Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Jun 2016, 12:22 (Ref:3654657)   #151
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Sascha Maassen?
Old 23 Jun 2016, 13:50 (Ref:3654682)   #152
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Sascha Maassen?
A bit of Google digging (and LinkedIn) says he is a driving coach for the Porsche Junior program and maybe driving coach/instructing on the side as well?. I assume the info is correct on the Porsche site. Scroll down in the link below...

http://www.porsche.com/international...thdevelopment/

Richard
Old 14 Aug 2016, 00:15 (Ref:3665546)   #153
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ryan Sharp
Alan van der Merve
Chris Niachos
Jarek Janis
Gabriele Gardel
Old 14 Aug 2016, 05:23 (Ref:3665565)   #154
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Ryan Sharp

Alan van der Merve

Chris Niachos

Jarek Janis

Gabriele Gardel

Gabriel Gardel does Euro NASCAR these days as part of the Pk Carsport team with two other ex FIA GT drivers Bert Longin and Anthony Kumpen. Kumpen has a performance garage with someone else called Heinz Tuning.

Intrigued as to what Janis and Sharp are doing also
Old 14 Aug 2016, 06:13 (Ref:3665566)   #155
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
The Zakspeed Porsche had a distinct livery that year as well.

here are both of them actually!

Here's more from the maestro

http://www.speedhunters.com/2010/04/...he_911_gt1_98/
Maestro???? Wow!
Old 14 Aug 2016, 06:24 (Ref:3665568)   #156
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
FIA GT commentators Richard Nichols and Graham Tyler.

I know after the two were stupidly sacked by SRO after 2009, Tyler still worked at RLM for 2010 LMS+LM season, and then bit of 2011 before finally retiring cause of some lost love for the current breed of cars or something. But did he retire-retire from everything?

Of Nichols all I know is that he voiced ALMS highlights for euro ESPN America in 2012, plus some Irish motorcycle racing for UK/Ireland channels. I'm not sure if he does those bikes still. Or anything else for that matter.

Would be nice to know, these two were always among my top favs. Even if not too many seemed to appreciate them.
Richard is still a partner in Greenlight TV and presents the very popular Auto Mundial TV show. I bumped into him at the Geneva Salon earlier this year.
Old 14 Aug 2016, 07:14 (Ref:3665569)   #157
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
Maestro???? Wow!

Your work is sorely missed from Speedhunters John. Loved your work on there especially the retrospectives about FIA GT in the 90s
Old 14 Aug 2016, 07:55 (Ref:3665570)   #158
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Your work is sorely missed from Speedhunters John. Loved your work on there especially the retrospectives about FIA GT in the 90s
What a nice way to kick off the day! Thanks so much.

As to SpeedHunters I sorely miss their money and now DrivingLine is going along a similar route. No room for old guys.

I dug out one of my old pieces and ran it on my site recently. It might amuse.............

I am thinking of revising the various retrospective pieces I ran and also posting them on DDC............trouble is the need to earn a living gets in the way.

OK back to work.
Old 15 Aug 2016, 12:39 (Ref:3665728)   #159
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Whatever happened to....

The R-feri Ferrari team that ran in PWC the last couple years?
Old 15 Aug 2016, 13:23 (Ref:3665735)   #160
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ryan Sharp
Alan van der Merve
Chris Niachos
Jarek Janis
Gabriele Gardel
Sharp drove 2014 GT Masters in Oschersleben in a MRS McLaren
Old 15 Aug 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3665782)   #161
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Whatever happened to....

