Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 14 Jun 2012, 16:38 (Ref:3090908)   #46
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!
I think we're going to have to wait a LONG time for the echoes of Las Vegas 2011 to fade enough to even consider a return to the oval.

I do rather wish that the street circuit there had been longer lived, as that 2007 layout was quite good, even with that pesky little curb chicane.

Hopefully, Pocono can get a berth for next year. Another good oval, and I'm just not big on visiting the same track twice in a season in a lot of cases.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 17:50 (Ref:3090946)   #47
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
How about racing at Las Vegas on November 11? It's one week before the US Grand Prix, and it's a F1-free weekend. IndyCar can call drivers to visit - or race! (if it's the Strip)
I hope it's not the *ahem* Las Vegas Speedway... A street race would be nice!
Old 14 Jun 2012, 18:29 (Ref:3090983)   #48
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!
Leaving aside the politics, Las Vegas oval isn't a bad idea. Chance to wreak vengeance on the demons with a sensible number of cars and the aero philosophy we saw at Texas.

The politics and lingering ill-will will nip this in the bud of course.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3090985)   #49
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Leaving aside the politics, Las Vegas oval isn't a bad idea. Chance to wreak vengeance on the demons with a sensible number of cars and the aero philosophy we saw at Texas.

The politics and lingering ill-will will nip this in the bud of course.
It'll never happen...no way they will rip the scab off of that wound just one year later.

The drivers had trepidation about Texas in the wake of the Vegas tragedy, so they will never agree to go back..at least not this soon.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 14 Jun 2012, 18:53 (Ref:3090991)   #50
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
It'll never happen...no way they will rip the scab off of that wound just one year later.

The drivers had trepidation about Texas in the wake of the Vegas tragedy, so they will never agree to go back..at least not this soon.
Well CART went back to Fontana, Toronto..etc.IRL, Homestead (Dana). I thought it was acrimony with Vegas management over clean-up among other issues where Randy was lucky not to get battered with a couple of lawsuits.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3090992)   #51
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!
Vegas is also going to be a tougher nut to crack than Texas anyway. The corner transitions are much less severe than those at Texas. The racing surface is significantly wider. The tri-oval is one big curve, rather than two dog-legs, and then there's the progressive banking as well.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3090995)   #52
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I personally think Eddie will allow them back to Texas this autumn.

Road America has a pretty packed weekend, so IndyCar wouldn't be able to run a full-blown race.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 14 Jun 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3091082)   #53
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given how the A1-GP Beijing street circuit and the DTM street circuit turned out and were attended, IndyCar seems lucky to get this event off its calendar or they would have risked another troublesome weekend of Belle Isle dimensions.

However, finding a promoter for a replacement event on such short notice is quite the task.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 23:11 (Ref:3091134)   #54
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
However, finding a promoter for a replacement event on such short notice is quite the task.
That will not be happening. It will be a facility rental with the irl promoting and running the event at their own cost.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 18:18 (Ref:3091564)   #55
Livery
Rookie

Canada
Vancouver Canada
Livery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring it too the streets of Vancouver!!!...won't happen.
I would like to see it at Portland or Laguna Seca...not sure I would watch it...just saying.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 18:25 (Ref:3091567)   #56
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
With all that's been lost with this still-born idea, wherever they'll go it'll be cheap, in the states and not glamorous. That's if they manage to come up with a replacement race at all.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 18:28 (Ref:3091573)   #57
HaydenFan
Racer

HaydenFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
With all that's been lost with this still-born idea, wherever they'll go it'll be cheap, in the states and not glamorous. That's if they manage to come up with a replacement race at all.
It'll probably be an oval just due to that. It's quick, and ovals require little real planning and logistics to hold.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3091576)   #58
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That's if they manage to come up with a replacement race at all.
They have a contract w/Izod and TV for 16 races. It's a must. BTW, there sure were a lot of Izod commercials on the espn coverage of the U.S. Open. I think golf has replaced racing for them. I wouldn't be surprised to see them gone after this year as has been reported.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 20:34 (Ref:3091606)   #59
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
06/15/12 Texas declines to host IndyCar's 16th race Statement from Randy Bernard, CEO, INDYCAR, regarding Texas Motor Speedway announcement that the track has declined opportunity to host an additional IZOD IndyCar Series race this season: "We appreciate Texas Motor Speedway exploring the opportunity with us. We continue to speak with various tracks to find the right venue for our potential 16th race."
Old 16 Jun 2012, 22:37 (Ref:3092680)   #60
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Cavin
Road America has an American Le Mans Series race on Aug. 18 and a Corvette program on Aug. 19. There is some thought that General Motors, which owns the Corvette and Chevrolet brands, could help bring the two events together.
How about that?