Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 4 Jan 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3007397)   #176
JeffC
Rookie

JeffC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you would be quite surprised how forgiving that corn field is
Old 4 Jan 2012, 21:58 (Ref:3007401)   #177
roadboy
Racer

roadboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lol! That looks like the drag racing line!
Old 4 Jan 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3007402)   #178
Peter Dixon
Racer

Peter Dixon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffC View Post
Just been through my old photobucket pics, found this:

Noticed your class E lap record up on Smart Timings website when I was looking back, wonder if Jeff Cooper will appear on any Class D lap records this year.
Old 4 Jan 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3007412)   #179
JeffC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadboy View Post
Lol! That looks like the drag racing line!

well I suppose I will be able to blame the car (again) as its used to going in a straight line

Pete if the lap record is as low as 1.35 I can safely say my name wont be on any lap records unless I can find the same short cut as the last guy did !

oh and remind me not to buy you a pint next time we oot!
Old 4 Jan 2012, 22:40 (Ref:3007424)   #180
simon.g
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bishop Auckland
simon.g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffC View Post
Ain't there a pile of front splitters in there belonging to you
Old 5 Jan 2012, 10:44 (Ref:3007610)   #181
Dan_mx5
Rookie

England
Stanley, Co. Durham
Dan_mx5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha mite be a few of ours there this year! huge upgrades but sadly the driver has got fat and lazy over the winter months!

if anyone is interested we are doing a special offer for hunter wheel alignment for all nsscc competitors, £60 plus vat!!! we can advise on a top mx5 setup but anything else and you best bring your own settings lol.
Old 5 Jan 2012, 11:13 (Ref:3007624)   #182
the youth
Racer

the youth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy View Post
i am having trouble sourcing 1b tyres for the clio 255 35 18 and 225 40 18 apparantly there all on a ship coming from japan but im not holding my breath
my new 17" 888 tyres are on the same ship!!

steve
Old 5 Jan 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3007630)   #183
the youth
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Think it was a fiesta.
Ive been asking the DDMC for the past year to allow new Mini Cooper S to be allowed in 1600 class to no avail. Just to try bring newer affordable cars to the championship. As long as they ran to Mini Challenge regs then they would be a good match up for regular cars. And can be bought for 8k! I know they are supercharged which means its up against cars way too far out of reach. They weigh 1280kg with only 200bhp and lap times on new slicks in qually are 37's, so would be a great match up...........
But I didnt get much support for it.........
A 1600 with supercharger would put it in class B and running around in class B doing 1.37's will put you halfway in class so right in the mix my pb in class B last season was 137.5 with my well placed mods this winter im looking for 1.37's every lap!!! not just one perfect (ie stupid seat of me pants)lap!!

we also have a well specced fiesta joining in the class D battle this season my m8 will be racing for the first time, quick on track days in a rwd cosworth but new to this lightweight fwd stuff so should be interesting!

steve
Old 5 Jan 2012, 12:28 (Ref:3007653)   #184
roadboy
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_mx5 View Post
huge upgrades but sadly the driver has got fat and lazy over the winter months!
Surely you mean fatter and lazier!

I'm the same. Think it'll be easier to lose 20kgs out of the car than 20kgs off me. The car only weighs 680kgs already though.

Dan
Old 5 Jan 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3007666)   #185
Dan_mx5
Rookie

England
Stanley, Co. Durham
yea that sounds about rite! plenty time left though. just make up for it with MORE POWER!

Dan
Old 5 Jan 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3007765)   #186
Spinner
Racer

Spinner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve,

I understand it may be half way up the field of class B, but thats not where anyone wants to be. You always go out wanting to know you could win, that things are equal. Only way to win class B is to have a rwd......
So thats why the regs need an overhaul especially as most new cars are turbocharged or supercharged. Just a thought......
Old 5 Jan 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3007777)   #187
the youth
Racer

Quote:
Steve,

I understand it may be half way up the field of class B, but thats not where anyone wants to be. You always go out wanting to know you could win, that things are equal. Only way to win class B is to have a rwd......
So thats why the regs need an overhaul especially as most new cars are turbocharged or supercharged. Just a thought......
I'm in class B knowing my best ever lap is still 3 seconds off the pace of the top car in the class, a time my car is never going to make up, but I still get in the mix in my class for the first few laps at least till my tyres/brakes/me go off (something I am addressing this winter), I go out there knowing this but still throughly enjoying myself as I know not everyone can win!

steve
Old 5 Jan 2012, 18:28 (Ref:3007781)   #188
Steve Gibson
Racer

Steve Gibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst we await the MSA on the regs, another change.
MSVR are now not having a meeting at Cadwell on August 4th this is due to them like all the clubs radicalising their events and trying to make some money by cutting back on the number of events and maximising the available time at events.
They however have offered us a slot on the same weekend but at Snetterton (Norfolk) I appreciate we are the “Northern” Saloon & Sports Car Championship but this is still a lot nearer than Anglesey which was a possible round which we replaced with Rockingham, the upshot is that we will be appearing on the British F3/GT weekend.
Thoughts Please.

