Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 May 2015, 09:26 (Ref:3535075)   #26
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I think we're about to see a surprise new title sponsor: The National Coal Board (or am I just showing my age?)
Old 7 May 2015, 10:01 (Ref:3535085)   #27
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
The paint makes little difference ...
I think the paint is one barometer that tests the confidence of a team. A good livery is needed to fully accommodate sponsors and a good slate of sponsors drives forward the racing.
Old 7 May 2015, 10:22 (Ref:3535094)   #28
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They need a colorful sponsor...
Old 7 May 2015, 10:50 (Ref:3535100)   #29
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Personally I think it looks chavvy at best, it wouldnt surprise me to see the team wearing shell suits with fags behind their ears......Correct me if i'm mistaken but McLarens default factory colour is ORANGE

Bruce Mclaren was from New Zeeland, so "all black" is fitting.
Old 7 May 2015, 16:57 (Ref:3535197)   #30
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i like it alot. very menacing and also sci-fi like imo. its isnt but it looks like the most dangerous predator of the bunch.

dont know if anyone here watched the Battlestar Galactica reboot from a few years back but it reminds me of a cylon raider.
Old 7 May 2015, 20:35 (Ref:3535248)   #31
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Personally I think it looks chavvy at best, it wouldnt surprise me to see the team wearing shell suits with fags behind their ears......Correct me if i'm mistaken but McLarens default factory colour is ORANGE
According to Ron, you are mistaken. Dayglo red is their colour, they just painted a few cars orange in the 70's. Vastly more McLaren race cars have sported silver liveries than any other colour.
Old 8 May 2015, 05:52 (Ref:3535403)   #32
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
According to Ron, you are mistaken. Dayglo red is their colour, they just painted a few cars orange in the 70's. Vastly more McLaren race cars have sported silver liveries than any other colour.
What as in dayglo red on a white car, Marlboro style?

Boy do I miss cigarette money! Ron too I'll bet!
Old 8 May 2015, 22:10 (Ref:3535661)   #33
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Personally I think it looks chavvy at best, it wouldnt surprise me to see the team wearing shell suits with fags behind their ears.....
I think it is a bit. Day-glow red and black doesn't sit right with me. It's something a boy-racer might cobble together; himself thinking it's great but everyone else thinking it just kind-of a little odd looking.

I'm laughing too at Dennis being an art critic via Ronspeak.

They could do much better, these teams. With all the web designers, graphic artists and the top stuff they do; you'd think some of these teams would integrate some of that kind of creativity into their liveries. But they don't really.
Old 8 May 2015, 23:52 (Ref:3535683)   #34
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I think it is a bit. Day-glow red and black doesn't sit right with me. It's something a boy-racer might cobble together; himself thinking it's great but everyone else thinking it just kind-of a little odd looking.

I'm laughing too at Dennis being an art critic via Ronspeak.

They could do much better, these teams. With all the web designers, graphic artists and the top stuff they do; you'd think some of these teams would integrate some of that kind of creativity into their liveries. But they don't really.
It is just paint, you would expect them to experiment far more, though the engineering is not exactly spectacular these days either!
Old 9 May 2015, 00:49 (Ref:3535694)   #35
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could one reason why McLaren isn't running dayglo red and white is so people aren't complaining about how their car "subliminally" look like a Marlboro packet?
Old 9 May 2015, 01:08 (Ref:3535696)   #36
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Dayglo red and white subliminally looks like a sunburnt sheep...
Old 9 May 2015, 01:08 (Ref:3535697)   #37
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Could one reason why McLaren isn't running dayglo red and white is so people aren't complaining about how their car "subliminally" look like a Marlboro packet?
Whatever happened to; "no publicity is bad publicity?"
Old 9 May 2015, 11:59 (Ref:3535787)   #38
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The new livery, being cr@p, suits the car just fine. Perhaps they're saving the proper paint job for when the car and engine are sorted?
Old 9 May 2015, 20:58 (Ref:3535966)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I thought ferrari still got money from Phillip Morris but could not show obvious sponsorship
Old 10 May 2015, 00:16 (Ref:3535998)   #40
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post
The new livery, being cr@p, suits the car just fine. Perhaps they're saving the proper paint job for when the car and engine are sorted?

When?More like IF
Old 11 May 2015, 00:24 (Ref:3536298)   #41
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
It is just paint, you would expect them to experiment far more, though the engineering is not exactly spectacular these days either!
That's just what happens when creativity enters board room meetings.
Old 11 May 2015, 14:48 (Ref:3536461)   #42
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would have liked to have seen something based more on their herritage colour a bit like this rather interesting example I saw last weekend. Not sure the number plate matches the car though!
Old 11 May 2015, 19:00 (Ref:3536538)   #43
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haven't you people got anything better to do? So sad...
Old 11 May 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3536575)   #44
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Other than the red It seems to become almost invisible on track, good camouflage?