Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Feb 2017, 11:54 (Ref:3709007)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The way they are treating Ron is unforgivable
Old 3 Feb 2017, 13:11 (Ref:3709035)   #17
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they went back to 'M' I could understand but 'MCL' is just not McLaren. I dont see how the name change is going to do anything but give those in charge bigger ego's.
Old 3 Feb 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3709039)   #18
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!
They dropped MP4 from the road car a few years ago. It sort of makes sense, but it's also a bit of tradition that has disappeared for likely no strong reason. Maybe they should have waited at least a season after Ron's exit. It seems a bit soon.

Richard
Old 3 Feb 2017, 14:38 (Ref:3709058)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
dropped the Project 4 name but not the numbering???

some people responding to that tweet are wondering if the electric blue colour choice in said tweet is an indication of a livery change...actually would really like to see that.
Old 3 Feb 2017, 15:06 (Ref:3709067)   #20
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
dropped the Project 4 name but not the numbering???

some people responding to that tweet are wondering if the electric blue colour choice in said tweet is an indication of a livery change...actually would really like to see that.
I would like to see a change in livery. They are saying the drop of MP4 is a break from the past, so it would be a bit hypocritical to not do something different with the livery as well.

If you look at earlier tweets, McLaren is using that neon motif plus other 2017 car related tweets that use orange instead of blue. Maybe we shouldn't read too much into it unless... it will be blue AND orange! So I might as well toss out a guess. I say predominantly orange with blue accents, or a nod toward classic Honda colors. Doesn't Honda have a history of using Red, White and Blue (not so much F1, but in their logo, product paint schemes, etc.)?

Richard
Old 3 Feb 2017, 15:20 (Ref:3709073)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
i like reading too much into things so blue and orange it is!

red and white for sure...last blue Honda car in F1 was that earth dreams monstrosity...so on second though maybe blue isnt a good colour for them!

also MCL stands for medial collateral ligament, a body part that is fairly susceptible to sports injuries.

Last edited by chillibowl; 3 Feb 2017 at 15:27.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 01:19 (Ref:3709221)   #22
F1Guy
Racer

Antarctica
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leaked details on the new MCL32 can be found HERE.

Loving this change from McLaren. And the Features list is impressive! In particular, number 7. Very handy feature.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 08:53 (Ref:3709316)   #23
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or could it be this

http://www.motat.org.nz/collection/c...p-mclaren-967/
Old 6 Feb 2017, 15:58 (Ref:3710513)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Renault RS.17: Feb 21 location TBD
Force India VJM09: Feb 22 at Silverstone
Sauber C36: Feb 22 at Barcelona
Mercedes W08: Feb 23 at Silverstone
Ferrari (?): Feb 24 at Fiorano
Mclaren (?): Feb 24 location TBD
Toro Rosso STR12: Feb 26 at Barcelona

only RB, Williams, and Haas left to announce.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 04:29 (Ref:3711341)   #25
F1Guy
Racer

Antarctica
Not a car, but the 2017 Mexico GP launch, got a little political.

Not overly pleased about F1 getting into the US vs Mexico drama. Politics should be left out of the sport IMO.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 11:33 (Ref:3711389)   #26
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...is anyone else getting a little tired on every driver proclaiming just how much extra physical training has been required to drive these 2017 cars? I mean, they're going to be on a par with 2004-5 levels of performance, I presume? I don't recall drivers from back then making out as if the physical challenge is as extreme as the marketing departments of the teams are trying to have people believe.

Just moaning I guess, but every interview is the same angle.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 12:07 (Ref:3711394)   #27
F1Guy
Racer

Antarctica
I'm guessing it has more to do with body weight of the current drivers. They're being asked to get to weights less than of a catwalk model!
Old 10 Feb 2017, 13:13 (Ref:3711401)   #28
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
I'm guessing it has more to do with body weight of the current drivers. They're being asked to get to weights less than of a catwalk model!
It's a bit of a dead horse and off topic, but it's funny (sad?) how they will easily increase the minimum weight of the car to deal with larger (heavier) tires, but will not address the topic of drivers starving themselves over the course of the season to make weight.

Maybe this needs a social media campaign with an appropriate hashtag.... #driverlovehandles or #f1lovehandles

Back on topic... McLaren continues to tease the potential for a return to an orange car. At this point if they don't (or only run orange during testing) they are just setting us up for disappointment.

Richard
Old 10 Feb 2017, 14:35 (Ref:3711408)   #29
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridascarracinguk should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Not a car, but the 2017 Mexico GP launch, got a little political.

Not overly pleased about F1 getting into the US vs Mexico drama. Politics should be left out of the sport IMO.
why? everyone should have a political view and be given the right to express it. politics has always been part of sport, and sport can broadcast a positive message to millions that wouldn't usually be interested.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 14:57 (Ref:3711410)   #30
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
true, sport and politics have always been a part of each other but that doesnt mean we have to like it.

allowing political messages, however positive and right, allows for the possibility of negative messages to also be included and F1 has seen its fair share of those.

and if politics is allowed in why not messages of a religious nature too?

plus there is the issue if the Mexican GP's political message will have an adverse effect on the Austin GP held one week earlier.

i was pretty vocal in my distaste when BE let Putin into the drivers pre podium room a few years back (and the Turkish GP podium incident many more years back)...its only fair that i continue to express my distaste about mixing sport and politics even when it supports a message i agree with.

anyways, this is being talked about in the parc ferme trump thread.

Last edited by chillibowl; 10 Feb 2017 at 15:03.