Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 May 2017, 16:36 (Ref:3735021)   #151
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor from Shedden that
Old 21 May 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3735022)   #152
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sheddon on Cook. Disgusting only fit for Brayfeild or Wimbledon. Should be black flagged but not very likely being one of the establishment.
Old 21 May 2017, 16:39 (Ref:3735023)   #153
FFSM
Rookie

FFSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for proving me right Gordon

Waits with bated breath to see what punishment he gets for that...
Old 21 May 2017, 16:39 (Ref:3735024)   #154
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It wasn't on purpose, he was swapping sides as cook moved back to the middle of the track. Not a chance they'll penalise, ironically pointed out by Shedden earlier today - they were all told not to push and bump into the hairpin and not to force off the road on the straight afterwards, and they've all done it with no penalty. What's the point in rules if they aren't enforced?
Old 21 May 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3735025)   #155
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MG in the top 10...

And Davenport currently in 12th!

Big impact from Moffat, lucky not to be collected
Old 21 May 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3735026)   #156
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Moffat ends the day in the barrier after trying to force someone off the road again.
Old 21 May 2017, 16:45 (Ref:3735027)   #157
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Significant damage to the front of Platos car too. I thought he was a clean driver now? Renewed man or something along those lines?

Moffat not happy with Newsham. I don't think he had the right to be angry tbh.
Old 21 May 2017, 16:46 (Ref:3735028)   #158
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Annoyed with Shedden for that. Not the suspension braking move so much, and I know Cook was defending, but you need to go past a car, not through it.

How many times did he hit his rear? Fairly disgusting.
Old 21 May 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3735029)   #159
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Significant damage to the front of Platos car too. I thought he was a clean driver now? Renewed man or something along those lines?

Moffat nor happy with Newsham. I don't think he had the right to be angry tbh.
More shoddy driving - dear oh dear it is the norm now I think Stefan Ratel of SRO was selling BTCC short when he said he didn't want BRCC crash bang racing in GT's It's getting boring now
Old 21 May 2017, 16:48 (Ref:3735030)   #160
FFSM
Rookie

FFSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It wasn't on purpose, he was swapping sides as cook moved back to the middle of the track. Not a chance they'll penalise, ironically pointed out by Shedden earlier today - they were all told not to push and bump into the hairpin and not to force off the road on the straight afterwards, and they've all done it with no penalty. What's the point in rules if they aren't enforced?
Swapping sides and hitting him hard enough to break the toe? Riiiight.

Annoys the hell out of me how Shedden always seems to come out of these "racing incidents" for the better. Lost count of the number of times he did that to Turkington last year. Hopefully karma gets him in the end and he has a weekend written off in race 1 like Tingram did today.

Also annoys me that Matt Neal playing the little lap dog so early, has he given up any hope of winning the title already?
Old 21 May 2017, 16:49 (Ref:3735031)   #161
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
More shoddy driving - dear oh dear it is the norm now I think Stefan Ratel of SRO was selling BTCC short when he said he didn't want BRCC crash bang racing in GT's It's getting boring now
My God just seen Matt Jackson in car at the start what was Austin doing?!!!
Old 21 May 2017, 16:49 (Ref:3735032)   #162
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Annoyed with Shedden for that. Not the suspension braking move so much, and I know Cook was defending, but you need to go past a car, not through it.

How many times did he hit his rear? Fairly disgusting.
That's what I thought. He quite literally chipped away at Cook until he broke. I like Gordon, he's easily one of the most talented guys on the grid - if not the outright best at the moment - but that was poor.
Old 21 May 2017, 16:50 (Ref:3735033)   #163
Liquoriceman
Racer

England
Lancashire
Liquoriceman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Moffat not happy with Newsham. I don't think he had the right to be angry tbh.
Pushing to pass Epps is obvious sat here at the hairpin! Looks like he's driving a snow plough now - can't be good for straight line speed!

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk
Old 21 May 2017, 16:51 (Ref:3735034)   #164
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Agreed. I do like a bit of bumping and rubbing, that's all part of touring car racing. I don't really have a problem with Shedden touching the back of Cook, until the end part - that's where the line was crossed. But that's the problem, they all consistently cross the line now. Moffat has been asking for that accident all day, and a few others have done the exact same move.

Cook is being very gracious in the unfair defeat. Great credit to him. Its rare to see that in the interviews too.
Old 21 May 2017, 16:54 (Ref:3735036)   #165
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFSM View Post
Swapping sides and hitting him hard enough to break the toe? Riiiight.

