Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Jun 2018, 11:27 (Ref:3831859)   #301
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Murphy Prototypes. Since the new P2 cars they're not around anymore and the plan to be the official European representative of the Ave-Riley was bound to fail. What are they doing now?
Masters Endurance Legends with the Oreca 03
Old 19 Jun 2018, 11:45 (Ref:3831861)   #302
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Murphy Prototypes. Since the new P2 cars they're not around anymore and the plan to be the official European representative of the Ave-Riley was bound to fail. What are they doing now?
Greg Murphy was working with one of the LMP2 teams at Le Mans as well I believe. Algarve Pro maybe?
Old 19 Jun 2018, 22:53 (Ref:3831982)   #303
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone know what Jean Marc Gounon is up to these days?
Old 20 Jun 2018, 05:13 (Ref:3832016)   #304
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Anyone know what Jean Marc Gounon is up to these days?
Jean-Marc turns up at the races to support his son Jules. I saw him earlier this year at Monza for the Blancpain event. Doubtless he will be in Spa for the 24.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 09:55 (Ref:3832059)   #305
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
Jean-Marc turns up at the races to support his son Jules. I saw him earlier this year at Monza for the Blancpain event. Doubtless he will be in Spa for the 24.

Thanks John
Old 20 Jun 2018, 13:29 (Ref:3832093)   #306
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Chris Niarchos of CRS, Mr Li formerly of Veloqx, Joao Barbosa?
Old 20 Jun 2018, 15:12 (Ref:3832124)   #307
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Can't really answer the first two but Barbosa normally now drives the #5 Action Express Cadillac DPI in the IMSA WeatherTech series. I say normally, because he'll be missing the next two races at Watkins Glen and Mosport because he broke his hand in a bicycling accident.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 15:34 (Ref:3832130)   #308
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Can't really answer the first two but Barbosa normally now drives the #5 Action Express Cadillac DPI in the IMSA WeatherTech series. I say normally, because he'll be missing the next two races at Watkins Glen and Mosport because he broke his hand in a bicycling accident.
Thanks for this chernaudi, I missed IMSA drive?!
Are you sure it wasn't a tennis incident? Lol...
Old 21 Jun 2018, 15:20 (Ref:3832345)   #309
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Can't really answer the first two but Barbosa normally now drives the #5 Action Express Cadillac DPI in the IMSA WeatherTech series.
He was a co-driver on the winning team at Daytona 24 this year.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 15:43 (Ref:3832348)   #310
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Chris Niarchos retired from driving but ran the competition arm of McLaren GT from inception with Andrew Kirkaldy till last year. My learned friends are now sorting out the legal niceties after McLaren Automotive assumed control. At least that is how I understand the situation............no one is saying much............

Sam Li is still active behind the scenes in Asian motorsport and I understand is big pals with André Lotterer.
Old 5 Jul 2018, 23:53 (Ref:3834905)   #311
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
I was transferring some old races from VHS to DVD just the other day and at the end of one the race I was mainly interested in, I had recorded FIA GT from 2006. I was pleasantly surprised to see Mr. Davies in a Vitaphone Racing MC12! I had completely forgotten about that.

Other pleasant memories include the Zakspeed Saleen with Jarek Janis, Kinch and Kirkaldy in a Ferrari F430, GLPK Corvette.
Any chance of sharing this footage one way or another? I'm always on the hunt for mid-2000's FIA GT!
Old 6 Jul 2018, 00:05 (Ref:3834907)   #312
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
Any chance of sharing this footage one way or another? I'm always on the hunt for mid-2000's FIA GT!

I’d love to see this too if you would be so kind to share it especially if it’s English commentary
Old 6 Jul 2018, 13:15 (Ref:3834987)   #313
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Sam Li is still active behind the scenes in Asian motorsport
Doing what?
Old 28 Aug 2018, 20:00 (Ref:3846775)   #314
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enzo Potolicchio / 8 Star Motorsports? Haven't seen anything from them in a while.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 03:19 (Ref:3846808)   #315
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Enzo Potolicchio / 8 Star Motorsports? Haven't seen anything from them in a while.

His home country of Venezuela, which was funding his efforts, is in complete turmoil and economic disaster. If he's lucky, he still has a comfortable house away from the worst of it.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 08:15 (Ref:3846829)   #316
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Chris Niarchos of CRS
Quote:
Chris Niarchos retired from driving but ran the competition arm of McLaren GT from inception with Andrew Kirkaldy till last year. My learned friends are now sorting out the legal niceties after McLaren Automotive assumed control. At least that is how I understand the situation............no one is saying much............
FWIW, at Spa during the 24hours, the truck/trailer from McLaren GT had a logo containing this text:

McLaren GT
Customer Racing
McLaren GT is operated by CRS GT Limited

I made a photo of it ...
Old 29 Aug 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3846900)   #317
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
FWIW, at Spa during the 24hours, the truck/trailer from McLaren GT had a logo containing this text:

McLaren GT
Customer Racing

I made a photo of it ...
That's Chris Goodwin and Andrew Kirkaldy's company
Old 29 Aug 2018, 22:42 (Ref:3846989)   #318
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregUK View Post
That's Chris Goodwin and Andrew Kirkaldy's company

You can have it all. Just not all at once. It was their problem.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 09:22 (Ref:3866972)   #319
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Phillip Peter?
Old 1 Dec 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3867273)   #320
JCE.72
Rookie

Belgium
JCE.72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Phillip Peter?
Into luxury real estate since a few years, co-owner of Wetag consulting.
Old 1 Dec 2018, 17:40 (Ref:3867274)   #321
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

McLaren GT
Customer Racing

I made a photo of it ...
Learned indeed. CRS / Kirkaldy lost....
Old 1 Dec 2018, 18:17 (Ref:3867277)   #322
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
So, CRS = Kirkaldy & Goodwin

Then what is Garage 59?
That seems to be Tim Mullen's team.
Is it linked to CRS in any way? Or was it just a considence that Chris Goodwin drove for it a couple of times and that Mullen used to drive for CRS when they were still fielding Ferrari's?

on Endurance-Info there was a small article speculating they (Garage 59) might switch to Aston Martin: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/gar...artin-en-2019/
Old 1 Dec 2018, 18:54 (Ref:3867284)   #323
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Quote:
So, CRS = Kirkaldy & Goodwin

Then what is Garage 59?
That seems to be Tim Mullen's team.
Is it linked to CRS in any way? Or was it just a considence that Chris Goodwin drove for it a couple of times and that Mullen used to drive for CRS when they were still fielding Ferrari's?

on Endurance-Info there was a small article speculating they (Garage 59) might switch to Aston Martin: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/gar...artin-en-2019/
I think you will find that Garage 59 is owned/funded by Chris Niarchos and run by Tim. Given the result of the recent court case it is very likely that they will not running McLarens in 2019 and Aston Martin could prove an interesting prospect.
Old 10 Dec 2018, 00:36 (Ref:3869067)   #324
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCE.72 View Post
Into luxury real estate since a few years, co-owner of Wetag consulting.

Thanks. I take it he’s no longer racing as I’ve seen nothing of him motorsport wise for years.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 23:27 (Ref:3875623)   #325
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
The Maserati MC12 that raced in the 2005 ALMS seaon (or most of it):
http://www.racingsportscars.com/chas...000015440.html

Feels like this model had a long FIA GT1 life in the late 2000s, but this chassis didn't do anything after October 2005.