Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Apr 2012, 12:59 (Ref:3051719)   #26
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
thanks. the button on their front page just did nowt
Old 1 Apr 2012, 13:27 (Ref:3051725)   #27
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just woke up here in the States not expecting much in the way of pictures and to my surprise the stream on dailymotion is great. Pictures + RLM and timing means I'm set for the next couple of hours. Seems like an interesting race so far.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 13:47 (Ref:3051731)   #28
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Get Stirling outta the Status car FFS !!!

Shame for Murphy , was hoping for better . What exactly went wrong there ?
Old 1 Apr 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3051738)   #29
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exhaust blew up - seems to be same thing that happened yesterday
Old 1 Apr 2012, 14:14 (Ref:3051743)   #30
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Get Stirling outta the Status car FFS !!!
I was about to ask what had happens to Status that caused then to be 2 laps down. But from the above response I gather that Stirling is not doing a Sterling job?
Old 1 Apr 2012, 14:24 (Ref:3051745)   #31
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_nl View Post
I was about to ask what had happens to Status that caused then to be 2 laps down. But from the above response I gather that Stirling is not doing a Sterling job?
Ba-dum-tsh... Hindhaugh beat you to that one.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3051753)   #32
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my excuse for that one is that I am relying on motors. So I did not hear him say it, but great minds think alike
Old 1 Apr 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3051760)   #33
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's incredible - 1:30 advantage over the field in pit stops alone for the TDS team
Old 1 Apr 2012, 15:06 (Ref:3051765)   #34
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
They are using the full Mistral straight, don't they?
Old 1 Apr 2012, 15:44 (Ref:3051781)   #35
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Excellant effort from Prospeed .
Old 1 Apr 2012, 15:49 (Ref:3051782)   #36
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is there a bertter live timing link, the official one only shows the last lap, any other info is not present.. There was a much better live tiiming and scoring last year, the black one.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 16:07 (Ref:3051791)   #37
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really surpisingly good race despite the small field. LMP2 was competitive and interesting throughout and only really decided towards the end. GT was fantastic the last couple of minutes. Congratulations to TDS and JMW on their wins.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 16:07 (Ref:3051792)   #38
The Badger
Veteran

Excellant race all round .
Old 1 Apr 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3051796)   #39
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great start for ELMS.

Hopefully some more LMP2s and GTs will see it's actually worth it racing in this series.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3051807)   #40
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't holding out too much hope during the first hour. Pretty decent finish, though.
Here's hoping the series can maintain momentum and, expand the grid a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
Is there a bertter live timing link, the official one only shows the last lap, any other info is not present.. There was a much better live tiiming and scoring last year, the black one.
This one?
http://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/lms/
Old 1 Apr 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3051810)   #41
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Wasn't holding out too much hope during the first hour. Pretty decent finish, though.
Here's hoping the series can maintain momentum and, expand the grid a little more.

This one?
http://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/lms/
doesn't seem to work, oh well, I guess will have to forget about a decente live timing for this one, as soon as they are laped now differences arent shown...
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3051971)   #42
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
I was initially really skeptical about the size of the grid, but ultimately found it a highly enjoyable race, and was genuinely impressed by the TV direction which managed to capture where excitement was happening.

The Oreca, Lola, Zytek, and Morgan packages all seem genuinely closely matched, and with a reasonably healthy LMP2 grid of well sorted cars, most of which managed to keep circulating competitively for 6 hours, I can't help think there should be some grounds for optimism that the building blocks are there for a good season.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3052003)   #43
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just watching it back now. Pretty ****ed to have seemingly been robbed an hour of this by Motors. Really horrible cutting from one half of the race to the final hour with the complexion of it completely changed. Enjoyed it much more than I thought I would however. Excited to see these teams slot in at Le Mans.

Is the race going to be archived on the ELMS site do we think so I can fill in the blanks?
Old 2 Apr 2012, 09:07 (Ref:3052152)   #44
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I was initially really skeptical about the size of the grid, but ultimately found it a highly enjoyable race, and was genuinely impressed by the TV direction which managed to capture where excitement was happening.

The Oreca, Lola, Zytek, and Morgan packages all seem genuinely closely matched, and with a reasonably healthy LMP2 grid of well sorted cars, most of which managed to keep circulating competitively for 6 hours, I can't help think there should be some grounds for optimism that the building blocks are there for a good season.
Yes, although the grid size looks a bit weak overall, at least the LMP2 entry is pretty solid, with a decent number of competitive cars. Hopefully we'll see a few more decent races this season, as we seem to have the potential for some pretty good battles at the sharp end of the grid.
I hope they manage to persuade a few more GT cars out though...
Old 2 Apr 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3052191)   #45
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Can anyone explain what happened between Melo and Kaffer? Havent not been able to watch the race I read of some coming together on twitter.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 10:24 (Ref:3052195)   #46
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Can anyone explain what happened between Melo and Kaffer? Havent not been able to watch the race I read of some coming together on twitter.
Kaffer tried to put one down the inside of Melo into a tight right-hander (sorry can't remember which turn) and they made contact. Neither car spun around, Kaffer's car pivoted around slightly on the kerb and kept going.

Was just a clumsy move. Almost 'Meloesque'. Not sure if it really did any damage to either.