Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 May 2015, 12:51 (Ref:3541722)   #1
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What ever happened to....?

Hello, i have started this thread so that we can ask about people or things that used to be common place in & around sportscar racing but are no longer "apparent".

Ill start by asking whatever happened to Jamie Davies, he always seemed fairly quick and getting decent drives (Vitaphone MC12, BMS Scuderia Italia etc).
Old 27 May 2015, 16:10 (Ref:3541777)   #2
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also :
John Paul jr.
Price Cobb
Alex Gurney
david Donahue
Old 27 May 2015, 19:04 (Ref:3541857)   #3
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
Also :

Alex Gurney
He currently competes in the NAEC endurance rounds with Action Express in IMSA.
Old 27 May 2015, 23:58 (Ref:3541929)   #4
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
He currently competes in the NAEC endurance rounds with Action Express in IMSA.
Is this for later in the year? He didn't run at Daytona or Sebring. I'm hoping to see Alex in the Ford GT's next year.
Old 27 May 2015, 16:19 (Ref:3541785)   #5
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
John Paul Jr suffers from Huntington's disease and his condition is constantly deteriorating.
Old 27 May 2015, 16:21 (Ref:3541786)   #6
David A Scott
Rookie

Canada
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
David A Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about David Tennyson? Drove the Denon sponsored Spice back in the '90s in IMSA.
Old 28 May 2015, 01:24 (Ref:3541949)   #7
yukoncornelius
Rookie

yukoncornelius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Scott View Post
What about David Tennyson? Drove the Denon sponsored Spice back in the '90s in IMSA.
Tennyson's dad owned the import/distribution rights to Denon in the Ontario (maybe all of eastern Canada) region and the '90s weren't exactly kind to the high end stereo makers. Last I heard he had followed his family into the corporate world. He was a good driver that often gets overlooked in a pretty amazing crop of Canadian drivers.
I used to love watching him and Goodyear, Bye, Spenard and the rest of the 944 cup.
Old 28 May 2015, 01:51 (Ref:3541950)   #8
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoncornelius View Post
Tennyson's dad owned the import/distribution rights to Denon in the Ontario (maybe all of eastern Canada) region and the '90s weren't exactly kind to the high end stereo makers. Last I heard he had followed his family into the corporate world. He was a good driver that often gets overlooked in a pretty amazing crop of Canadian drivers.
I used to love watching him and Goodyear, Bye, Spenard and the rest of the 944 cup.
Welcome to the forum!

This thread is pretty interesting! Even if a lot of the questions end up unanswered, it is nice to remember some of these old fellows.
Old 29 May 2015, 21:58 (Ref:3542692)   #9
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
John Paul Jr suffers from Huntington's disease and his condition is constantly deteriorating.
Pffff terrible disease.
I've always wondered what John could have achieved in indycars without the legal problems. He was very impressive in his early years.
Old 29 May 2015, 22:25 (Ref:3542694)   #10
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Is his father still alive ?
Old 29 May 2015, 22:39 (Ref:3542697)   #11
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Snips1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Drayson was involved in Formula E before he sold the team to Trulli last year
Old 30 May 2015, 11:56 (Ref:3542811)   #12
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
What ever happened to....?

Quote:

Who knows?

Didn't he disappear in 2001? Haven't heard anything about him since.

Stumbled across some archived pictures of BMS Italia Scuderia at Jarama in 2002 (?). Anyone know what Enzo Calderari, Lillian Bryner and Fabrizio Gollin are doing these days? Haven't heard of them racing for quite some years especially Calderari and Bryner.
Old 30 May 2015, 16:32 (Ref:3542942)   #13
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
The last that I had heard John Paul SN was on the run from the law somewhere in the Bahama's came back to the USA did some time and ended up in Canada .

Last I had heard about Andy Evans one time owner of IMSA The Fed's were about to take him down and he also landed somewhere in Vancover B.C. Canada .

Not sure if any of the Whitington Brothers are still alive they also were in Big Trouble with the Law .

IMSA : International Marijuana Smuglers association
Old 27 May 2015, 18:09 (Ref:3541832)   #14
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex Brundle. He was going places and is now pretty much taking the year off; health problems?
Old 27 May 2015, 18:12 (Ref:3541834)   #15
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
Alex Brundle. He was going places and is now pretty much taking the year off; health problems?
He did tweet about some undisclosed health problems keeping him away from racing for now, yes.
Old 27 May 2015, 23:00 (Ref:3541910)   #16
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Matteo Bobbi?
Old 28 May 2015, 20:57 (Ref:3542249)   #17
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Matteo Bobbi?
He was in the Lamborghini Super Trofeo race at Silverstone last weekend.
Old 28 May 2015, 22:58 (Ref:3542287)   #18
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
He was in the Lamborghini Super Trofeo race at Silverstone last weekend.

Thanks.
Old 28 May 2015, 00:00 (Ref:3541931)   #19
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Preston Henn
Old 29 May 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3542516)   #20
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Preston Henn
seen him a few weeks ago..still owns the swap shop ...still filthy rich😮 he was in his new laferarri
Old 31 May 2015, 02:49 (Ref:3543132)   #21
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackteck View Post
seen him a few weeks ago..still owns the swap shop ...still filthy rich�� he was in his new laferarri
Good to hear. The last interview I read with him he didn't like to talk about his racing days for whatever reason, but he'd just bought a Porsche 918.

And previous to that I think the last I'd heard about him was several years ago when he got in a scuffle with someone at the Swap Shop and then fled from the police on a golf cart before being tasered and then kicking out the window of a patrol car, mind you he was in his mid 70's at the time.
Old 31 May 2015, 16:35 (Ref:3543454)   #22
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
i can almost picturing him doing that
Funny Story though
Old 3 Jun 2015, 22:49 (Ref:3544747)   #23
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Good to hear. The last interview I read with him he didn't like to talk about his racing days for whatever reason, but he'd just bought a Porsche 918.

And previous to that I think the last I'd heard about him was several years ago when he got in a scuffle with someone at the Swap Shop and then fled from the police on a golf cart before being tasered and then kicking out the window of a patrol car, mind you he was in his mid 70's at the time.
ha!!he drives around the swap shop on a golf cart alright, his 918 is on display there, along with most of his impressive collection. .including Schumacher ferrari f1 cars.. check my instagram username : jacaalis for pics & video of him with his laferarri
Old 5 Jun 2015, 02:49 (Ref:3545061)   #24
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Martini colors with SWAP. So awesome.
Old 28 May 2015, 21:08 (Ref:3542252)   #25
zere
Rookie

Germany
zere should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jamie Davies is (still?) working at Turnspeed. He's got a protected Twitter acc @JamieDavies888 , no idea how active he is on there. He did some driver coaching stuff, but no more racing, I think.