Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Mar 2017, 10:27 (Ref:3719004)   #121
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm hoping Lowe can make a positive impact.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 14:42 (Ref:3719087)   #122
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I'm hoping Lowe can make a positive impact.
I can see him doing that. If the Williams are already looking good, imagine how much better they will go with him doing his magic
Old 16 Mar 2017, 19:16 (Ref:3719178)   #123
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can see him doing that. If the Williams are already looking good, imagine how much better they will go with him doing his magic
Lot of work to do!!!
Old 16 Mar 2017, 22:12 (Ref:3719217)   #124
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting piece here from Motorsport magazine regarding the implications and reasons behind Paddy Lowe's movement to Williams and James Allison leaving Ferrari for Mercedes. Also interesting to note how Allison regards Vettel and his previous history with Alonso.

Interesting implications all round.

Hamilton out, Vettel in?
Will Lowe turn Williams into something special?
Will Wolff and Allison gel, and how effective will they be as a team?

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/op...ging-old-guard

Last edited by wnut; 16 Mar 2017 at 22:19.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 22:13 (Ref:3719218)   #125
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Lot of work to do!!!
It is a chicken & egg challenge for Williams... they aren't the richest team out there, and the car performance sometimes reflects that, while they don't get the car performance so they don't get the commercial support...

When Williams was running active suspension in the early 1990s, they had every square inch of the car stickered with some brand or another.. and put the best car on the grid with some of the best drivers, and whammo success came along...

It's hard to understand an outlook of targeting 'best of the rest' when although this might have been the reality, it does not always need to remain so
Old 17 Mar 2017, 04:03 (Ref:3719275)   #126
F1Guy
Racer

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Williams will be quick at the beginning of this season, then fade away. And even with Lowe as CTO, Williams will not challenge for either world title in the next few years.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 14:39 (Ref:3719403)   #127
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Stroll will raise some eyebrows this year (in a good way).