Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Aug 2017, 10:41 (Ref:3756649)   #5401
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
How many faces have to be eaten off before we cut ties joeb? How many?
There is probably a backstory here which rationally explains that comment ... but I think i prefer the mystery.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3756665)   #5402
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
There is probably a backstory here which rationally explains that comment ... but I think i prefer the mystery.
Yup, mysteries are sometimes better than the truth.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 11:40 (Ref:3756672)   #5403
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
In this case, yes the mystery is much better than the actual story.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 12:18 (Ref:3756692)   #5404
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Cases, man. It happened twice in a decade. That's a trend, friends.

Back to race cars, sorry guys.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3756754)   #5405
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I've always thought this forum could use more bath salts. Might be more productive then occasionally locking a thread.

Somehow this reminds me of a few times on Murphy the bear(or somewhere else) where he would make the distinction between the beer and brat crowd and the wine and cheese group.

I think it's safe to say it's now the patron and bath salts crowd.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 18:26 (Ref:3756759)   #5406
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
(the beer and brat crowd is always more fun to hang out with)
Old 1 Aug 2017, 20:45 (Ref:3756785)   #5407
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
New HPD/Acura NSX color schemes for the rest of the season:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/mi...cura-liveries/

Though posted on SC365, here's an IMSA published article on VFR:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/vi...-road-america/
Old 1 Aug 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3756795)   #5408
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah that's a bit of a shame, IMO. That was one of the most unique liveries I had seen in a long time. I loved the reversed colors on each car.

Old 2 Aug 2017, 03:33 (Ref:3756827)   #5409
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like the metallic liveries but prefer the others; they were busy, but it worked well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
(the beer and brat crowd is always more fun to hang out with)
Agreed, up to a point, where we are "holding a beer and watching this." And it's usually me being watched...

And that's all there is in Elkhart Lake, right? Beer and brats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Quote:
Cases, man. It happened twice in a decade. That's a trend, friends.
Oh man. I had to shake the cobwebs to recall this gem. Wonder why I've forgotten more PLM convos than I can remember...
Old 2 Aug 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3756902)   #5410
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I like the metallic liveries but prefer the others; they were busy, but it worked well.

Agreed, up to a point, where we are "holding a beer and watching this." And it's usually me being watched...

And that's all there is in Elkhart Lake, right? Beer and brats?

Oh man. I had to shake the cobwebs to recall this gem. Wonder why I've forgotten more PLM convos than I can remember...
I basically am walking through one cobweb after another these days. I wish i was speaking figuratively there. On the Acura livery front, I didn't even remember seeing that car that JHammy posted. I remember the sister car, and the stars and stipes theme of the last two races, but not that one for some reason.
Old 7 Aug 2017, 13:43 (Ref:3757977)   #5411
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Risi return to GTLM in Virginia.
They will be in Laguna Seca and Road Atlanta too.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ri...mplete-season/
Old 7 Aug 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3758020)   #5412
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Risi return to GTLM in Virginia.
They will be in Laguna Seca and Road Atlanta too.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ri...mplete-season/
That's nice to read!
Old 18 Aug 2017, 00:30 (Ref:3760053)   #5413
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And the GT3 of the week is . . .

Porsche

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/we...orsche-at-vir/
Old 18 Aug 2017, 01:21 (Ref:3760059)   #5414
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to see Risi back. Will enjoy seeing them at VIR and PLM.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 01:47 (Ref:3760065)   #5415
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
Good to see Risi back. Will enjoy seeing them at VIR and PLM.
I hope they can have a couple clean races. They have had another tough season dealing with crash damage.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 02:25 (Ref:3760073)   #5416
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 18 Aug 2017, 16:48 (Ref:3760207)   #5417
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
And the second part of the Penske rumour is actually confirmed: they will enter a standard LMP2 Oreca 07 at Petit Le Mans this season, to get the team personnel into race-readiness.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14329...-petit-le-mans
Old 18 Aug 2017, 17:03 (Ref:3760211)   #5418
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
And the second part of the Penske rumour is actually confirmed: they will enter a standard LMP2 Oreca 07 at Petit Le Mans this season, to get the team personnel into race-readiness.

Montoya, Castronevss and Pagenaud would be a fun line-up for Petit.

L.P.
Old 22 Aug 2017, 18:08 (Ref:3760991)   #5419
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I heard they (Penske) are actually practicing at Road Atlanta today.
Old 22 Aug 2017, 19:04 (Ref:3760999)   #5420
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
They were! I seen it!
Old 22 Aug 2017, 19:12 (Ref:3761001)   #5421
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
They were! I seen it!
Long lunch today?
Old 22 Aug 2017, 22:31 (Ref:3761032)   #5422
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, and they will be in Petit Le Mans with a Oreca 07 Gibson too.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 01:52 (Ref:3761056)   #5423
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Yes, and they will be in Petit Le Mans with a Oreca 07 Gibson too.
Yep. Saw that above.

Wonder who might have been driving today, how much more they'll test as there's plenty of time between now and the first weekend in October.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 23 Aug 2017 at 02:03.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 01:58 (Ref:3761058)   #5424
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Montoya probably.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 02:04 (Ref:3761059)   #5425
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Sure! He's mostly free ATM.