Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Sep 2017, 21:28 (Ref:3769157)   #51
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
Any reason for the need for a separate thread? Would have thought it more sensible to continue using the same one the creator had posted to not more than 24 hours. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=151654&page=3 Not as if it is ground breaking news, just chat at this stage.
same discussion going on in both threads
Old 22 Sep 2017, 03:38 (Ref:3769195)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Walkinshaw Looking For Equity Partners

Its not a 'NO' did you notice?

And nice insta shot, even Supercar borrows inspiration from here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Sep 2017, 03:43 (Ref:3769196)   #53
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Given what DJRTP have done, you can see why someone would be interested in doing it.

The situations are quite different however.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 08:26 (Ref:3769398)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Perhaps they'll relocate at the conclusion of the season?

Seems kinda counter-productive to uproot in the midst of a significant form slump.
From today's Daily Telegraph Motoring section...

Seems they're not intending moving... hmmm...
Old 29 Sep 2017, 01:50 (Ref:3770425)   #55
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like HSV has secured some potentially lucrative business for Holden:
http://www.news.com.au/technology/in...e68e752d17bef8

Converting Camaros to RHD, will it be any better than FPV's Mustang?

To be fair the base car is FAR better.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 05:54 (Ref:3770456)   #56
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Doesn't carry the reputation of being a pedestrian-killer either.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3771356)   #57
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A sign from Mr Adderton that he is reconsidering his position? Boost Mobile backing for Percat/Jones
Old 5 Oct 2017, 01:31 (Ref:3771915)   #58
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Walkinshaw Andretti United Is Go!!

Auto Fiction? Hardly..
Old 5 Oct 2017, 01:50 (Ref:3771918)   #59
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Walkinshaw Andretti United Is Go!!

Auto Fiction? Hardly..
Its no different from the Auto Action or Speedcafe articles that have come before it.

Wheels is a bit late to this party...

Not saying its not likely to happen but there's nothing official in that article
Old 5 Oct 2017, 01:59 (Ref:3771922)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Its no different from the Auto Action or Speedcafe articles that have come before it.

Wheels is a bit late to this party...

Not saying its not likely to happen but there's nothing official in that article
Perhaps, but Wheels is rarely a speculator about anything, so this is unusual
Old 5 Oct 2017, 03:36 (Ref:3771943)   #61
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the qualifier of 'are believed'. So nothing we didn't already know.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 03:43 (Ref:3771944)   #62
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Check the news sites at approximately 8.31pm
Old 5 Oct 2017, 05:10 (Ref:3771962)   #63
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Haha this man knows something that Pecky doesn't!!!
Old 5 Oct 2017, 05:34 (Ref:3771967)   #64
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by velly4 View Post
Haha this man knows something that Pecky doesn't!!!
I also know where the Bruce Highway is...

Anyhoooo, looking forward to 8.31, I would hope it could only get better in terms of possibilities and opening doors for WR and drivers in both categories, foreign and domestic. Might even be the thing to cement JC there for another year or more...
Old 5 Oct 2017, 05:45 (Ref:3771971)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
It was already on a major news site this morning, one linked to the new triumvirate, and then miraculously evaporated... allegedly..
Old 5 Oct 2017, 06:01 (Ref:3771976)   #66
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It was already on a major news site this morning, one linked to the new triumvirate, and then miraculously evaporated... allegedly..
You would hope that news site would take the time to remove any grammatical and spelling errors in the meantime then...
Old 5 Oct 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3772017)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Walkinshaw Andretti United... Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
"To be able to partner with both Andretti Autosport and United Autosports is an honour," said Walkinshaw Racing chairman Ryan Walkinshaw.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3772019)   #68
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Auto Action Has More...

Old 5 Oct 2017, 09:45 (Ref:3772021)   #69
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Speedcafe Story...

Quote:
It is understood Walkinshaw will hold an equal partnership with Andretti, while Brown and United Autosports will become a minority shareholder.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3772023)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Walkinshaw Official Announcement

Old 5 Oct 2017, 09:52 (Ref:3772025)   #71
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Walkinshaw Video Here
Old 5 Oct 2017, 09:57 (Ref:3772026)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Supercar Announcement
Old 5 Oct 2017, 10:07 (Ref:3772031)   #73
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Holden Motor Sport Announcement
Old 5 Oct 2017, 10:16 (Ref:3772036)   #74
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Courier Mail Article

Quote:
Motorsport giant Andretti Racing teams up with Walkinshaw to resurrect the once mighty team
James Phelps, The Daily Telegraph
05 October, 2017

THE future of Australia’s greatest V8 team has been assured by a multimillion-dollar deal that brings another American racing giant join on to the Australian Supercars scene.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Walkinshaw Racing has sold a multi-million stake in the iconic Aussie team to US heavyweight Andretti Racing to help resurrect the outfit formerly known as the Holden Racing Team as a V8 force.

Team owner Ryan Walkinshaw confirmed he would sell a non-controlling stake in the famous two-car team to Andretti Racing and another portion of the business to McLaren Group heavy hitter Zak Brown.

US legend Michael Andretti — owner of Andretti Racing — will bring NASCAR racing technology to Australia in a bid to bring down his American Indy rival, US billionaire Roger Penske, on Australian circuits like Mount Panorama.

“We have been looking for a strategic partner for the past 12 months,’’ Walkinshaw said.

“We had an introduction to Michael and it very quickly made a lot of sense. Zac then came on board to make it a truly international partnership. This is going to be a game changer.’’

In his first interview as a Supercars team owner, Andretti — a CART racing legend and former Formula One driver — declared he would return Walkinshaw Racing to their glory days after Holden stripped it of factory backing and the famous Holden Racing Team name.

“I am in the business of racing and we are constantly looking for opportunities. This was a fantastic opportunity,’’ said Andretti, who has eyes on instant success down under.

“For sure. We can do that and we have a lot of ideas already. There are things that we can do that will certainly help. We are coming here to win. I wouldn’t be here otherwise.’’

The son of legend Marco Andretti said he would deliver state-of-the-art NASCAR technology to the series in a no-expenses-spared bid to send Walkinshaw Racing to the top of the V8 pile.

“We are going to be hands on,’’ Andretti said.

‘We have our technical director down here already and he has a lot of experience in NASCAR. He has a tonne of ideas about what he can bring from NASCAR. He only left NASCAR last year and he is the guy that is responsible for turning one of the big teams around. He has a lot of things he has learned that he hopefully will put in place here.’’

Walkinshaw, who took over the famous team when his father Tom passed away in 2010, said he would deliver on his promise to make his dad’s team great again.

The Holden Racing Team won 179 races and six championships in a golden era led by legends Peter Brock, Mark Skaife and Craig Lowndes.

“We certainly hope so,’’ Walkinshaw said.

“We have to now make sure we deliver on it. There has been a lot of work getting to this point but the real work is just starting. We have to start working together and delivering solution to the race team that will deliver results. It won’t change over night but we are adamant it will.’’

Andretti has also made it his mission to secure a new manufacturer for the team after the Holden walkout.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 10:47 (Ref:3772039)   #75
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting tie up.... Andretti Autosport in Indycar is hardly the most cashed up team when it comes to sponsors on the side, so I assume they'll provide the technical side, United Autosport can work the promotional angle?

Great news to have these people in the series either way

Quote:
The son of legend Marco Andretti said he would deliver state-of-the-art NASCAR technology to the series in a no-expenses-spared bid to send Walkinshaw Racing to the top of the V8 pile.
Phelpsy at his best again.......

When did Marco Andretti have a kid??

What NASCAR technology is Andretti Autosport bringing?