Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Feb 2017, 21:00 (Ref:3714095)   #91
MGDavid
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Quick add- I don't share comments regarding David Croft or Murray- they were both obviously reading from a script. Yes, Murray sounded his age, but still great to hear his voice again! JYS as articulate as ever, Sir Stirling just being himself as always. Jochen Mass excellent value!
Thanks Mike, that's exactly my point; surely as highly experienced professionals they should *not* have sounded like they were reading from a script....
Old 22 Feb 2017, 21:13 (Ref:3714097)   #92
dwh43scale
Racer

United Kingdom
In exile from Derbyshire in t'South
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, of course, the highlight was meeting bauble !

Curate's egg as has been said elsewhere. Interesting archive footage, the paint scraping "story" (which we know isn't right), Alfa DTM cars, Group C, interviews with Mass, Stuck and Danner which made a change from the usual JYS and Moss on these things. Seemed a little disjointed from time to time, but overall worth going to watch.

Brought back good memories of our first visit to the Ring last year for VLN (when it was hot and sunny all day !)
Old 23 Feb 2017, 06:29 (Ref:3714168)   #93
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
1. Not enough sports car footage
2. Bearing in mind that the majority of those who spoke in German and were voiced over speak very good English, I would have preferred to have them speaking in English. Guys like Mass, Lauda and especially Stuck are always good value....
3. Nowhere near enough in car footage. I fully expected in a film of this length to get a full in-car lap at serious pace from someone....
4. Occasionally the music was intrusive - especially when I was loving hearing the turbo flutter of the 956.....

But, as I say, I enjoyed it. I may not buy the DVD, but I'm pleased I went to see it.
Agree with those points. A full in car lap in something quick would have been good and totally appropriate!

I'm pleased that I took the time to watch it on a big screen with decent sound.

And dwh43's comment 'a little disjointed from time to time' is IMHO pretty much spot on as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Thanks Mike, that's exactly my point; surely as highly experienced professionals they should *not* have sounded like they were reading from a script....
Ah, got you!