Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Jun 2007, 21:24 (Ref:1930651)   #1
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What happened to?

What have Warren Hughes, Dan Eaves and James Kaye been up to? I think the middle one has got a drive with a team that isn't racing, and all three haven't got BTCC seats any more ...
Old 6 Jun 2007, 23:00 (Ref:1930739)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
What have Warren Hughes, Dan Eaves and James Kaye been up to? I think the middle one has got a drive with a team that isn't racing, and all three haven't got BTCC seats any more ...
Warren drives a Radical in the Le Mans Series.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 23:47 (Ref:1930778)   #3
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eaves - CVR presumably have first dibs on him if they ever get a team together for the BTCC.
Kaye - Synchro might return to racing this year, so who knows.

There's a lot more ex-BTCC drivers who have moved on to pastures anew - e.g. Hyla Breese is now a qualified helicopter pilot instructor...
Old 7 Jun 2007, 18:25 (Ref:1931435)   #4
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Peter Cate races (and won) in the VW Fun Cup and does Endurance races including this weekends Nurburgring 24hr. James Pickford has been racing Porsche's.
Old 9 Jun 2007, 12:58 (Ref:1933122)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Stuck in a hotel the other night, I was amused to see Cato on the TV, having just won in the Beetle thingy. He looked like he was enjoying his racing these days rather than taking it all so seriously
Old 9 Jun 2007, 19:07 (Ref:1933392)   #6
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phil Bennett is in the Nurburgring 24 Hours this weekend
Old 9 Jun 2007, 19:17 (Ref:1933401)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Who?
Old 9 Jun 2007, 20:17 (Ref:1933434)   #8
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Who?
Drove for Egg Vauxhall in 2001, and Proton alongside Leslie from 2002-2003.

Probably the years you turned off
Old 9 Jun 2007, 22:30 (Ref:1933539)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Nope, never heard of him?
Old 9 Jun 2007, 22:40 (Ref:1933547)   #10
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
He has also done the Snetterton 2cv 24hr race, he also held the roadcar lap record at the Ring for a while!
Old 9 Jun 2007, 22:57 (Ref:1933554)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Obviously Mr Bigtime then...
Old 11 Jun 2007, 20:07 (Ref:1934341)   #12
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Stuck in a hotel the other night, I was amused to see Cato on the TV, having just won in the Beetle thingy. He looked like he was enjoying his racing these days rather than taking it all so seriously
He finished 13th overall at the Nurburgring 24 hr on the weekend. Even more impressive given he was driving a Hyundai!
Old 11 Jun 2007, 20:52 (Ref:1934384)   #13
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I wish I'd known he was racing... I was looking for something to do last weekend!
Old 13 Jun 2007, 23:06 (Ref:1936422)   #14
wheadon
Racer

England
Carlisle/Newcastle
wheadon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
phil bennett is a top dude.

When i used to work for team dfr, i was sent to dingle dell to spot on our drivers and phil was there on his own in his proton gear. Said hi to him and ended up having a good 30 mins conversation with him (which was interupted by a massive shunt by ernesto viso!!). He was such a nice bloke and I gave him a lift back on the quad bike to the pits and he gave me some cool proton stuff. Top day.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 10:37 (Ref:1936750)   #15
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I bet Steve Soper remembers him.