Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Sep 2009, 08:01 (Ref:2551011)   #26
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Wayne. Very happy to be corrected with such excllent news. That will teach me to concentrate harder on the results! So sorry to hear of your woes - you didn't look yourself at the prize giving but we didn't get a chance to chat. Well done again and best regards and thanks to your dad for his help and support over the weekend.

I cannot believe that the Summer Classic and Eifelrennen will clash next year - nightmare. These are 2 unmissable events in my book (prefer the Summer Classic to the 6 hour as much more relaxed atmosphere) so it will be a tough choice.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 11:33 (Ref:2551135)   #27
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Louise, sorry to be picky but I must correct you It was 2nd o/a in the CSCC/Triumph and 2nd in class.

We had a great run down until the last 20 miles when at the same time I missed a turning (only been going to the place 9 years!!) and my pickup started running really rough. Managed to nurse it to the paddock which was fun getting our spot...............bit of confusion as to what could park where, ho hum. However, that was nothing compared to scrutineering where the main man was adamant my car (and the rest of the field) should run to AppK regs..........now he's the guy you guys want to sort out the AppK cheats!! After a fair bit of persuasion he gave up and walked off in disgust

Should really have tried a little harder in the first qualifying session on Friday as the Saturday version was earlier and the track quite a bit slipperier but I'm not keen on qualifying anyway so only did a handfull of laps. As saturday wore on I started to get some real bad toothache, something I never suffer with so kept taking pain killers to dumb it.

Woke sunday morning to find most of the pain gone but pretty severe swelling instead and was wondering whether I'd actually get my helmet on! As I was in the first group I suited up early and just managed to squeeze into my helmet and despite the long wait once on the grid refused to take it off.

Start of the race was a little hectic with a couple of Golfs out of position anyway but managed to stay out of trouble despite both a Jag XJ and a Polo trying to side swipe me on the GP track. Once on the NS the smaller cars held me up for a while, managed to do one on the exit of Adenaur Forst and the others up Kesselchen. Good dice with the XK and ran side by side down the main straight, just boxing him behind a smaller car at Tiergarten. Slowly reeled in the eventual group/class winning TR8 but got held up by a Porsche 944 and then stuck behind a very slow 914 into a yellow flag zone which enabled the TR to pull away. Excellent pit stop and refuel by my crew whilst others apparently had the Keystone Cops in attendance

Dropped my pace a bit due to the large sections of oil so never got back on terms with the TR and finished 26 seconds behind.
Well happy to have finished another Eifelrennen and another nice pot for the missus to clean. Finished the race with 1 eye virtually closed due to the swelling so paid a quick visit to the Med centre..........nothing doing there so once home on Monday morning went to the local hospital and spent the day there. Now off work till Friday when its back to the hospital for an operation

Another excellent weekend, many thanks to all those involved, organisers, marshals (excellent flagging). Would be back next year but the organisers have apparently moved the event to June which clashes with Spa!!!!!!! For fff sake guys!

PS........spent more time repairing the pick up than the race car, would be good but dad who was with me is buying it..........EMBARASING

Well done Wayne. Good report too. I've done Spa so the 'Ring is on next years list.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 15:28 (Ref:2552719)   #28
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The organisation at this year's Eiffelrennen was first class. The hospitality that the organisers provided at lunch for, at least, the FJ competitors was the best I have ever had and the cleanliness of all the facilities puts English and French tracks to shame.

I can unhesitatingly recommend this meeting to anyone who has not yet been.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2552727)   #29
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Penciled in for next year Comte,hopefully it will take place in June.
Old 5 Oct 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2554520)   #30
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Penciled in for next year Comte,hopefully it will take place in June.
Now that it seems that the Spa 6 hours and the Eifelrennen will not clash next year I confidently predict that Delta will be there and he won't be grumpy about missing his drives.