Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jun 2008, 20:53 (Ref:2223010)   #1
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
10 place penalty for Hamilton and Rosberg

they served it, although Hamilton's mistake was bigger.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 20:54 (Ref:2223012)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
already in the race thread

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...107133&page=24
Old 8 Jun 2008, 20:55 (Ref:2223015)   #3
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This lunacy from Ferrari's International Assistance has been posted in the race thread
Old 8 Jun 2008, 20:56 (Ref:2223019)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suppose the key to this is that it was in the pit lane and there is the safety aspect.

I don't think it needs one, but hey ho.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 20:56 (Ref:2223020)   #5
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
This lunacy from Ferrari's International Assistance has been posted in the race thread
And other differently biased opinions
Old 8 Jun 2008, 20:56 (Ref:2223022)   #6
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alrite sorry, with the penalty though it became more of a Magny-Curs or general issue me reckoned
Old 8 Jun 2008, 20:58 (Ref:2223029)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What is worse is that there is no link. A 10 place penalty for you alonso11 if ever you play the parc ferme F1 game.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68140
Old 8 Jun 2008, 20:59 (Ref:2223030)   #8
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
I suppose the key to this is that it was in the pit lane and there is the safety aspect.

I don't think it needs one, but hey ho.

the key to this is that lights in the pitlane are just like flags on the race track, you ignore them, you get the penalty.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:00 (Ref:2223034)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Everything must be penalised. Mistakes must be eradicated.

What happened to the days of looking at such incidents in an adult manner?

You can do anything: fines, points on licenses, loud shouting. No, let's have a random grid penalty again.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:00 (Ref:2223036)   #10
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
And other differently biased opinions
No, not really. Difficult to come to any other conclusion based on the various other incidents where drivers have hit other drivers and gone unpenalized. Can't think of any offhand, though, was there one at Monaco?
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:02 (Ref:2223038)   #11
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
No, not really. Difficult to come to any other conclusion based on the various other incidents where drivers have hit other drivers and gone unpenalized. Can't think of any offhand, though, was there one at Monaco?
once again, its not for hitting someone, its for ignoring lights.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:02 (Ref:2223039)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonso11
the key to this is that lights in the pitlane are just like flags on the race track, you ignore them, you get the penalty.
Yes, they are important and it was all wrapped up in what I meant.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:03 (Ref:2223041)   #13
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
The comparison between this incident and the Monaco one baffles me.

One's a driver losing control of his vehicle in treacherous conditions - the other is a driver paying no attention to the flags/lights/position of vehicles in front of him in a car he has total control of!
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:08 (Ref:2223051)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think penalties are deserved.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:09 (Ref:2223054)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess this one explains... http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...08224310.shtml
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:09 (Ref:2223055)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yes, they are different. Although both should be described as numpties for it!
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:09 (Ref:2223056)   #17
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonso11
once again, its not for hitting someone, its for ignoring lights.
I don't know. Normally ignoring lights leads to a black flag. I am surprised Nico wasn't black flagged in the race if it was for lights. In Lewis' case he was out of the race so he served the ultimate penalty. It is the inconsistency that is annoying. Nico should have been black flagged if indeed this penalty is imposed for ignoring the lights. He wasn't so i am assuming this is for hitting someone
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2223060)   #18
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
How about a poll?

Article looks the same as on Autosport - doesn't fully state what the penalty is for (the collision, or ignoring the red - or a bit of both).
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:16 (Ref:2223064)   #19
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
The argument about ignoring lights isn't that valid. It would only be ignoring the light if you crossed the line that you weren't supposed to cross.

The penalty has to be for causing a collision because they didn't ignore the light. They stopped before the light.
It doesn't tie in with other penalties for ignoring flags, lights or signalling errors.

There is also a responsibility of the organiser/FIA to ensure the light is easily seen. Barrichello complained last year it wasn't easy to see at another track and it is npot easy to see when you are following someone, especially if your attention is on the cars in front and what they are doing.

The other issue is not the fact they hit the car in front but the appropriateness of the penalty.
If you can take out a car on the circuit in a 'racing incident' and not recieve a penalty this is draconian in comparison.Not only did it stuff up their own race but they have then been stuffed for the next one....

The FIA judicial system is faulty, considerably so, and it needs consistency, appropriate consistently applied penalties, and a greater degree of transparency.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:16 (Ref:2223065)   #20
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Lewis fell asleep at the wheel and didn't see the red. A well deserved penalty in my view.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:23 (Ref:2223075)   #21
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
I don't know. Normally ignoring lights leads to a black flag. I am surprised Nico wasn't black flagged in the race if it was for lights. In Lewis' case he was out of the race so he served the ultimate penalty. It is the inconsistency that is annoying. Nico should have been black flagged if indeed this penalty is imposed for ignoring the lights. He wasn't so i am assuming this is for hitting someone
it does make sense, however, if its for hitting someone Im not sure why Nico got it then... he slightly hit the rear tire of someone causing zero damage to others and a relatively minor one to his ownself.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:26 (Ref:2223080)   #22
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga
The argument about ignoring lights isn't that valid. It would only be ignoring the light if you crossed the line that you weren't supposed to cross..

it does make sense again, although 1.) Hamilton did cross the line and 2.) you can ignore a light not only by crossing the line but also by not braking in time (getting stoped by the cars you hit before you approach the line isnt really the best excuse)
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:28 (Ref:2223084)   #23
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga
The argument about ignoring lights isn't that valid. It would only be ignoring the light if you crossed the line that you weren't supposed to cross.

The penalty has to be for causing a collision because they didn't ignore the light. They stopped before the light.
It doesn't tie in with other penalties for ignoring flags, lights or signalling errors.
I was just thinking that - they didn't actually ignore the light because they never left the pitlane...

I don't think there's a problem with the penalty itself - both Hamilton and Rosberg could have avoided that accident, and their teams could have helped them to do it by getting on the radio and telling them to stop at the end of the pitlane. The issue is how the FIA applies these penalties, because worse offences have gone unpunished in the past.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:37 (Ref:2223096)   #24
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As in all these type of debates following an incident, you can tell who supports who by the often prejudiced/biased comments.

All I will say here is the FIA need to be consistent in their decisions.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 21:38 (Ref:2223098)   #25
V8thunderfan
Rookie

Wales
Vale of Glamorgan
V8thunderfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on guys .. Causing an a avoidable incident in the pit lane under safety car conditions is a biggy in my books. 10 place grid drop is a justified penalty.