Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Feb 2015, 13:51 (Ref:3508027)   #551
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile;

A small movie of the point of view from the Ford curve grandstand:
[url
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117675622742228712026/albums/6118345451919802513/6118349210223088482?pid=6118349210223088482&oid=117675622742228712026[/url]
I'm not happy - this is the view from my seats! Well actually we are a few rows further forward but this used to be a great place to see a decent amount of track.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 13:55 (Ref:3508029)   #552
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
I'm not happy - this is the view from my seats! Well actually we are a few rows further forward but this used to be a great place to see a decent amount of track.
I really don't think it's changed the view that much at all - you couldn't see them much more than 100 metres or so before the Ford Chicane anyway. At most I'd say we've lost 20 metres of vision, if that.

A few years ago they had a temporary, open-top stand in the space between the new centre and the Masion Blanche Grand Stand, and that was much more obstructive to the view.

Take a look at this footage from 1991 and imagine the centre there - I'm not sure it would change the view of the track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWmn_w8dC7k

It's going to take some getting used to I admit, but from a spectator point of view I'm not sure it changes much.

Last edited by Gingers4Justice; 23 Feb 2015 at 14:01.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 10:49 (Ref:3509995)   #553
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Porsche curve's works update:

Here http://guimbarde-et-circuit.eklablog...015-a114857342 some picture s of my friend Jean-marc.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 12:19 (Ref:3510018)   #554
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The earth banking seems to be higher than it was earlier?
Old 28 Feb 2015, 15:23 (Ref:3510061)   #555
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The earth banking seems to be higher than it was earlier?
I think it is lower.
some videos today:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...22742228712026
Old 28 Feb 2015, 17:11 (Ref:3510079)   #556
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
I'd also say lower, maybe, especially the bit behind the FIA fencing. Looking at how it was in 2012

I actually believe the ground has been levelled to allow this years FIA fence line to go further back. Having both marshalled this area and spectated from the ridge behind, this is not a good thing. Hell of a place to marshal from tho.

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 28 Feb 2015 at 17:38.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 13:12 (Ref:3510718)   #557
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here is an update on the work at the start of the Porsche Curves. No more public access to this area, as it will be reserved for Travel Destinations customers only. I wasn't aware that there was public access here anyway, but it's a shame to find out too late.

http://www.lemansrace.com/news/porsche-curves-update/
Old 2 Mar 2015, 13:18 (Ref:3510720)   #558
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's a shame. It was becoming a pain to drive (park) there, but was a nice place to spend an hour or so.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 13:26 (Ref:3510724)   #559
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is rubbish making it private!
I really resent that choice. That is not the way for Le Mans to go!
It was a great place to watch the cars coming in with high speeds braking and overtaking, together with great visibility from the run into Porsche Curves.

I fear that this will push other bigger campsites to try to get similar deals. K-Rejser is pretty big and well connected, and before you know it, another viewing spot is private!

Any one know where to write to, to complain about this development?
Old 2 Mar 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3510729)   #560
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Makes no difference to me. Three years in a row I've tried to watch there. Three times I've asked officials where to park. Three times I've been given a shrug. I just assumed people got the wrong end of the stick or something?

The spectator banking on the inside is still good, isn't it? I'd love to know where to park to watch from there.

Mathias, I guess write directly to the ACO?
Old 2 Mar 2015, 13:35 (Ref:3510732)   #561
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Makes no difference to me. Three years in a row I've tried to watch there. Three times I've asked officials where to park. Three times I've been given a shrug. I just assumed people got the wrong end of the stick or something?

The spectator banking on the inside is still good, isn't it? I'd love to know where to park to watch from there.

Mathias, I guess write directly to the ACO?
John-Mark, you got perfectly good legs don't you?
It is not that long a walk if you are at the Karting Pits, I've marked the walking routes here:
Le Mans Map Guide

But yeah, a direct mail to the ACO, doesn't matter if it just a mail box checked every once in a while.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 13:47 (Ref:3510738)   #562
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
John-Mark, you got perfectly good legs don't you?
It is not that long a walk if you are at the Karting Pits, I've marked the walking routes here:
Le Mans Map Guide

But yeah, a direct mail to the ACO, doesn't matter if it just a mail box checked every once in a while.
Thank you! Must be, what, a 15/20 minute walk from the Karting Pits? I do have good legs, but I also have moaning family members to contend with...

