Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Mar 2018, 14:32 (Ref:3811750)   #176
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
...Did anything actually happen or is this yet another Saward article that is essentially "I'm an F1 journalist and you're not - you ****ing peasant"?
Old 29 Mar 2018, 14:54 (Ref:3811759)   #177
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I find it somewhat laughable to assume that anyone has won a race before the chequered flag is waved. Perhaps "I MIGHT have won." would not be too arrogant?
Old 29 Mar 2018, 15:38 (Ref:3811767)   #178
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe1KjTpTIUc

For those who've never known what F1 can be and for those who may have forgotten.

I'm sure the next GP will be exciting....honestly.........we deserve one.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 16:17 (Ref:3811770)   #179
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe1KjTpTIUc

For those who've never known what F1 can be and for those who may have forgotten.

I'm sure the next GP will be exciting....honestly.........we deserve one.
I've watched a number races in the current era, which have suddenly come alive within the last 5 laps or so.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3811797)   #180
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Let me guess - there's no actual details beyond that about the supposed incident? Did anything actually happen or is this yet another Saward article that is essentially "I'm an F1 journalist and you're not - you ****ing peasant"?
An article that wouldn’t be out of place on sniffpetrol.

This is why I consider the word blog to be a derogatory term.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 19:13 (Ref:3811798)   #181
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't remember any where the eventual winner started the last lap in fourth position and had to pass 3 cars for victory.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 20:04 (Ref:3811809)   #182
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
I can't remember any where the eventual winner started the last lap in fourth position and had to pass 3 cars for victory.
It may well have happened in the '80's (?) when the fuel was limited, and many a car ran out of petrol in the closing laps. A very silly period.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 20:29 (Ref:3811813)   #183
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
It may well have happened in the '80's (?) when the fuel was limited, and many a car ran out of petrol in the closing laps. A very silly period.
Perhaps Monaco 1982 when a mixture of attrition, a late race shower and cars running out of fuel left James Hunt to famously remark on the commentary:
Quote:
“We’ve got this ridiculous situation where we’re sitting around the start-finish line waiting for a winner to come past, and we don’t seem to be getting one!“.
Patrese won from Pironi (stopped), de Cesaris (stopped), Mansell, de Angelis and Daly (stationary). Those were the points scorers, and half of those were the only cars left running at the flag.
Patrese himself had stopped on the penultimate lap, but managed to bump start the car on the hill down from the station hairpin and eventually won by a lap.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 09:54 (Ref:3811888)   #184
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And let's not forget San Marino 85, where first Senna, then Johansson ran out of fuel in the lead, then Prost won, before being DQed for being underweight, giving de Angelis the win! And Boutsen who was second pushed his car over the line

Spa 64 is another one that springs to mind
Old 30 Mar 2018, 11:28 (Ref:3811906)   #185
littleman
Veteran

Actually, the purpose of posting the video was to demonstrate:

a: Four completely different cars were involved.
b: They were able to run right on each others gearbox.
c: There wasn't a manufacturer to be seen.
d: It's possible to have limited aero which doesn't effect the racing.
e: It's still one of the fastest GP's ever
Old 30 Mar 2018, 15:19 (Ref:3811945)   #186
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Monza 1971
Old 30 Mar 2018, 15:21 (Ref:3811947)   #187
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And let's not forget San Marino 85, where first Senna, then Johansson ran out of fuel in the lead, then Prost won, before being DQed for being underweight, giving de Angelis the win! And Boutsen who was second pushed his car over the line
Was a very little child when that race was run, but had seen the video of the definition of last Elio's win at Imola! Quite amazing. Hope to see when Elio got the trophy after Alain was disqualified. Somebody at Hethel would have smiled that day.
Old 31 Mar 2018, 08:54 (Ref:3812072)   #188
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Monza 1971
And still one of the ten fastest races of all time. (Current Formula 1 Championship.)

BRM!
Old 31 Mar 2018, 09:01 (Ref:3812074)   #189
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
And still one of the ten fastest races of all time. (Current Formula 1 Championship.)

BRM!
Still my all time favourite team!
Old 31 Mar 2018, 11:49 (Ref:3812111)   #190
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Still my all time favourite team!
I still wear my ORMA badge with pride.
Old 1 Apr 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3812221)   #191
littleman
Veteran

What's really sad, is that today's rule infested F1 and barking mad penalty system, would have denied Peter Gethin the victory for exceeding track limits on the entry to Parabolica !!!
Old 1 Apr 2018, 09:51 (Ref:3812231)   #192
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I have heard from an F1 insider that the Oz GP will return to Adelaide in 2019...
Old 1 Apr 2018, 09:56 (Ref:3812236)   #193
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Let me guess - there's no actual details beyond that about the supposed incident? Did anything actually happen or is this yet another Saward article that is essentially "I'm an F1 journalist and you're not - you ****ing peasant"?
Even ends with a good "I know something you don't know" story. Haven't read any of Joes stuff before, but based on that, he's thoroughly unlikeable. What a terrible article.
Old 1 Apr 2018, 09:59 (Ref:3812237)   #194
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I have heard from an F1 insider that the Oz GP will return to Adelaide in 2019...
To be held April 1st each year no doubt.