Steve
Old 5 Jan 2012, 18:29 (Ref:3007782)   #189
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Steve,

a fwd a could walk class be buy a old super touer put it on 1b s and you would be a least two seconds quicker than ike m3
Old 5 Jan 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3007784)   #190
simon.g
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bishop Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by the youth View Post
my new 17" 888 tyres are on the same ship!!

steve
your car is a ship, weighs the same as a ship, and makes the same damage as a ship when crashed into

remember this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...DivTD2s#t=303s
Old 5 Jan 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3007785)   #191
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
steve .so is there no cadwell this year??????
Old 5 Jan 2012, 18:36 (Ref:3007790)   #192
Steve Gibson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy View Post
steve .so is there no cadwell this year??????
Now the 4th August has gone there is no other suitable cadwell dates as CSCC pulled thier 5th August so we went with MSVR on the 4th
Old 5 Jan 2012, 18:36 (Ref:3007791)   #193
simon.g
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bishop Auckland
bugger was looking forward to cadwell as well, can we not have donnington instead
Old 5 Jan 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3007793)   #194
Peter Dixon
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gibson View Post
Whilst we await the MSA on the regs, another change.
MSVR are now not having a meeting at Cadwell on August 4th this is due to them like all the clubs radicalising their events and trying to make some money by cutting back on the number of events and maximising the available time at events.
They however have offered us a slot on the same weekend but at Snetterton (Norfolk) I appreciate we are the “Northern” Saloon & Sports Car Championship but this is still a lot nearer than Anglesey which was a possible round which we replaced with Rockingham, the upshot is that we will be appearing on the British F3/GT weekend.
Thoughts Please.

Steve
Disaster! Cadwell is the highlight of my season to be honest, best track in the UK from a drivers point of view, would be very dissapointed to lose it.

As for snetterton, I would say Anglesey is closer to be honest, maybe not in terms of distance, but definitly in terms of time. Snett is horrendous to get to, down the A1 is fairly quick, but takes yonks on those crappy roads across. I would actually love to do an Anglesey.

How about another Knockhill, really doesn't suit my car as I tend to go backwards lol but I love the circuit and the scots are always very welcoming.

Would love to do Donington but I hear getting dates there is a nightmare.
Old 5 Jan 2012, 18:38 (Ref:3007794)   #195
Steve Gibson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgeecars View Post
bugger was looking forward to cadwell as well, can we not have donnington instead
Donnington was on the cards but as we could not get on there we had to go to Rockingham
Old 5 Jan 2012, 18:39 (Ref:3007795)   #196
Peter Dixon
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dixon View Post
Disaster! Cadwell is the highlight of my season to be honest, best track in the UK from a drivers point of view, would be very dissapointed to lose it.

As for snetterton, I would say Anglesey is closer to be honest, maybe not in terms of distance, but definitly in terms of time. Snett is horrendous to get to, down the A1 is fairly quick, but takes yonks on those crappy roads across. I would actually love to do an Anglesey.

How about another Knockhill, really doesn't suit my car as I tend to go backwards lol but I love the circuit and the scots are always very welcoming.

Would love to do Donington but I hear getting dates there is a nightmare.
Oh, is Oulton still out the question? if were heading down south, lets go to Brands, its probs quicker than Snetterton to be honest.
Old 5 Jan 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3007797)   #197
simon.g
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bishop Auckland
id be up for a brands! (indy)
Old 5 Jan 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3007802)   #198
Dan_mx5
Rookie

England
Stanley, Co. Durham
I'm up for anywhere really, just the closer the better...
Old 5 Jan 2012, 19:12 (Ref:3007806)   #199
roadboy
Racer

Really gutted about Cadwell too.

Would also prefer Angelsey to Snetterton. Snetterton is the worst place in the world to get to and not a great circuit now they've ruined it.

Donington, Oulton, another Knockhill or Angelsey in that order for me.

Dan
Old 5 Jan 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3007815)   #200
JeffC
Rookie

Anglsey is a great track as is donny oulton and Cadwell, never done knockers so that will be a baptism of fire for me not sure on Rockingham but if the Honda boys are struggling with gearing leave it in