I have absolutely no idea what the ACO is like when it comes to this sort of thing. They can't be worse than Silverstone in terms of response levels.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 13:57 (Ref:3510744)   #563
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I intend to get to the bank on the inside of that first turn this year because I haven't been down there before. Hopefully I will only have my brothers along for the trip and I don't care if they moan.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 14:03 (Ref:3510748)   #564
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Thank you! Must be, what, a 15/20 minute walk from the Karting Pits? I do have good legs, but I also have moaning family members to contend with...

I have absolutely no idea what the ACO is like when it comes to this sort of thing. They can't be worse than Silverstone in terms of response levels.
Yeah I think so, almost the same as from the start/finish line to Tertre Rouge .
Must annoying thing when doing the walk, is that you cannot see the track while walking, So I usually go there under one of the practises and leave it alone for the race .

I don't care about respons, I just want to tell them that it is a bad development their onto, and that it will hurt me as a spectator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I intend to get to the bank on the inside of that first turn this year because I haven't been down there before. Hopefully I will only have my brothers along for the trip and I don't care if they moan.
I will be on the inside once again this year, and will try to get to the outside also (don't care if I will have to cheat or something to get there)
Old 2 Mar 2015, 14:12 (Ref:3510755)   #565
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
For my first Le Mans visit in 2012 I didn't mind being a super nerd, and as such wore a go pro camera on my head for much of the time, documenting everything. And because I am so obsessed with Le Mans it just so happens that I watched some of those videos just yesterday. I happen to have a video from the tunnel near start/finish that takes you from the paddock to the outside of the track. I was camping at the Travel Destinations site and the video goes from the tunnel to the campsite. So I can tell you on good authority that this is a solid 30 minute walk. Little tip though, if you're at the grandstands walk on the outside of the circuit rather than the inside. The road that runs on the outside by Maison Blanche is a much quicker walk than the walk that goes by the Karting area. There are more cars to contend with as there are no sidewalks, but it cuts the travel time down by between 5-10 minutes.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 19:07 (Ref:3510856)   #566
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Have you uploaded the footage to you tube?
Old 2 Mar 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3510906)   #567
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
Have you uploaded the footage to you tube?
No. Would you want me to? I figured the walk from the paddock to Porsche Curves may be a bit boring. But I could add it if you'd like. I also have a video of a complete ride on the ferris wheel, and the start and finish of the race from Tavano.

I do have a cool one on one Alan McNish video from COTA last year that is worth a look. Here's part one of two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lyf...Syd1PsA19083HQ
Old 2 Mar 2015, 22:20 (Ref:3510934)   #568
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Snips1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
No. Would you want me to? I figured the walk from the paddock to Porsche Curves may be a bit boring. But I could add it if you'd like. I also have a video of a complete ride on the ferris wheel, and the start and finish of the race from Tavano.

I do have a cool one on one Alan McNish video from COTA last year that is worth a look. Here's part one of two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lyf...Syd1PsA19083HQ
Yes, please upload the videos from Le Mans. Thank you
Old 5 Mar 2015, 17:50 (Ref:3512165)   #569
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see them too ATL!
Old 5 Mar 2015, 17:51 (Ref:3512166)   #570
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CTD - thanks for the guide! Will be at the Test day this year and want to try out some new sites to watch from.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 16:41 (Ref:3513000)   #571
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Porsche curve : The spectators effectively to be taken away, updated today:
https://plus.google.com/photos/11767...22742228712026
Old 8 Mar 2015, 17:12 (Ref:3513008)   #572
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Some big chances there Eric, thanks for posting
Old 8 Mar 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3513016)   #573
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is it the new mound ?

It's not higher... ACO could have taken advantage of the work to enhance the mound
Old 11 Mar 2015, 20:21 (Ref:3514253)   #574
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
We should be removed more or less than 50 meters from the track.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 20:38 (Ref:3514257)   #575
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Are they carting the subsoil off site?? Seems an expensive route, id of just dozed it up higher, bigger bank better views.