Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 May 2016, 09:41 (Ref:3642812)   #16
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
...Ford is clearly sandbagging...
I'm sure no-one will be surprised if they find an improvement in form compared to earlier outings this season.

Their biggest advantage will be having 4 factory cars, that should allow them to run a variety of Hare and Tortoise strategies.

I think I might be looking forward to the GT battle more than the P1 race!
Old 19 May 2016, 12:36 (Ref:3642865)   #17
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There will be performance balancing adjustments after Test Day too, so they won't take the sandbags out (dataloggers or not) until Free Practice of race week starts.
Old 19 May 2016, 12:48 (Ref:3642868)   #18
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
There will be performance balancing adjustments after Test Day too, so they won't take the sandbags out (dataloggers or not) until Free Practice of race week starts.
Yeah, they can easily run slightly "wrong" setup on the car, making their cornerspeed just slightly lower, and then for race week they adjust it and car runs like normal, 1-2 seconds faster then test day. And then we will hear the classic "When analysing the logs from testday we found something". We've heard it before...
Old 19 May 2016, 13:35 (Ref:3642883)   #19
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In the immortal words of Mr Bridger, "Camp Freddie, Everybody in the world is bent."
Old 2 Jun 2016, 15:59 (Ref:3646592)   #20
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Test Day's temporary lottery numbers.

Ford GTE (PRO)

-20kg
+5L fuel

Aston Martin Vantage GTE (PRO)

-20kg
-0,4mm air restrictor
+5L fuel

Aston Martin Vantage GTE (AM)

+0,3mm air restrictor
+5L fuel
Gurney adjustments

Ferrari 488 GTE (PRO)
+10kg
+5L fuel

Ferrari 458 GTE (AM)

-10kg
+5L fuel

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R (PRO)

-0,2mm air restrictor
+5L fuel

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R (AM)

Gurney adjustments

Porsche 991 (PRO)

+5L fuel

Porsche 991 (AM)

+5L fuel
Old 3 Jun 2016, 07:24 (Ref:3646759)   #21
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
A non-engineer writes: Does a 'minus' on the air restrictor size mean a larger or smaller hole?
Old 3 Jun 2016, 07:46 (Ref:3646762)   #22
PascaLM
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
A non-engineer writes: Does a 'minus' on the air restrictor size mean a larger or smaller hole?
A minus means a smaller diameter on the single or the two restrictors.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 07:47 (Ref:3646763)   #23
PascaLM
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!
I have a question too :
Do all the cars have direct injection now ?
Old 3 Jun 2016, 07:55 (Ref:3646765)   #24
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
A non-engineer replies: A minus signifies a reduction in the diameter of the restrictor , thus making the hole smaller.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 07:58 (Ref:3646767)   #25
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re BoP: There's an old adage that says :" If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all". Besides bringing up this old adage, I'll say nothing at all on GTE and BoP.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 11:22 (Ref:3646804)   #26
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I have a question too :
Do all the cars have direct injection now ?
PaschalLM, Porsche still running the Mezger engine (last year) which is not direct injection.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 11:27 (Ref:3646806)   #27
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
14 factory cars in GTE, that is impressive. This can be really interesting, everyone will have to go flat out all the way to be i with a chace to win. Realisticly though I think we will see a battle between the 2 AF Ferrari 488s against the 4 Fords at the front, with everyone else struggling to keep up. The 488 has been too quick in WEC this year, and Ford is clearly sandbagging. And its in the interest of ACO and FIA to see those two battle it out. I wouldnt be surpriset if those two cars are 1 second clear of everyone else both in qualifying and racepace.
I fear you may be correct about Ford and Ferrari. But don't count out Corvette. My beloved Porsche, I fear will be a back marker.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 12:39 (Ref:3646841)   #28
Chiana
Veteran

Everyone else getting 5 liter fuel break except AM Corvette is most bizarre out of those. But it'll probably get changed by next week
Old 3 Jun 2016, 16:19 (Ref:3646912)   #29
Chiana
Veteran

Additions to the previous:

All PRO cars
Fuel flow restrictors to be rebopped (after Test Day)

Porsche 911 (AM)
+1,7mm fuel flow restrictor

Aston Martin Vantage GTE (AM)
Size of the gurney decreased by 15mm

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R (AM)

Size of the gurney decreased by 25mm
Old 3 Jun 2016, 18:58 (Ref:3646941)   #30
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Perhaps we can keep this within a single discussion. This category will be the one I will be most interested. Perhaps the best GT field at Le Mans since 1998. Who do you think will win? Who will you cheer for?

I will cheer for any of the IMSA or U.S. based teams which I consider to be the P&M Corvettes, 2 factory Porsches, Risi Ferrari, Scuderia Corse Ferrari and the 4 Fords. Certainly a big "No" to AF Corse and Aston Martin.
I was told that the 2 factory Porsches are different chassis from the IMSA cars and other than similar drivers, there is very little carryover from the IMSA program there. If your goal is to root for American cars/entries, the factory Porsches aren't it.