Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Jan 2015, 12:50 (Ref:3498677)   #826
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
+Dome

Pegasus is not one of the teams you would think of considering "Asia expansion". In any case, why have they purchases two chassis (if they indeed have) if one can do those separate programs as well.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 12:53 (Ref:3498681)   #827
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
So we have four new lmp2 coupes in the Fia Wec? 2 ligiers, 2 Br-1s, 2 honda coupes, and an Oreca coupe?
3 Ligiers if G-Drive enters 2. 3rd one is coming from Oak for their all Gentleman entry.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 13:02 (Ref:3498686)   #828
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would've thought if Oak would put out an entry for pay drivers, it'd just be the old open top.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 13:10 (Ref:3498690)   #829
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Pegasus is not one of the teams you would think of considering "Asia expansion". In any case, why have they purchases two chassis (if they indeed have)
Indeed they do have 2 Morgans - see pic
http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/AtoZ.asp#pegasus

Mariantic
Old 29 Jan 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3498696)   #830
Deleted
Veteran

Maybe they are hoping for two LM invites then as for projected progam like that one car would surely be enough. But even getting one entry needs good luck, ACO has always thrown them to reserves.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 16:05 (Ref:3498755)   #831
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I would've thought if Oak would put out an entry for pay drivers, it'd just be the old open top.
Nope, will be the Ligier. Jacques Nicolet driving it himself.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/1...es-closer.html
Old 29 Jan 2015, 16:09 (Ref:3498757)   #832
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
RSR hoping to contest (some of) the Euro rounds this year (+ possible selected ELMS rounds as well) with an open-top Oreca-Nissan:

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/r...-lmp2-program/

Sounds like Gentilozzi is going to lease one car out of the former Pecom/SMP/AF Corse package from the last couple of years.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 16:12 (Ref:3498759)   #833
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
“Europe is certainly fun,” Gentilozzi told Sportscar365. “We have some gaps in our schedule. We’ve got an opportunity to lease a WEC program that was very competitive and is now inactive."
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/r...-lmp2-program/

We know the car will be a Oreca 03R. But which team is he referring to? Only ones I can think of is the AF Corse run PeCom entry in 2012 and 2013 and perhaps the Oreca 03R from KCMG? KCMG announed a possibility to run select rounds with that car.

Doubt it's SMP, since they'll be focused on their new LMP2. And ADR-Delta sold both their cars to Ibanez.

Probably KCMG then...
Old 29 Jan 2015, 16:29 (Ref:3498765)   #834
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Nope, will be the Ligier. Jacques Nicolet driving it himself.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/1...es-closer.html
Surprising.

But in any case you can never have too much black+pink
Old 31 Jan 2015, 12:08 (Ref:3499421)   #835
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Team SARD-Morand confirmed. 2 cars, both Morgan EVO with Judd engine badged as SARD.
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/t...ar-lmp2-entry/

The "Race to 24" show should be interesting. Can't find any more info about it at the moment.

Actually very happy that the engines won't be labeled as Toyota.
Old 31 Jan 2015, 13:41 (Ref:3499452)   #836
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice to see Oli Webb getting a full season in the WEC.
Old 31 Jan 2015, 14:17 (Ref:3499456)   #837
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Signatech moves up to WEC with Nelson Panciatici, Paul-Loup Chatin and maybe Vincent Capillaire.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/s...ec-lmp2-entry/
Old 31 Jan 2015, 14:18 (Ref:3499457)   #838
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alpine announcement drawing closer too.

Exciting times for the WEC as it bolsters its weakest class.
Old 31 Jan 2015, 14:50 (Ref:3499467)   #839
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Alpine announcement drawing closer too.

Exciting times for the WEC as it bolsters its weakest class.
Exciting times indeed.

I suspect quite a few entrants looked at the likely squeeze on non-WEC entrants for the big one in June and are trying to lock things in by going down the WEC route - which is to be applauded.
Old 31 Jan 2015, 14:53 (Ref:3499468)   #840
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Now if they only could recombine the GT-classes...
Old 31 Jan 2015, 14:54 (Ref:3499469)   #841
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With all these confirmed entries cropping up, looks like we are going to be over the 32 car cap. But who is going to loose out?

