Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 20 Sep 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3306620)   #51
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
I'd have thought you could just add a piece of plasticine. Correct texture and you can add or remove material easily as necessary.
If only it were that easy!
Old 20 Sep 2013, 15:31 (Ref:3306634)   #52
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And has anybody thought of the consequences for the poor drivers with a Jeff Bloxham on every post ? All race distances will become one lap only and we'll need 15 breakdown trucks to pick up all the wrecks so we can then start the next one-lapper !!
Old 21 Sep 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3307144)   #53
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If someone got really creative they could make a Bloxham-shaped pork pie. Now there's a weapon of mass destruction!
Old 23 Sep 2013, 09:28 (Ref:3308051)   #54
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Never has such a nice man received so much abuse over so many years.
Perfect description of the man. I remember the first time I met him on post - I hadn't been marshalling long enough to be aware of his reputation. It goes without saying that changed before the end of the race...
Old 23 Sep 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3308060)   #55
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"And in other motorsport news, Jurassic Park geneticists cause panic among marshals by successfully fusing the DNS of Jeff Bloxham and Jon Bryant.

The resulting creation Bloxhilla will most likely be sighted first around the 10th of October making its way westwards from Tokyo to Suzuka!"
Old 23 Sep 2013, 18:17 (Ref:3308276)   #56
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shame that Jeff wasn't at Silverstone so I could "present" his alter ego. Nay mind - the Watts (in-laws) live up the road so chance will arise.

I showed the figure to a few of his fellow photographers and they all recognised him!

And, apparently, the BRDC has a model of the Schumacher incident at Stowe (2000?) on display - complete with a Bloxham!
Old 23 Sep 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3308313)   #57
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After Saturday at Oulton i wonder if there needs to be another photographer added to this

I was at Cascades and having a relatively quiet day when a certain well known lady photographer (Rachel Bourne) joined us just before the 2nd to last race of the day, cue a Porsche trying to get through the barrier to have a swim in the lake at Lakeside resulting in enough barrier damage to make the 2nd to last race, the last race of the day and this was after i had politely asked her to move on!
Old 23 Sep 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3308396)   #58
paddock.one
Racer

England
Cumbria
paddock.one should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard, you can't start a 'The Curse Of Rachel Bourne' thread - sounds like something from Edgar Allan Poe!

1. Yes, we do all love her really - next subject for a model?
2. No, we don't want to risk running out of snappers.
3. How many marshals will have too much spare time over the winter
if they're not looking for photos of themselves on post?
Old 24 Sep 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3308918)   #59
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did post this from the scene of an accident a few years ago...

Old 25 Sep 2013, 08:28 (Ref:3309102)   #60
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
Shame that Jeff wasn't at Silverstone so I could "present" his alter ego. Nay mind - the Watts (in-laws) live up the road so chance will arise.

I showed the figure to a few of his fellow photographers and they all recognised him!

And, apparently, the BRDC has a model of the Schumacher incident at Stowe (2000?) on display - complete with a Bloxham!
It was 1999. I still have all the newspapers from the following day !!!
Old 25 Sep 2013, 09:24 (Ref:3309126)   #61
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Steve - I remember buying a paper from the "shop" on the campsite and you were very "whatever" about it. And then you called into a service station on the way home and bought every newspaper on offer! (Blame Laura for that information.)

But, if I also recall correctly, the photos mainly showed you from the rear.

Now you will have to check to see if there is a Bloxham lurking anywhere in those pictures. Or was it him taking them?
Old 25 Sep 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3309142)   #62
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
But, if I also recall correctly, the photos mainly showed you from the rear.
That's probably because it's my best side !!