Old 10 Feb 2004, 18:56 (Ref:869757)   #1
HankScorpio
Rookie

HankScorpio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pics from Goodwood 07/02

First post - go easy on me!!
I've checked the rules and hopefully I can squeeze this one in under
Quote:
As a sign of good faith we don't mind you posting URL's to useful sites, but only where they appropriate to a particular topic.

Apologies if I've misinterpreted that, remove the thread if that's the case...

Anyway... I took some pics at the BookaTrack day at Goodwood on 07/02. I've got a fair number more of *most* cars, if you were there and want high res copies, drop me a mail and I'll see what I've got.
Distinctly non-professional, non-comercial, I just like taking pictures so don't expect too much!

http://www.hankscorpio.net/cargallery/goodwood-040206
Old 10 Feb 2004, 23:23 (Ref:870059)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welsome ot ten-tenths

Goes to show you can take anything to a track day. Great stuff. Everyone looks like they are having fun.

Have you been doing track days long?
Old 11 Feb 2004, 05:46 (Ref:870248)   #3
HankScorpio
Rookie

Thanks!
I did one at Brands last year but circumstances and car trouble have prevented me doing others, hopefully I'll get into the swing of it this year.
I've been to see a fair few and I have to say that last week at Goodwood was the best I've seen for sheer variety of cars.
I'm not a big fan of the road going racers and caterfields, I'd rather see the family saloon being given a good run out!
And yes, everyone seemed to be having fun but then I left before the rain!

Last edited by HankScorpio; 11 Feb 2004 at 05:50.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 09:42 (Ref:870393)   #4
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes Hank, Welcome to the Fourm!

I also like to see family saloons going hell-for-leather sround a track, basically doing the things that they weren't designed for...
Old 10 Apr 2004, 20:29 (Ref:936023)   #5
HankScorpio
Rookie

Horrible self promotion from me again!!

Some cracking pics (even though I say so myself ) from Goodwood today 10 April 2004.

Lovely Lambo and even a Koenigsegg!

http://www.hankscorpio.com/trackdays/
Old 12 Apr 2004, 20:15 (Ref:937576)   #6
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by HankScorpio
Horrible self promotion from me again!!

Some cracking pics (even though I say so myself ) from Goodwood today 10 April 2004.

Lovely Lambo and even a Koenigsegg!

http://www.hankscorpio.com/trackdays/
I went down to watch. It was good fun. It's whetted my appetite and I'm tempted to have a go myself at some point.

I'd probably be the slowest in my Vectra SRi, but at least it's halfway there with stiffer suspension than the standard models.

There was a guy there driving a BMW estate who was getting a bit lary coming out of the chicane. It definitely caused a few gasps on the gantry above the pits!
Old 12 Apr 2004, 20:52 (Ref:937610)   #7
HankScorpio
Rookie

Late last year, there was a guy towed his track car down with his Cayenne, the track car failed the noise test so he went out in the Cayenne, talk about lary!
I wouldn't worry about getting your Vetra out, I've seen Fiat Uno's, Rover Metro's, VW Passats and even a Saab 99.

As one of the marshalls I was chatting to said, "It's a pace day, not a race day", I thought that summed it up well.

I think there's another one on saturday, I might get down to that.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 07:32 (Ref:937909)   #8
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looked like a good day out.

Anything can be used (within reason). The point is having fun. It takes a Ferarri for some people to have fun, yet other people can have the same fun in a Golf, or Astra etc.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 17:01 (Ref:996406)   #9
Russky
Rookie

Russky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree, that its the attitude and skill which make a trackday fun not so much the car. Although a decent car in a good condition does help
Old 9 Jun 2004, 08:15 (Ref:998132)   #10
qaz
Rookie

qaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did track day at oulton last year and it was great fun.the week previous someone had gone out in his brand new lambo.unfortunately his talent ran out before the cars and he smashed it into the main straight concrete wall.he was philosophical though,got out the car said"stuff it ill buy another one tomorrow". top guy.