm quite happy to be in a minority of 1 for this, but (with thanks & acknowledgement to Motorsport for the photo) this has always been one of my favourites, and the team stickers were of the highest quality.
That's Hector Rebaque in the cockpit.
Old 28 Jan 2017, 02:14 (Ref:3705703)   #43
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Loved the BAR answer to not being allowed to run the cars in different liveries. Split the livery!

Old 28 Jan 2017, 03:57 (Ref:3705715)   #44
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
I have always had a soft spot for this myself
That is simply stunning, thanks for sharing ...😊
Old 28 Jan 2017, 04:04 (Ref:3705717)   #45
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Fantastic looking car gert !
Old 28 Jan 2017, 08:25 (Ref:3705735)   #46
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
I always found it quite extraordinary that a governing body would not only think that liveries were their concern but also that it actually legislated on them . Utterly daft - unless it doesn't feature men in pointy hats with KKK logoes (maybe big in NASCAR ) or the like then who cares - and why ?
Old 28 Jan 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3705750)   #47
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arrows A2 Doodlebug in Warsteiner colours, mostly because it's the maddest looking F1 car of its time. If I could find one for sale, I'd buy it!

Copersucar Fittipaldi in any version you care to name. Mostly out of a sense of nostalgia for my all-time hero, but genuinely lovely-looking.
Old 28 Jan 2017, 15:44 (Ref:3705788)   #48
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Williams Martini
Old 28 Jan 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3705791)   #49
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
I always found it quite extraordinary that a governing body would not only think that liveries were their concern but also that it actually legislated on them . Utterly daft - unless it doesn't feature men in pointy hats with KKK logoes (maybe big in NASCAR ) or the like then who cares - and why ?
Now now be nice ..😊
Old 28 Jan 2017, 21:42 (Ref:3706086)   #50
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
KKK did they make a new compressors for F1 engines?