Annoys the hell out of me how Shedden always seems to come out of these "racing incidents" for the better. Lost count of the number of times he did that to Turkington last year. Hopefully karma gets him in the end and he has a weekend written off in race 1 like Tingram did today.

Also annoys me that Matt Neal playing the little lap dog so early, has he given up any hope of winning the title already?
He swapped sides too late and Cook was braking before Shedden. It wasn't on purpose, but it's 100% Shedden fault. I don't think it's a "racing incident" because it was completely avoidable. But I don't going he aimed for a wheel to break it. He should be penalised, but so should have Moffat been earlier, and the countless others in other series who have been terrible today.

But to be blunt, we've had 2 decades of absolutely horrendous driving and deliberate accidents with no penalties. They've decided pushing people off the road is OK, so accidentally smacking the back of a car is never going to get a penalty, even if it is deserved.
Old 21 May 2017, 16:55 (Ref:3735039)   #166
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Agreed. I do like a bit of bumping and rubbing, that's all part of touring car racing. I don't really have a problem with Shedden touching the back of Cook, until the end part - that's where the line was crossed. But that's the problem, they all consistently cross the line now. Moffat has been asking for that accident all day, and a few others have done the exact same move.

Cook is being very gracious in the unfair defeat. Great credit to him. Its rare to see that in the interviews too.
What is Louise Goodman talking about finishing the interview with "bad Luck"?! Shedden simply smashed him
Out of the race!
Old 21 May 2017, 16:57 (Ref:3735040)   #167
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
What is Louise Goodman talking about finishing the interview with "bad Luck"?! Shedden simply smashed him
Out of the race!
Yeah but she's crap. I'm sure some like her but she's bloody terrible. She reminds me of Mark Blundell from the ITV F1 days. They only ask simple questions so they don't have to think too much.

"How important is being high up the grid?". You don't see journalism like that every day. Only the hard hitting questions here.
Old 21 May 2017, 17:00 (Ref:3735041)   #168
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
You've got to say it's advantage Honda after that. They had a great weekend at a track where they usually find themselves scoring lower than the BMWs.

Nightmare for Ingram, not great for Turkington, decent for Jordan and excellent for Sutton.

Roll on Croft!
Old 21 May 2017, 17:02 (Ref:3735043)   #169
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
You've got to say it's advantage Honda after that. They had a great weekend at a track where they usually find themselves scoring lower than the BMWs.

Nightmare for Ingram, not great for Turkington, decent for Jordan and excellent for Sutton.

Roll on Croft!
If Shedden is not excluded it will set the scene for the rest of the season - for the old boys naturally. The kids will continue to get fined and excluded for anything. It all sucks and reminds me of wrestling in the 70's
Old 21 May 2017, 17:02 (Ref:3735044)   #170
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The question is will Shedden keep that victory?

Gutted for ATS... But shows the car had pace, Lloyd in the points too.

Pleased with a top ten for Davenport!
Old 21 May 2017, 17:02 (Ref:3735045)   #171
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Generally a bit of a poor day outside a few notable performances. Shedden and Moffat should've been penalised for their incidents, and I lost count of how many forced others off the road. There's too many cars with front end damage.

The only solid thing that comes from this is there is a clear Honda advantage, and they're the only team who have both drivers performing well. And I think the case for the Subaru debate has been firmly answered too.

I hate that Tim Harvey thinks everything is good racing.
Old 21 May 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3735046)   #172
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
The question is will Shedden keep that victory?

Gutted for ATS... But shows the car had pace, Lloyd in the points too.

Pleased with a top ten for Davenport!
Yeah he'll keep it. He might get a slap on the wrist or points on his license but they never penalise cars properly. Remember 2015 when they introduced the 3 strike rule, and Jason had 4 strikes in a lap with nothing? And Shedden hit menu with nothing? I don't see this being any different.
Old 21 May 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3735047)   #173
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
If Shedden is not excluded it will set the scene for the rest of the season - for the old boys naturally. The kids will continue to get fined and excluded for anything. It all sucks and reminds me of wrestling in the 70's
Even the Team look embarrassed!
Old 21 May 2017, 17:06 (Ref:3735048)   #174
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My God just seen Matt Jackson in car at the start what was Austin doing?!!!
Don't think that is anything to cry about.
Old 21 May 2017, 17:06 (Ref:3735049)   #175
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
And Louise ends the day by asking an interview question whilst Shedden is trying to remove ear plugs and a balaclava. Even the TV quality has been poor today.

Cook did do one thing wrong. He ran Shedden into the pit wall the lap before. It was a Moffat style move to force someone off and if Shedden had kept his noise in, Cook would've been I'm the wall. TOCA need to stop this thing of forcing drivers off the road.