Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Mar 2016, 20:34 (Ref:3619400)   #126
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Shame. I liked those Jaguar-engined monsters. Even if they did have Magpie sponsorship...
Old 28 Mar 2016, 16:52 (Ref:3628089)   #127
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What happened to the ACEMCO Saleen, still a seemingly mystery, however something's been revealed of what could have been just before and perhaps continued further:
http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/bo...-wanted-to-do/

“It’s [Europe] something I’ve always wanted to to. I’ve done Le Mans five times, and I’ve been on the podium. In 2006 with the ACEMCO program, we only did Le Mans that year. It was the year before in 2005, if we didn’t get the factory Michelin deal, we were going to race in Europe [in ELMS]. It was so close. We were one phone call away."
Old 28 Mar 2016, 19:46 (Ref:3628150)   #128
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What ever happened to Fermin Velez ?
Old 28 Mar 2016, 20:49 (Ref:3628178)   #129
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
What ever happened to Fermin Velez ?
He died years ago, cancer I believe.
Old 28 Mar 2016, 22:40 (Ref:3628220)   #130
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
He died years ago, cancer I believe.
Yes, sadly, March 31, 2003.
Old 29 Mar 2016, 05:57 (Ref:3628283)   #131
Mitchi_S
Racer

Germany
LG
Mitchi_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
What happened to the ACEMCO Saleen, still a seemingly mystery, however something's been revealed of what could have been just before and perhaps continued further:
http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/bo...-wanted-to-do/

“It’s [Europe] something I’ve always wanted to to. I’ve done Le Mans five times, and I’ve been on the podium. In 2006 with the ACEMCO program, we only did Le Mans that year. It was the year before in 2005, if we didn’t get the factory Michelin deal, we were going to race in Europe [in ELMS]. It was so close. We were one phone call away."
AFAIK the ACEMCO Saleen has been sold to PeKa Racing in 2008 as a spare car. It was for sale quite some time and is now owned by Florent Moulin, who used it in Daytona.
Old 29 Mar 2016, 07:10 (Ref:3628294)   #132
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi_S View Post
AFAIK the ACEMCO Saleen has been sold to PeKa Racing in 2008 as a spare car. It was for sale quite some time and is now owned by Florent Moulin, who used it in Daytona.
The car also made an appearance at last year's Silverstone Classic.
Old 29 Mar 2016, 16:47 (Ref:3628448)   #133
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Yannick Dalmas.
Old 29 Mar 2016, 17:09 (Ref:3628454)   #134
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Yannick Dalmas.
If my ears didn't deceive me at some point last year, he might currently be the Safety Car driver in the WEC.
Old 29 Mar 2016, 17:20 (Ref:3628460)   #135
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Decommissioned in 1998 and probably used as test mules for the Lister Storm GT (GT2 class).
Those guys were quick. They were battling for the overall lead at the 1997 Daytona 24 when the WSC cars were at their peak and supposed to be the fastest class.
Old 30 Mar 2016, 07:51 (Ref:3628633)   #136
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Yannick Dalmas.
Yannick is one of the Driver Stewards at the FIA WEC races, bumped into him at Le Castellet.
Old 19 Apr 2016, 12:08 (Ref:3634785)   #137
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone knows what happened with Volvo S60 that K-PAX was using before McLaren?
If i am right there are 2 first gen and 2 second gen cars.
Old 19 Apr 2016, 14:32 (Ref:3634852)   #138
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvr777 View Post
Anyone knows what's happened on Ralph Firman Jr. after 2013?

He was the 2002 Formula Nippon champion (at next year he raced at F1 for a season) and at 2005-2013 (except 2011, when he raced at GT Open) he returned to Super GT, clinched 2007 season championship together with one of Honda team, ARTA (Autobacs Racing Team Aguri).

But after 2013 (which was his last season in Super GT), I didn't hear any informations about him.
Last I saw of him was in 2003 when he was a self important F1 driver at Goodwood - one of his "minders" - yes really - managed to knock my 11 year old son over on the foot bridge and bowl himdown the stairs. Superstar F1 driver and entourage kept walking...... What a self important kn*b
Old 17 Jun 2016, 00:50 (Ref:3650809)   #139
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to Creation Autosportif? I'd heard some rumbling of legal issues before their dissolution but I have no idea if that's actually true or not.
Old 17 Jun 2016, 18:44 (Ref:3651049)   #140
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
What happened to Creation Autosportif? I'd heard some rumbling of legal issues before their dissolution but I have no idea if that's actually true or not.
was Autosportif the name of the racing team and not the manufacturer? or was that the name of the manufacturer as well? because Creation hung on as a company in the US (North Carolina I believe) for a number of years even though they did no racing. They may have been associated with an engineering department at a university, can't really remember.
Old 17 Jun 2016, 18:56 (Ref:3651054)   #141
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The series they made in 2005 is still one of my favorites racing documentaries.
Old 17 Jun 2016, 19:48 (Ref:3651072)   #142
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
was Autosportif the name of the racing team and not the manufacturer? or was that the name of the manufacturer as well? because Creation hung on as a company in the US (North Carolina I believe) for a number of years even though they did no racing. They may have been associated with an engineering department at a university, can't really remember.
Wasn't Creation an investment/financial concern? The racing team adopted the Reynard/DBA and it ultimately became called Creation. I also remember Creation running a Lister Storm prior to the DBA.
Old 17 Jun 2016, 20:09 (Ref:3651080)   #143
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Funnily enough, there is a Wikipedia page for Creation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_Autosportif
Old 17 Jun 2016, 21:53 (Ref:3651105)   #144
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Funnily enough, there is a Wikipedia page for Creation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_Autosportif
Thanks, looks like it has a decent history there.
Old 17 Jun 2016, 21:58 (Ref:3651107)   #145
Deleted
Veteran

The team has also made an agreement with Japanese firm AIM to use their new V10 motors in 2008, replacing their aged Judds.[1] The CA07 chassis may also be modified by the team into a closed-cockpit car, in anticipation of future Le Mans Prototype regulations.

Can't wait for the coupe in LM and ALMS.

Old 17 Jun 2016, 22:14 (Ref:3651113)   #146
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How soon we forget...
Old 17 Jun 2016, 22:16 (Ref:3651114)   #147
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
How soon we forget...
I did forget! That explains the north Carolina connection, too.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 04:57 (Ref:3652593)   #148
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The series they made in 2005 is still one of my favorites racing documentaries.

I've heard of this series a number of times but never seen it. Anyone know where it could be found?
Old 22 Jun 2016, 20:36 (Ref:3654532)   #149
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Xavier Pompidou
Old 23 Jun 2016, 00:24 (Ref:3654565)   #150
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Xavier Pompidou
He has created an society of coaching for racing drivers :
http://www.xpdeveloppement.com/uk/co...automobile.htm