Here is my list of entries, those team who i think have put forward entries for a 2015 full season:
LMP1Audi Sport Team Joest
LMP1Audi Sport Team Joest
LMP1Nissan
LMP1Nissan
LMP1Porsche Team
LMP1Porsche Team
LMP1Rebellion Racing
LMP1Toyota Racing
LMP1Toyota Racing
LMP1Rebellion Racing
LMP1Lotus

LMP2Extreme Speed Motorsports
LMP2Extreme Speed Motorsports
LMP2G-Drive
LMP2G-Drive
LMP2KCMG
LMP2SMP Racing
LMP2SMP Racing
LMP2Strakka/Dome Racing
LMP2Morand-SARD
LMP2Morand-SARD
LMP2Alpine

GTE ProAF Corse
GTE ProAF Corse
GTE ProAston Martin Racing
GTE ProAston Martin Racing/Young Driver
GTE ProPorsche Team Manthey
GTE ProPorsche Team Manthey

GTE AmAF Corse
GTE AmAF Corse
GTE AmAston Martin Racing
GTE AmAston Martin Racing/Gulf
GTE AmDempsey/Proton
GTE AmSMP Racing

I make that 34, at least two entries are going to miss out, but who?
Old 31 Jan 2015, 15:03 (Ref:3499472)   #842
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
prospeed seems to be missing or did i miss some announcement?
Last i saw was they were considering pro entry and maybe am entry too.
Old 31 Jan 2015, 15:23 (Ref:3499477)   #843
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankfile View Post
prospeed seems to be missing or did i miss some announcement?
Last i saw was they were considering pro entry and maybe am entry too.
Im making an educated guess that Prospeed wont be in the WEC next year. Their entry was based around Perrodo i believe, i think that also went for the GTE-Pro entry. With Perrodo moving with Collard to AF Corse, i think that means Prospeed are without drivers willing for an entry.

This is just my musings, i could be wrong.
Old 31 Jan 2015, 16:20 (Ref:3499484)   #844
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Larbre in GTE-Am, Oak's gentleman entry in LMP2 and maybe Greaves are missing as well. Won't surprise me if the 2nd entries from G-Drive and SARD will be declined as well as the gentleman entry.
Old 31 Jan 2015, 20:24 (Ref:3499521)   #845
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 coupes in lmp2, awesome! from 5 constructors
Old 31 Jan 2015, 20:37 (Ref:3499525)   #846
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
10 or 11 lmp1's, 10 or 11 lmp2's, 6 gte pro's, 6 or 7 gte am's. I dont think they will all be at every race tbh. But thats a lot of entries.
Old 1 Feb 2015, 07:21 (Ref:3499656)   #847
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there might be another oreca 05 in the wec - HdC said they sold 4 cars - 2 already announced that leaves 2. Maybe one or both will end up racing in the wec.
Old 1 Feb 2015, 15:28 (Ref:3499741)   #848
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Now if they only could recombine the GT-classes...
No everybody must be able to get a trophy, this was the Kindergarten Ski Olympics competition after all?
Old 1 Feb 2015, 17:06 (Ref:3499764)   #849
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I can understand having a separate competition for pro-am drivers and teams in GT, but why not model more like the LMP2 class where the GTE-Am teams have different equipment than the GTE-Pro teams?

Wasn't that the original intent behind the GTE-Am teams using year or so older equipment than the GTE-Pro teams? Well, the ACO shot themselves in the foot on that one though a rules loophole that rendered the GTE-Am older spec car rule rather meaningless (I.E., if you're gonna have a rule, enforce it rather than have loopholes and technicalities that all but make the rule null and void in all but name). It could be argued that the road to hell was paved with good intentions there, but I digress...

Considering that, I can see the redundancy behind the GTE-Pro and GTE-Am. At least IMSA has GTLM aimed at factory teams and professional privateer outfits, and GTD aimed at gentleman drivers and rookies. But since the ACO and FIA don't want to touch the GT3 stuff yet and carmakers and teams like Porsche, AMR, and Ferrari having cars and parts that they wanna sell, what would you expect the ACO and FIA to do?

We can argue that point forever, but until the ACO and FIA support a pro-am GT class in the spirit of the current LMP2 class for prototypes, this is what we've got.
Old 1 Feb 2015, 17:20 (Ref:3499765)   #850
Deleted
Veteran

The LMP2 format is perfectly fine. The only thing I would immediately change is the lame pro-am driver requirement, which again connects to the trendy "everybody must win" ideology, but otherwise there are no real issues. When your class B has machinery built to entirely different standards than class A, you are entitled to your own class. Simple as that. As I always say, more classes the better - but only if they are real classes.

GTE-PRO and GTE-AM would be okay I guess in some national series or whatever, but the setout just looks so unprofessional in world championship for sportscars (/Le Mans). In this environment free gifts to everyone participating is just a joke and has always been. The old GT2 would laugh at this, particularly when the car count isn't even higher than it used to be!

If really have to have some kind of award for being the best of the rest, give special "FIA Gentlemen Trophy" at the end of the year for best finished pro-am team in total GT points. But leave all the other garbage out of it, it's not like with all the BoP and shenanigans there's shortage of problems in the category.

They had the intelligence to get rid of the unecessary LMP1-L at least which was good, even if they'll still get recognized (in some form).

Last edited by Deleted; 1 Feb 2015 at 17:26.