Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Feb 2018, 05:33 (Ref:3801435)   #76
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The STR 13 Honda Fires up and the engine runs without breaking....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKI32W4yJTQ
Old 15 Feb 2018, 05:52 (Ref:3801436)   #77
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
So 'T' wings are back! Albeit mounted much lower but.

Also, I thought Toro Rosso had dropped the 'Scuderia' bit from their name? Officially registered as Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda for 2018 are they not?
Old 15 Feb 2018, 08:25 (Ref:3801478)   #78
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Officially registered as Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda
They will need a longer car to fit that name on the side of it.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 12:45 (Ref:3801564)   #79
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
And obscuring the drivers helmet.
mmm, it's not tooooo bad for that from an outside-in perspective. the f2 shakedown photos give us an idea what it looks like on track:
http://www.fiaformula2.com/Multimedi...1328&gpid=8625
Old 15 Feb 2018, 13:13 (Ref:3801569)   #80
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
mmm, it's not tooooo bad for that from an outside-in perspective. the f2 shakedown photos give us an idea what it looks like on track:
http://www.fiaformula2.com/Multimedi...1328&gpid=8625

I wish you hadn't put up that link
Old 15 Feb 2018, 13:21 (Ref:3801573)   #81
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: Halo - I hated it first time i saw it but the more and more i see it the less i care, i wait final judgment until seeing every car on track though
Old 15 Feb 2018, 14:04 (Ref:3801587)   #82
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
my personal reaction is that i hate it, it's an abomination, but i care less and less the more i see it. i only allocated a certain number of fu... flippers to give to the halo, and i've pretty much exhausted the lot
Old 15 Feb 2018, 14:21 (Ref:3801593)   #83
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The Haas livery is as good as ever
Old 15 Feb 2018, 14:28 (Ref:3801597)   #84
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Yes, we all hate the halo looks, but I dislike shakfins and random winglets even more, and at least the halo adds to the safety.

Just a couple of years ago at the British GP, Max Chilton nearly got his head taken off by a flying wheel that came off Raikonnens crashing ferrari

Old 15 Feb 2018, 17:36 (Ref:3801618)   #85
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Max Verstappen loves the Halo.

https://youtu.be/9JUOUFdjORU?t=1m4s
Old 15 Feb 2018, 19:15 (Ref:3801657)   #86
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
The Williams FW41.

Old 15 Feb 2018, 20:18 (Ref:3801672)   #87
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i quite like the addition of more black to the bottom half of the car. think it makes the white part, so the Halo (which i must be completely desensitized to now), look to be a natural part of the car.

from a design point of view it looks like Williams have made more of a departure from their 2017 car then i would have expected.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 04:00 (Ref:3801740)   #88
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I just had a random question. Has the halo been tested in the rain? I am imagining drops flowing from off the halo onto visors, in a distracting, if not reducing visibility more, than just rain coming down normally.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 05:24 (Ref:3801752)   #89
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Claire Williams at the FW41 launch: "We would only put talented drivers in our car.
"This is a dangerous business and we’re not going to put someone in a car just because they come with money.
"Our decision-making process is so much more complex than just deciding to put a driver into the race seat because they have some cash.”

Old 16 Feb 2018, 10:49 (Ref:3801786)   #90
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I just had a random question. Has the halo been tested in the rain? I am imagining drops flowing from off the halo onto visors, in a distracting, if not reducing visibility more, than just rain coming down normally.
Anybody who has driven an open wheeler in the wet would not bother asking this question!
Old 16 Feb 2018, 11:17 (Ref:3801789)   #91
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Claire Williams at the FW41 launch: "We would only put talented drivers in our car.
"This is a dangerous business and we’re not going to put someone in a car just because they come with money.
"Our decision-making process is so much more complex than just deciding to put a driver into the race seat because they have some cash.”

I think the get out clause here is "have some cash", clearly need to have a whole lot of cash.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 14:37 (Ref:3801804)   #92
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let's just hope the car has been designed to be good enough, as they have two inexperienced drivers, who could still do better than people are saying. Hopefully it won't be all doom and gloom for them this season
Old 16 Feb 2018, 15:22 (Ref:3801819)   #93
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
prediction: sirotkin will hand stroll his arse at the aussie gp and feathers will fly
Old 16 Feb 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3801883)   #94
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Anybody who has driven an open wheeler in the wet would not bother asking this question!
Yeah, I haven't been privleged to do that, but thanks for the dismissal with no actual insight!
Old 16 Feb 2018, 18:37 (Ref:3801889)   #95
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i think what he actually meant to say is that that won't be a thing above 30mph because of airflow and science, but it came out wrong...
Old 16 Feb 2018, 19:08 (Ref:3801892)   #96
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Spade and start digging holes come to mind..
Old 17 Feb 2018, 00:34 (Ref:3801943)   #97
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
A bright orange F1 car on the grid this year??
Old 17 Feb 2018, 00:56 (Ref:3801944)   #98
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
To add to the quote above, she went on to say:

"Yes, we're an independent team, yes sponsorship is really hard to come by these days, not just for our team, but every team out there.

"I don't think many teams have signed new sponsors over the past few seasons in F1.

"So clearly if a driver has some financial backing, that's an added bonus, but that's not the foundation for a decision-making process at Williams when we come to make our driver decisions. It's not a factor."

So financial backing was not a factor at Williams as far as driver decisions are concerned. Great. Now that the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth has been said, we can all rest easy knowing money had nothing to do with the Williams driver selections.
Old 17 Feb 2018, 06:54 (Ref:3801951)   #99
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Lucky these two best drivers in the world are loaded then! And hid their talent so well during their junior years! What rubbish, even right now on talent alone you could easily find so many that are do much better, though I do think Sirotkin might prove competent.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3802239)   #100
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
prediction: sirotkin will hand stroll his arse at the aussie gp and feathers will fly
I think it may be the other way around.

Many are expecting Williams to finish last in the championship. But I think they might actually finish higher than they did last year. And it won't be because of their two drivers. But because of the chassis Lowe and De Beer (2 of F1's best engineers) have put together. The new chassis has a lot of Ferrari and a some Mercedes' traits built in to it. Add to that, Williams rumoured to be running a carbon fibre gearbox instead of the inferior cast aluminium design (the only team to do so in 2017) for the coming season. The FW41 chassis for 2018 should be quick.