Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Oct 2017, 12:46 (Ref:3774009)   #376
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Interesting to read that Sutton will be back in a Subauru, but it doesn't say that BMR are running the car.
This also came to my mind that there's no sign of BMR running the Subaru team however I don't think that we should expect a change here.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 14:57 (Ref:3774026)   #377
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
This also came to my mind that there's no sign of BMR running the Subaru team however I don't think that we should expect a change here.
I think you are both reading too much into what isn't said. Look back through previous blogs; they rarely mention that BMR are running the cars this year, and when they do it's little more than a passing reference.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 15:03 (Ref:3774029)   #378
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I think you are both reading too much into what isn't said. Look back through previous blogs; they rarely mention that BMR are running the cars this year, and when they do it's little more than a passing reference.
I think the blog post can not be taken as an indicator that BMR will, or will not, be running Subarus next season. As title sponsor, Adrian Flux are only interested in promoting their own brand, and realise that their tie to BTCC is with Subaru. The team that runs the cars is irrelevant to their marketing, so little mention of BMR is made in the blog. The positive is that they have committed to backing a car and driver in 2018.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 19:11 (Ref:3774068)   #379
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So you think Huff helped the Vauxhalls get up there at Brands because his presence at Silverstone helped development? Just curious
Rob Huff did mention after the races on ITV at Silverstone that he had taken the team in a different direction which had proved really successful. Don't know the detail though.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 08:35 (Ref:3774617)   #380
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC team managers meeting today. Fun times.

Seriously though, this meeting is crucial. Wouldn't want to be Alan right now.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 08:45 (Ref:3774621)   #381
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
BTCC team managers meeting today. Fun times.

Seriously though, this meeting is crucial. Wouldn't want to be Alan right now.
Should make 50 tickets available to the public, starting at £250 each. I think I'd pay double that to be a fly on the wall when that kicks off!
Old 17 Oct 2017, 08:55 (Ref:3774624)   #382
BobJones
Veteran

Mr Gow? http://www.supercars.com/news/champi...ave-supercars/
Old 17 Oct 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3774626)   #383
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Should make 50 tickets available to the public, starting at £250 each. I think I'd pay double that to be a fly on the wall when that kicks off!
What do you think it will kick off about? Boost? Driving standards? TCR?

I mean I don't think, as purely an outsider, that the BTCC is doing that much wrong currently? Certainly this past season didn't seem a bad one. Bar the few nasty shunts, the worst of which wasn't anyones fault directly.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 10:11 (Ref:3774639)   #384
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250 View Post
What do you think it will kick off about? Boost? Driving standards? TCR?

I mean I don't think, as purely an outsider, that the BTCC is doing that much wrong currently? Certainly this past season didn't seem a bad one. Bar the few nasty shunts, the worst of which wasn't anyones fault directly.
If you were asking me to play word bingo, I'd go with driving standards, boost and boxer engines.

The season might've been decent, but that ignores the politics that are always on the go behind the scenes.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3774647)   #385
snowen250
Veteran

I think i'd agree with those points! not sure what they can do with the Boxer engines though now. The stable door has been left open sort of thing...
Old 17 Oct 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3774648)   #386
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think i'd agree with those points! not sure what they can do with the Boxer engines though now. The stable door has been left open sort of thing...
They can always make that engine type ineligible for the championship.
I wouldn't be surprised to see that happening actually :-

BMR have complained that they don't get enough boost for their engine type.
Other teams complain that their engine type has an unfair CoG advantage.

Both sets of complaints would be removed if they made all teams run engines with vertical piston travel.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 12:29 (Ref:3774653)   #387
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hope it's sorted it out. I enjoyed 2017, it was the most competitive season since the super touring days. 13 different winners, further four on the podium and 34 of the 37 drivers scored
Old 17 Oct 2017, 13:36 (Ref:3774664)   #388
BobJones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I hope it's sorted it out. I enjoyed 2017, it was the most competitive season since the super touring days. 13 different winners, further four on the podium and 34 of the 37 drivers scored
Well said.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3774733)   #389
ExplodeTheApex
Racer

United Kingdom
ExplodeTheApex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Facebook post about an hour ago from Motorbase:
All a bit quiet isn't it? Well.....not for long! #newsincoming #watchthisspace ��������️

Maybe a manufacturer? Perhaps a TCR program? Or even just confirming MJ.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 21:36 (Ref:3774745)   #390
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe some welcome news about Lukes continuing recovery and future plans?

Hope so 😀
Old 18 Oct 2017, 00:16 (Ref:3774764)   #391
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's going to be a retirement. ;-)
Old 18 Oct 2017, 07:22 (Ref:3774800)   #392
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Maybe some welcome news about Lukes continuing recovery and future plans?

Hope so 😀
Luke had posted an update about his condition recently - he's up and about but had failed the MSA medical, so he's improving but still some way to go.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 07:38 (Ref:3774803)   #393
snowen250
Veteran

Motorbase to TCR! (but staying in BTCC too....)
Old 18 Oct 2017, 07:54 (Ref:3774804)   #394
BobJones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
There's going to be a retirement. ;-)
Will be weird. Hopefully, the successor can successfully steer the ship.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 08:19 (Ref:3774813)   #395
snowen250
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Will be weird. Hopefully, the successor can successfully steer the ship.
Any clues?
Old 18 Oct 2017, 08:53 (Ref:3774817)   #396
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boggles the mind the about of people who supposedly follow motorsport on social media who know nothing about. After the Motorbase TCR announcement I've seen posts from people who think they've lost the shredded wheat sponsorship/withdrawn from BTCC/are now a VW works team in the BTCC etc etc.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 11:29 (Ref:3774827)   #397
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Boggles the mind the about of people who supposedly follow motorsport on social media who know nothing about. After the Motorbase TCR announcement I've seen posts from people who think they've lost the shredded wheat sponsorship/withdrawn from BTCC/are now a VW works team in the BTCC etc etc.
What seems strange is that at the end of 2016, they decided to withdraw from other forms of motorsport to concentrate on BTCC alone.

The rollercoaster at Motorbase seems to be continuing, as they fluctuate between reducing and increasing their entries.

Perhaps it is the comments from Dave Bartrum only a year ago that said they should concentrate on one championship alone that have led to this conclusion?
Old 18 Oct 2017, 11:30 (Ref:3774828)   #398
BobJones
Veteran

Quote:
Any clues?
Alan Gow at a punt.

Either a retirement or a temporary retirement before running VASC in Australia.

Last edited by BobJones; 18 Oct 2017 at 11:57.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 12:10 (Ref:3774831)   #399
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think could see someone from the top, but it’s interesting times ahead
Old 18 Oct 2017, 12:18 (Ref:3774839)   #400
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Exactly. I despair.