Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Nov 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3478969)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nicest Driver of The Year?

Plenty of opinions on the merits of the various drivers, as racers, how about just for fun give a 'niceness rating'.

Without personal experience it can only be judged on how they appear when being interviewed on TV. I don't think that we should allow written media to influence judgement, as that already contains someone else's impression.

I will kick off with;

1. Felipe Massa.
2. Jenson Button.
3 Daniel Riciarrdo.
4. Nico Rosberg.
5. Valteri Bottas.
6. Jean Eric Vergne.

Keep it light hearted PLEASE.
Old 26 Nov 2014, 18:28 (Ref:3478975)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nico Hulkenberg always seems such a straightforward guy.
Old 26 Nov 2014, 19:33 (Ref:3478999)   #3
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's hard to find anyone anywhere with a bad word to say about Felipe Massa, but I think Button has really come across as a gentleman this season.
Old 26 Nov 2014, 20:32 (Ref:3479026)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In what seems like a leftfield choice, how about Lewis Hamilton?
Old 26 Nov 2014, 20:46 (Ref:3479039)   #5
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
In what seems like a leftfield choice, how about Lewis Hamilton?
Eh, the nominations are for nicest driver....
Old 26 Nov 2014, 21:13 (Ref:3479052)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Yep. Why not?

Oh dear. I can see this thread going downhill.
Old 26 Nov 2014, 22:35 (Ref:3479085)   #7
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan for me. Followed by Bottas. Both have great smiles and happy to use it.
Massa whinges too much. Hamilton more so.
Old 26 Nov 2014, 22:35 (Ref:3479086)   #8
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Yep. Why not?

Oh dear. I can see this thread going downhill.
I feared this would happen, thus LIGHT HEARTED .......
Old 26 Nov 2014, 22:36 (Ref:3479087)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABWOA View Post
Dan for me. Followed by Bottas. Both have great smiles and happy to use it.
Massa whinges too much. Hamilton more so.

NOT IN THE SPIRIT OF THE THREAD. Go to the back of the class.
Old 26 Nov 2014, 23:30 (Ref:3479101)   #10
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan, then Jenson.
Old 27 Nov 2014, 00:46 (Ref:3479121)   #11
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi
Old 27 Nov 2014, 01:39 (Ref:3479134)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Daniel, Felipe, Jenson and Lewis...

Its hard not to love Felipe, Lewis is very talented lets face it....
Old 27 Nov 2014, 02:51 (Ref:3479145)   #13
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Daniel, Jenson, Kamui, Bottas, Lewis, Hulkenberg....
Old 27 Nov 2014, 03:16 (Ref:3479151)   #14
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Dan and Jenson are both lovely.

In fact they all are.
Old 27 Nov 2014, 06:22 (Ref:3479178)   #15
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If we're judging off track personalities, then what about Vettel? People might not like his winning, but he's always seemed one of the friendlier guys out of the car.

Rosberg not so much, there were a couple times this year he wasn't such a ray sunshine, particularly the race where we hit Lewis and go booed on the podium, he was pretty ****ed then and barely even did the interview.

Probably not a representative thread because we never much see those that don't finish on the podium.
Old 27 Nov 2014, 07:18 (Ref:3479186)   #16
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
If we're judging off track personalities, then what about Vettel? People might not like his winning, but he's always seemed one of the friendlier guys out of the car.

Rosberg not so much, there were a couple times this year he wasn't such a ray sunshine, particularly the race where we hit Lewis and go booed on the podium, he was pretty ****ed then and barely even did the interview.

Probably not a representative thread because we never much see those that don't finish on the podium.

The BBC do plenty of formal and informal chats, especially during the 'grid walk', also more 'official' interviews during Thursday and Friday presentations.

This is not about overall character, more about how they come across at such times.
Old 27 Nov 2014, 07:26 (Ref:3479187)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I usually listen and imagine whether a particular driver would ever be seen down the pub (or whatever their national equivalent) having a drink with mates, or out on a group Sunday morning cycle ride.

My judgement could be completely flawed, but Jensen and Dan of the current crop spring to mind....

Old 27 Nov 2014, 08:27 (Ref:3479197)   #18
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A man who races with a ridiculous looking pink helmet for an entire season purely to honor his father must be a pretty good bloke.
Old 27 Nov 2014, 10:31 (Ref:3479219)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Daniel Ricciardo seemed the most down to earth, much like his predecessor Mark Webber
Old 27 Nov 2014, 11:02 (Ref:3479226)   #20
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
My first choice would have to be Jenson Button. He (nearly) always answers the interviewers (often inane) questions with a smile, and appears to give a genuine and thought through reply.
Ricciardo is also a breath of fresh air. I know he's had a lot of things to be happy about, and he does seem to have a naturally happy looking face, but he always seems upbeat, and seems to concentrate on the positive aspects of whatever is happening. (I must say that I also like what appears to be "The Australian attitude". They always seem happy to "tell it like it is", no sugar coating on what's said, this is it. A trait I also admired about Mark Webber, plus from what I've seen quoted as being said by Australian politicians!)
Old 27 Nov 2014, 11:18 (Ref:3479231)   #21
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo,
...because anyone who slaps Vettel they way he did this year must be nice

Honestly, him or Button
Old 27 Nov 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3479282)   #22
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I'd go with Ricciardo and Massa as a close second. Both men seemed to have really been enjoying themselves this season and it's spilled over into their interviews.
Old 27 Nov 2014, 15:19 (Ref:3479287)   #23
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. Daniel Ricciardo
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Valtteri Bottas
4. Nico Rosberg
5. Kevin Magnussen
Old 29 Nov 2014, 12:16 (Ref:3479895)   #24
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
1. Daniel Ricciardo
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Valtteri Bottas
4. Nico Rosberg
5. Kevin Magnussen
Really? Neither Button nor Massa?
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 30 Nov 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3480394)   #25
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
1. Daniel Ricciardo
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Valtteri Bottas
4. Nico Rosberg
5. Kevin Magnussen