Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 27 Aug 2008, 04:14 (Ref:2276029)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
French Plod

British plod to patrol Calais motorway?!

Quote:
Calais police lieutenant Patrick Vanderstraeten said: “Some British drivers treat French roads like a racetrack. They think as soon as they get abroad the law doesn’t apply to them.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1610670.ece

I know it's a crap source (sorry, it was emailed to me) but thought I'd post it here.

I wonder if they decided on this after a certain week in June?
Old 27 Aug 2008, 08:23 (Ref:2276085)   #2
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aint no British drivers i get of the ferry with then. They all seem to fanny about at thirty miles an hour with no idea what lane they should be in. I swear i have disspared so much in the past that i have eaten my own steering wheel waiting for someone to decide if he is going to Dunkerque or not, straddling the white line and driving at walking pace while his missus barks directions from the passenger seat.

And, while i'm at it, whats this sudden craze of driving onto ferrys with your hazzard lights on? Who started that?
Old 27 Aug 2008, 08:31 (Ref:2276089)   #3
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you've gotta love the comments at the bottom of the page
Old 27 Aug 2008, 08:37 (Ref:2276095)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin88
And, while i'm at it, whats this sudden craze of driving onto ferrys with your hazzard lights on? Who started that?
It's often on the boarding pass thingy you hang on your mirror that you must board the ferry with hazards on rather than headlights. Presumably so you don't blind the hell out of the guys in hi-vi vests who wave their arms around a lot as you drive on... think you're only supposed to do it when loading at night tho...
Old 27 Aug 2008, 18:36 (Ref:2276439)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not any more, they just say turn your headlights off sometimes on ferries and definitely on the tunnel. norfolkline certainly don't ask for hazards. the tunnel is more to do with setting off fire detectors.

regarding patrolling the french motorways - ok, but only if they change the motorways to our standards of speed limits. they drop the limit from 130kmh to 110kmh for no reason other than to get you at the speed camera situated 200m past the 110kmh sign.
Old 28 Aug 2008, 21:01 (Ref:2277102)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A very important job, they must be proud.
Old 28 Aug 2008, 22:47 (Ref:2277156)   #7
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well as for speed limits the writing is on the wall.
At the moment the max speed on motorways in Spain is 120kph and it looks like its going to drop to 80. This is all to do with energy saving including maximum and minimum temperatures in public buildings for winter and summer.
We're all doomed !!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !