Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: Which car do they choose for the WEC race???
BMW M6 15 37.50%
BMW Z5 13 32.50%
New Coupe based on 7 series platform 6 15.00%
i8 (without hybrid) 3 7.50%
Others (Please stated the car) 3 7.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Oct 2016, 15:37 (Ref:3676284)   #16
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
John Hindhaugh in PLM commentary more or less confirmed that it will be a new car based on 7 Series platform, as far as he knows. Z5 will be convertible only.
Old 1 Oct 2016, 20:12 (Ref:3676457)   #17
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkioAsakura95 View Post
C'mon . BMW 8 series is launching for the future that the New Coupe is based on 7 series platform. So BMW 6 Series will be sports car.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/957...clusive-images
That's not definitive. Auto Express is only one outlet talking about that test car. Others are saying that it's basically the mule for the new 6 series.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 19:29 (Ref:3676816)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbroadrun96 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbroadrun96 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbroadrun96 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
2-Series for me, or the Z5 I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
John Hindhaugh in PLM commentary more or less confirmed that it will be a new car based on 7 Series platform, as far as he knows. Z5 will be convertible only.

Exactly as Mike E said, Toyota apparently has the exclusive use of the platform as a coupe so a Z5 GTE car would be unlikely. It sounds like the return of the 8 series is more what BMW has in mind. I'm thinking a similar thing to the NSX as a hybrid streetcar with them playing the rules to make a GTE engine out of it. Course at the same time Hindy also made it sound like they were working on an LMP1 car if I'm remembering correctly through the sun and beer induced fog
Old 2 Oct 2016, 20:06 (Ref:3676828)   #19
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
M8

L.P.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 22:59 (Ref:3676869)   #20
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Exactly as Mike E said, Toyota apparently has the exclusive use of the platform as a coupe so a Z5 GTE car would be unlikely. It sounds like the return of the 8 series is more what BMW has in mind. I'm thinking a similar thing to the NSX as a hybrid streetcar with them playing the rules to make a GTE engine out of it. Course at the same time Hindy also made it sound like they were working on an LMP1 car if I'm remembering correctly through the sun and beer induced fog
I haven't seen that information before. Where did you read that? I have read the two cars will be like the BRZ/GT86 except different types of styling and engine. I don't know why BMW would only want a convertible when they're testing the fixed roof version and soft top concurrently. But I don't know for certain so I wonder if that's true.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 00:40 (Ref:3676887)   #21
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbroadrun96 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbroadrun96 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbroadrun96 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I haven't seen that information before. Where did you read that? I have read the two cars will be like the BRZ/GT86 except different types of styling and engine. I don't know why BMW would only want a convertible when they're testing the fixed roof version and soft top concurrently. But I don't know for certain so I wonder if that's true.
Something Hindy had said when they were talking about BMW going to WEC and LM with a full spec homologated car. I haven't seen much in the main 'print' but haven't been looking for any details myself.

I would assume BMW want the soft top to replace the Z4 and are making it a softer boulevarder than a sportscar, and thus are dropping the coupe from the range as it apparently sold terribly. And that's for a car that apparently sold terribly in general.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 08:36 (Ref:3676944)   #22
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Course at the same time Hindy also made it sound like they were working on an LMP1 car if I'm remembering correctly through the sun and beer induced fog
He did also say that... And mentioned a mountain of money set aside for it.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 09:30 (Ref:3676956)   #23
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 has a real shot at the podium!Acid09 has a real shot at the podium!Acid09 has a real shot at the podium!Acid09 has a real shot at the podium!Acid09 has a real shot at the podium!
It's fairly obvious that LMP1 is on BMWs mind and as we say in German, "Aufgeschoben ist nicht aufgehoben", which roughly translates to "Just because you postpone something does not mean it's not going to happen"

I think the GTE effort is a trial for BMW in many ways, if they feel they´re getting their money's worth for being part of the WEC then they'll join LMP1 as soon as the rules fit the technology they want to bring.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 12:29 (Ref:3676988)   #24
AkioAsakura95
Veteran

AkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
It's fairly obvious that LMP1 is on BMWs mind and as we say in German, "Aufgeschoben ist nicht aufgehoben", which roughly translates to "Just because you postpone something does not mean it's not going to happen"

I think the GTE effort is a trial for BMW in many ways, if they feel they´re getting their money's worth for being part of the WEC then they'll join LMP1 as soon as the rules fit the technology they want to bring.
@Acid09
Well said!!!! When I look the article regarding the BMW LMP1 participation , The title is "BMW Rules out LMP1 Program" . When I read this article , I think this planning and this things is not gonna to happen at all, but this one is just the postpone instead of aborting the plan.

And BMW participate WEC in LMGTE-Pro category is the trial for BMW participate for WEC race because they didn't race WEC for a long time.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/08/03/bm...-lmp1-program/
Old 4 Oct 2016, 04:47 (Ref:3677135)   #25
TF110
Veteran

United States
I think BMW will do lmp1 if hydrogen is allowed. I'd like to think Toyota would want to as well with their Mirai road car being the hydrogen fc car right now.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 05:39 (Ref:3677147)   #26
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be the return of the glorious M1 supercar to do battle against the Ford GT and rear engine Corvette/Caddillic obviously.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 06:17 (Ref:3677151)   #27
Mike E
Veteran

BMW are reshuffling their IMSA drivers ahead of 2018.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/bm...river-shakeup/
Old 4 Oct 2016, 06:54 (Ref:3677156)   #28
AkioAsakura95
Veteran

AkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
It will be the return of the glorious M1 supercar to do battle against the Ford GT and rear engine Corvette/Caddillic obviously.
@Rcz

I hoped this thing will happen till 2018 for M1 supercar !!!!
Old 4 Oct 2016, 16:22 (Ref:3677264)   #29
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't believe in the LMP1... not unless they lobby in the electric ruleset anyway, by the next decade
Old 5 Oct 2016, 00:01 (Ref:3677371)   #30
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkioAsakura95 View Post
@Rcz

I hoped this thing will happen till 2018 for M1 supercar !!!!
Would be exciting for sure. The return of an M1 supercar and a big effort at Le Mans would mirror the Ford GT program. Textbook carbon-copy of the Ford programme and it would be a great thing for BMW.

the i8 is practically an M1 successor in my eyes.