Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jan 2016, 09:53 (Ref:3604325)   #76
hvr777
Veteran

hvr777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone knows what's happened on Ralph Firman Jr. after 2013?

He was the 2002 Formula Nippon champion (at next year he raced at F1 for a season) and at 2005-2013 (except 2011, when he raced at GT Open) he returned to Super GT, clinched 2007 season championship together with one of Honda team, ARTA (Autobacs Racing Team Aguri).

But after 2013 (which was his last season in Super GT), I didn't hear any informations about him.
Old 18 Jan 2016, 14:33 (Ref:3605941)   #77
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FIA GT commentators Richard Nichols and Graham Tyler.

I know after the two were stupidly sacked by SRO after 2009, Tyler still worked at RLM for 2010 LMS+LM season, and then bit of 2011 before finally retiring cause of some lost love for the current breed of cars or something. But did he retire-retire from everything?

Of Nichols all I know is that he voiced ALMS highlights for euro ESPN America in 2012, plus some Irish motorcycle racing for UK/Ireland channels. I'm not sure if he does those bikes still. Or anything else for that matter.

Would be nice to know, these two were always among my top favs. Even if not too many seemed to appreciate them.
Old 18 Jan 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3605971)   #78
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Privateer teams in the ALMS:

Jon/Clint Field
Scott Tucker
The Autocon team
The Robertsons Ford GT team
Old 18 Jan 2016, 18:09 (Ref:3605974)   #79
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Scott Tucker to FBI investigation for money laundering, he and the companies involved made some 20 million settlements but there have been further court proceedings + (I think) settlements later.

Jon Field to prison for tax fraud

Clint Field forced to step down to minor club racing

Autocon Motorsports collapsed in late 2011 when Michael Lewis quit, and the rest decided to not bother

Doran Ford GT2 of Robertsons was nearing the end of homologation and they decided to bail

Last edited by Deleted; 18 Jan 2016 at 18:14.
Old 18 Jan 2016, 18:22 (Ref:3605975)   #80
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Robertsons still run the Fords in vintage racing. Pretty sure they've run in the Brian Redman event at Road America the last few years.

Regarding White Lightning from a few pages back, they still have a Twitter account, active as of September '15:
https://twitter.com/WLR1LeMans
Old 18 Jan 2016, 18:24 (Ref:3605976)   #81
Deleted
Veteran

They run same Dorans?

I always remember how Liz Halliday had some kind of grudge towards Robertsons at Le Mans 2011. It was bizarre.
Old 18 Jan 2016, 18:32 (Ref:3605978)   #82
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
They run same Dorans?
Yep, some relatives went to the event last year and they had photos of the cars.

Edit: Here's the Entry List from last year, they're listed on page 13.
http://www.roadamerica.com/media/wys...up_7-13-15.pdf
Old 18 Jan 2016, 18:44 (Ref:3605983)   #83
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Yep, some relatives went to the event last year and they had photos of the cars.

Edit: Here's the Entry List from last year, they're listed on page 13.
http://www.roadamerica.com/media/wys...up_7-13-15.pdf
Nice

Some cool other cars in there too

Wish Robs would make it to Sebring Classic or Daytona Classic someday
Old 18 Jan 2016, 19:48 (Ref:3605988)   #84
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
They run same Dorans?

I always remember how Liz Halliday had some kind of grudge towards Robertsons at Le Mans 2011. It was bizarre.

Yeah I've heard that too-never knew what it was all about though.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3607168)   #85
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Scott Tucker to FBI investigation for money laundering, he and the companies involved made some 20 million settlements but there have been further court proceedings + (I think) settlements later.
Justice is slowly starting to prevail for that con fraud!
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...et-tucker.html

1,32 billion demand! Open your corrupted wallets again Scott.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 18:26 (Ref:3613743)   #86
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Scott Tucker

Arrested today.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/moto...cid=spartandhp
Old 10 Feb 2016, 18:45 (Ref:3613747)   #87
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
Rot in Hell, Chief Tucker.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3613748)   #88
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
FIA GT commentators Richard Nichols and Graham Tyler.

