Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Mar 2017, 20:44 (Ref:3720062)   #46
wnut
Veteran

wnut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwnut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwnut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwnut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
And half-Finnish.

No, he said he was definitely retired!
Old 19 Mar 2017, 21:36 (Ref:3720071)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Murray Walker is quoted in the funny papers as suggesting Mr Bottas will be the 2017 WDC...
Old 19 Mar 2017, 22:15 (Ref:3720077)   #48
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not impossible.
Old Yesterday, 17:28 (Ref:3721657)   #49
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, it was a strong and sort of steady "pick-up-some-points" performance from Bottas today. I don't think he really had the speed to match Lewis this weekend - even if he closed him down a bit towards the end, I think Lewis was still faster.
Old Yesterday, 18:19 (Ref:3721659)   #50
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Still, for his first outing in the Merc, he did pretty well, I thought. I'm not writing him off in the Merc battle.
Old Yesterday, 20:22 (Ref:3721681)   #51
calderra
Rookie

calderra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bottas 2017 is looking a lot like Rosberg 2016 to me.

Give the car wider margins than Lewis does, and with any luck Lewis will break something and put himself out of the way while Bottas cruises to some big, easy wins. Regardless, right now he's looking like an easy P3 in the championship because Kimi and Max are days behind.
Old Yesterday, 20:57 (Ref:3721691)   #52
pirenzo
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought Bottas was solid and undramatic in the car this weekend. So solid, and so lacking in drama in fact, that there was little to suggest that the difference in pace to Lewis was down to anything other than pure speed.

Lewis must be very hungry for the title after last year, and I think he naturally digs deep for a battle against an extra-team opponent. I highly doubt Bottas will be embarrassed by Hamilton, but I suspect he will be squarely beaten over the course of the season.
Old Today, 15:11 (Ref:3721886)   #53
RWill2073
Racer

RWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought bottas could have passed him late. He was closing fast for quite a while only to stall out at about 2 seconds behind Hamilton. Looked like he was playing the team role for now. Very encouraging start I think. Wish he would have made a run on Hamilton at the end, but he probably wasn't allowed just yet.
Old Today, 15:14 (Ref:3721887)   #54
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Or could it be he was hitting the minimum distance you can easily run behind another car? I think it's a bit early for team orders.
Old Today, 15:22 (Ref:3721888)   #55
RWill2073
Racer

RWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it makes sense for team orders the first few races to not cause strife with Hamilton right off the bat. Give a few races to gauge whether bottas has enough to compete. You think Hamilton would have been as positive post race if his teammate had passed him?
Old Today, 15:27 (Ref:3721890)   #56
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Or could it be he was hitting the minimum distance you can easily run behind another car? I think it's a bit early for team orders.
would agree with that...if LH's merc was having tire issue from following a car im inclined to think that VB would have experienced the same issues if and when he pulled up to his team mate.

the team orders part is a bit tricky though...yes they didnt employ team orders telling VB to specifically to back off but using the same tire strategy for both drivers always strikes me, to some extent, as a behind the scenes team order (not that i have a problem with team orders).

by virtue of going longer on his first stint on ultras i would have thought there could have been/should have been an opportunity to let VB try out the super softs for his second stint.
Old Today, 15:31 (Ref:3721893)   #57
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I think it makes sense for team orders the first few races to not cause strife with Hamilton right off the bat. Give a few races to gauge whether bottas has enough to compete. You think Hamilton would have been as positive post race if his teammate had passed him?
How can they gauge if Bottas can compete, if they also impose team orders to keep him behind?
Old Today, 17:11 (Ref:3721908)   #58
RWill2073
Racer

Quote:
How can they gauge if Bottas can compete, if they also impose team orders to keep him behind?
If they imposed team orders, they still have the data showing he was catching Lewis.
Old Today, 17:19 (Ref:3721910)   #59
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I'm afraid I don't buy it.
Old Today, 18:04 (Ref:3721925)   #60
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Valterri didn't finish too far behind Lewis, so that's not a bad start