Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 7 Oct 2013, 07:33 (Ref:3313985)   #51
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
One week today, and I'll be leaving on a jet plane ........

Turn 7, one more time!

Old 8 Oct 2013, 00:59 (Ref:3314359)   #52
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Weather forecast, doesn't have anything after Wednesday yet:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+USGA0069:1:US
Old 8 Oct 2013, 01:35 (Ref:3314364)   #53
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I feel better now knowing I wasn't the only one checking already, and liking the change since it said 60% chance this morning. I think we have done our share of floating for one racing season down here.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 03:42 (Ref:3314396)   #54
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's PLM; it'll dump rain at some point, it'll be hotter than hell at some point during the day, and cold enough to cut glass one night.

I'll bring the kitchen sink, as normal. I mean, broadrun and everyone else will bring the kitchen sink, and i'll use white lightning as a barter.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3314693)   #55
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hey, I might bring a whole kitchen but I left the sink in the bag. Have to move the stove and hooch for the sink and that's not happening. Got the bags out of the garage last night to go through and organize everything.

Not sure yet if I'll wait in line overnight or mage the drive early Wed but leaning toward Tuesday afternoon and sleep in the truck one night to secure enough space again.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 01:13 (Ref:3314905)   #56
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm going to get there as early as I can. broad - there are a couple of extras coming this time: John's father-in-law, his smoker-in-law and spouse Ribs, as well as another college buddy of ours. Soooooo.... space we will need. The furriners (<- that is an actual word in Websters... no, seriously) will be there around 9:30am.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 01:27 (Ref:3314908)   #57
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
K, I will target being there the night before to defend the hill then. Plus joeb will be claiming some space too so I better look tough and mean. Bringing the Apache too? And do we want to be roadside like the spring or back in the middle again?
Old 9 Oct 2013, 01:50 (Ref:3314913)   #58
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
... so I better look tough and mean.
You do realize your 9ft tall right?

Yep, Apache will be there. Beggars can't be choosers bud, so whatever works. I'm seriously going to try to be there asap...
Old 9 Oct 2013, 02:19 (Ref:3314922)   #59
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
so I better look tough and mean.
Not a problem for you at all. I'll play the crazy guy, need be.

I am back to Thursday AM again. Guess thats what I get for running off to Vail a couple weekends ago.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 13:02 (Ref:3315178)   #60
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Weather looked good yesterday but is looking suspect today.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3315216)   #61
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here is the final time/place for a ten-tenths meetup:

Thursday at lunchtime Turn 4 by the flagpole (which has a Panoz flag and many others I am forgetting)

But feel free to stop by and say hello anytime you see folks slouching around there. I refuse to wear a nametag, but will be wearing a yellow LSU hat so I should be easy to spot.

Last edited by joeb; 9 Oct 2013 at 14:04.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 14:29 (Ref:3315226)   #62
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I swear. It's always about this time that the 10 day forecast on weather.com and wunderground start playing with my emotions.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3315276)   #63
rax262
Rookie

United States
Charlotte, NC
rax262 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weather predictions

For what it's worth, the weather prediction I use every year for PLM:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=text

Not that it matters, rain or shine.. unless there is 3 inches of standing water on the track.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3315306)   #64
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm beginning to get a bit scared of going to Road Atlanta, with all the talk of Fire Ants...

Old 9 Oct 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3315311)   #65
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Weatherbug is definitely playing with us, it seems to change twice a day and swing wildly and be very different from weather.com. But that is Georgia in Oct, left the house this morning at 530 (52 degrees) now at 2 pm (78 degrees). And looks like some cooler nights, ok so cool for Georgia, in the 40s.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 18:22 (Ref:3315319)   #66
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I'm beginning to get a bit scared of going to Road Atlanta, with all the talk of Fire Ants...

I've been going PLM sice the 1st one and camping out there since 2000. I have never had an issue with fire ants.
I always set up shop at the outside of the braking zone for 10a. Never any ants over there.
Also, on a totally different note. Last year at PLM some crazy, but helpful folks decided to do some lumber work at about 2am and remove a tree that was blocking the view.
look above the ebay motors sign in this pic:

now look (this was from the Grand Am Race)
That grassy area behind the signs is where I'll be

Old 9 Oct 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3315407)   #67
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Weatherbug is definitely playing with us, it seems to change twice a day and swing wildly and be very different from weather.com. But that is Georgia in Oct, left the house this morning at 530 (52 degrees) now at 2 pm (78 degrees). And looks like some cooler nights, ok so cool for Georgia, in the 40s.
I just dont want the rain to mess with K & N.

Just ordered 50 cigars for the Petit.If I see you on the fence, I will give you one.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3315419)   #68
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I refuse to wear a nametag, but will be wearing a yellow LSU hat so I should be easy to spot.
How 'bout them Dawgs!

See you there!
Old 9 Oct 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3315421)   #69
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:

I've never had an issue with them at Road Atlanta either. Can't remember ever seeing a hill honestly.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3315423)   #70
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

First thing we do in camp is put down fire ant killer.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3315430)   #71
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I should have brought some of our bait for the Mitty and cleared out the hill for us. Usually just one big mound under the cherry by us but no where near as bad as south Ga.

Filled the humidor a couple weeks ago myself and usually bring 30 or so for the week. And definitely no rain for Fri afternoon, even if they have rain tires the backstretch noise just wouldn't be the same.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 01:46 (Ref:3315523)   #72
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
How 'bout them Dawgs!

See you there!

I'm surprised you beat Jeremy to that! It was at least a good game and hopefully they meet again in the Georgia Dome.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3315698)   #73
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
There's as many fire ants in my backyard as at RoadATL. I guess I am used to them, and they prefer to attack dem furriners.

And yeah, ummmm, weather outlook turning South rather quickly. Good thing Grand Am ain't running the show yet, as they surely would've cancelled all sessions at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

I'm surprised you beat Jeremy to that! It was at least a good game and hopefully they meet again in the Georgia Dome.
I am a gentleman, joe, and never like to rub it in. At least in cyberspace; I'll say it to your face instead
Quote:
Thursday at lunchtime Turn 4 by the flagpole (which has a Panoz flag and many others I am forgetting)
American flags, perhaps a RedBull Racing flag, Corvette and the Damned St George's cross and an Oz flag. And I believe that's flagpoleS.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3315756)   #74
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I am a gentleman, joe, and never like to rub it in. At least in cyberspace; I'll say it to your face instead

American flags, perhaps a RedBull Racing flag, Corvette and the Damned St George's cross and an Oz flag. And I believe that's flagpoleS.
Of course you are a gentleman, I would never question that.....

Ok, lots of additional flags. Sounds like you are missing a certain purple and gold flag though. Lets see if we can fix that this year.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3315811)   #75
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA

The weather forecast is actually getting a little better depending on what you are checking. It keeps pushing back, so hopefully it will push back to Sunday.