The R-feri Ferrari team that ran in PWC the last couple years?
Focussing back on Ferrari Challenge probably.
Old 18 Aug 2016, 00:54 (Ref:3666250)   #162
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Intrigued as to what Janis and Sharp are doing also
Jarek Janis is still involved in motorsport, but in a manager's role. With AMG teams in recent years, this year with Rowe Racing.

http://cdn-7.motorsport.com/images/m...arek-janis.jpg
Old 18 Aug 2016, 01:31 (Ref:3666255)   #163
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Jarek Janis is still involved in motorsport, but in a manager's role. With AMG teams in recent years, this year with Rowe Racing.

http://cdn-7.motorsport.com/images/m...arek-janis.jpg

Thanks so much. Didn't realise Jarek had gone into management
Old 18 Aug 2016, 01:49 (Ref:3666261)   #164
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Likewise John, really enjoyed the quality of work and real knowledge and history over there. They could use a little wisdom and quality of work from one of the old guys these days.
Old 18 Aug 2016, 06:26 (Ref:3666298)   #165
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Alan van der Merve
Hasn't he been the F1 medical car driver for something like 7-8 years now?
Old 18 Aug 2016, 07:25 (Ref:3666306)   #166
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Likewise John, really enjoyed the quality of work and real knowledge and history over there. They could use a little wisdom and quality of work from one of the old guys these days.
Very kind of you to say that, I never visit the place these days so cannot comment but I can say that wisdom and quality are not in much demand these days, but perhaps I am looking in the wrong places.

jb
Old 18 Aug 2016, 18:56 (Ref:3666418)   #167
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
David Saelens?
Old 20 Aug 2016, 00:21 (Ref:3666670)   #168
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What happened to Jeff Bucknum? Don't remember hearing much about him after '06 or '07.
Also, what about Team Goh and Seiji Ara?
Old 20 Aug 2016, 07:42 (Ref:3666698)   #169
Hans Stuck Fan
Rookie

Hans Stuck Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
David Saelens?
Working in the family transport business; "Sitra" Often see their wagons in the UK. Orange tractor units pulling white tanks.
Old 20 Aug 2016, 07:52 (Ref:3666701)   #170
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
What happened to Jeff Bucknum? Don't remember hearing much about him after '06 or '07.
Also, what about Team Goh and Seiji Ara?
A part of member of Team Goh launch a maintenance garage named Selvus Japan.
They take charge of maintainance garage of Team ARTA (GT500 and GT300) in Japanese Super GT.
http://www.servus.jp/

About Seiji Ara, he participates in the GT300 class of Japanese Super GT from Team Studie.

Last edited by Japanese Samurai; 20 Aug 2016 at 08:02.
Old 20 Aug 2016, 11:52 (Ref:3666716)   #171
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much. Didn't realise Jarek had gone into management
Thanks Marcel. I was a bit of a fan, he was ridiculously fast in the Saleen. I wonder how his career change came about? Was it for the usual reason i.e. lack of funds rather than talent?
Old 20 Aug 2016, 11:52 (Ref:3666717)   #172
cg7aa
Veteran

Sam Li (Veloqx)?
Old 20 Aug 2016, 12:36 (Ref:3666726)   #173
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Bucknum ran with Stevenson in CTSCC for the debut season of the Riley Camaros (2010?) if I remember correctly, then in the Mitchum Camaro the next season.

He ran the Daytona 24 with Stevenson in Rolex GT as well, I think with the GXP.R it was... so 2009?

Now it looks like he's doing instructor stuff with Driver's Edge.
Old 20 Aug 2016, 16:00 (Ref:3666738)   #174
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
A part of member of Team Goh launch a maintenance garage named Selvus Japan.
They take charge of maintainance garage of Team ARTA (GT500 and GT300) in Japanese Super GT.
http://www.servus.jp/

About Seiji Ara, he participates in the GT300 class of Japanese Super GT from Team Studie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Bucknum ran with Stevenson in CTSCC for the debut season of the Riley Camaros (2010?) if I remember correctly, then in the Mitchum Camaro the next season.

He ran the Daytona 24 with Stevenson in Rolex GT as well, I think with the GXP.R it was... so 2009?

Now it looks like he's doing instructor stuff with Driver's Edge.
Thanks, guys! That was fast!
Old 20 Aug 2016, 16:25 (Ref:3666744)   #175
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Is Ni Amorim still active? I guess not, as he'd be in his fifties.