I know after the two were stupidly sacked by SRO after 2009, Tyler still worked at RLM for 2010 LMS+LM season, and then bit of 2011 before finally retiring cause of some lost love for the current breed of cars or something. But did he retire-retire from everything?

Of Nichols all I know is that he voiced ALMS highlights for euro ESPN America in 2012, plus some Irish motorcycle racing for UK/Ireland channels. I'm not sure if he does those bikes still. Or anything else for that matter.

Would be nice to know, these two were always among my top favs. Even if not too many seemed to appreciate them.
Graham Tyler was reporting for RadioLeMans.com, in the pits, at the Rolex 24 last month and is also at the Le Mans 24 every year.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 18:49 (Ref:3613750)   #89
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
Graham Tyler was reporting for RadioLeMans.com, in the pits, at the Rolex 24 last month and is also at the Le Mans 24 every year.
No he's not, you're confusing him with someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
Good riddance Chief.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 19:28 (Ref:3613768)   #90
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Let's see if he can bring it to level 5 in the jailhouse...
Old 10 Feb 2016, 19:29 (Ref:3613769)   #91
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Let's see if he can bring it to level 5 in the jailhouse...
Haha
Old 10 Feb 2016, 19:50 (Ref:3613780)   #92
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
... Team Persson?
Old 10 Feb 2016, 21:46 (Ref:3613813)   #93
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
... Team Persson?
If you talking about German team from DTM, i think that they are now HTP Motorsport.
Old 11 Feb 2016, 02:33 (Ref:3613869)   #94
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Florian Gruber
Old 11 Feb 2016, 03:30 (Ref:3613873)   #95
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0994 View Post
If you talking about German team from DTM, i think that they are now HTP Motorsport.
Correct:

Quote:
DID YOU KNOW...

...HTP Motorsport can trace its roots back to a team started by former grand prix driver and Le Mans 24 Hours winner Jochen Mass?

MS Racing competed in the DTM in 1991-92 after which it was taken over by engineer Ingmar Persson. The stalwart Mercedes team was bought in 2011 by HEICO Motorsport, which in turn sold out to Dutch investment group HTP ahead of last season.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112201

Never saw them at Le Mans though.

Old 11 Feb 2016, 11:47 (Ref:3613940)   #96
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Well, well. The things you learn. I loved the CLK-GTRs they ran in the 1998 FIA GT Championship.
Old 11 Feb 2016, 14:55 (Ref:3613969)   #97
Coach Ep
Veteran

FIA GT 1998 retro

The Zakspeed Porsche had a distinct livery that year as well.

here are both of them actually!

Here's more from the maestro

http://www.speedhunters.com/2010/04/...he_911_gt1_98/
Old 12 Feb 2016, 19:39 (Ref:3614278)   #98
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nigel Moore, at the time the youngest Le Mans entrant ever, his sister Sarah (?) did well in Ginettas IIRC, then both disappeared, must still be relatively young, family money dry up?
Old 12 Feb 2016, 20:33 (Ref:3614289)   #99
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
Nigel Moore, at the time the youngest Le Mans entrant ever, his sister Sarah (?) did well in Ginettas IIRC, then both disappeared, must still be relatively young, family money dry up?
Looking on Google:

Nigel and Sarah did the GT86 Cup in VLN in 2014. Don't know what they did last year.
Old 13 Feb 2016, 03:57 (Ref:3614357)   #100
Mosport Fan
Rookie

Canada
Sydney Australia, formerly Canada
Mosport Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MBD Sportscar?

They had that Panoz-Mugen combination but never really survived past LM in about 2002-3 I recall?

The Dick Barbour Racing Lamborghinis? If I recall there was supposed to be a level of factory support but it never came.....did the cars go back to Reiter Engineering?

I remember there was a mention of ACEMCO- the Saleens were on eBay a f ew years ago and must of sold at some point as one was at Silverstone last July for the Classic. ACEMCO itself I believe is still doing work for Ford in Michigan.....