Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 23 Dec 2015, 12:08 (Ref:3599649)   #1
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2016 Formula Renault silly season thread

Eurocup

Josef Kaufmann: Jehan Daruvala – Lando Norris – Dries Vanthoor (?) – Ukyo Sasahara (?)
Fortec: Ferdinand Habsburg – Vasily Romanov – Bruno Baptista – Nikita Troitskiy
Tech-1: Hugo de Sadeleer – Sacha Fenestraz – Gabriel Aubry – Darius Oskoui (?)
ART Junior: Harrison Scott (?) – Max Defourny (?) – Julien Falchero (?) – Valentin Moineault (?)
JD: James Allen – Alexey Korneev (?) – Ghislain Cordeel (?) – Joao Vieira (?)
AVF: Henrique Chaves – Denis Bulatov (?) – Ricky Collard (?) – Yan Shlom (?)
ARTA: Hugo Sugnot-Darniche – Amaury Richard (?) – Ignazio D'Agosto (?) – Julien Darras (?)

NEC

Josef Kaufmann: Jehan Daruvala – Lando Norris – Dries Vanthoor (?) – Ukyo Sasahara (?)
ART Junior: Harrison Scott (?) – Max Defourny – Julien Falchero (?) – Valentin Moineault (?)
AVF: Henrique Chaves (?) – Denis Bulatov (?) – Ricky Collard (?)– Yan Shlom (?)
MGR: Colin Noble (?)
Prizma: Pontus Fredricsson (?)
Inter Europol: David Richert (?)
Mark Burdett: Valentin Hasse-Clot (?)
PositiOne: Harri Salminen (?) – Mikko Perttala (?)
Hutchison: Finlay Hutchison (?)

ALPS

JD: James Allen (?) – Alexey Korneev (?) – Ghislain Cordeel (?) – Joao Vieira (?)
Fortec: Nikita Troitskiy – Ferdinand Habsburg (?) – Vasily Romanov (?) – Bruno Baptista (?)
Cram: Travis Jordan Fischer (?) – Matteo Ferrer (?) – Danylo Pronenko (?)
BVM: Luca Corberi (?)
ARTA: Hugo Sugnot-Darniche (?) – Amaury Richard (?) – Ignazio D'Agosto (?) – Julien Darras (?)
GSK: Alessandro Perullo (?) – Greg Holloway (?) – Diego Bertonelli (?)
Tech-1: Hugo de Sadeleer (?) – Sacha Fenestraz (?) – Gabriel Aubry (?) – Darius Oskoui (?)
TS: Alessandro Buran (?) - Pietro Peccinini (?)
Old 23 Dec 2015, 12:59 (Ref:3599659)   #2
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I get the feeling that the Eurocup will maintain a strong field, but not the depth of talent that it had in 2015, whilst the regional series' will suffer more from the stupid super license points system (imo totally unnecessary, a kneejerk reaction to the backlash from uninformed people after Verstappen was signed into F1) and also the loss of FR3.5 from the Renault Sport group.

Eurocup already has talented drivers such as Norris, Daruvala, Fenestraz all confirmed, whilst drivers like Defourny will probably return and do well. I think Defourny could surprise people for 2016...
Old 23 Dec 2015, 13:18 (Ref:3599663)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
disagree about the superlicence points system, it's a good idea but poorly implemented and heavily biased towards the fia's own series which lbr, are only going to remain relevant and cost-effective with viable alternatives such as formula renault 2.0 and 3.5 plus gp3 in the market.

think you're right about the strength of the two litre field in '16 - there's a somewhat predictable level of support from the young french drivers which is probably keeping it afloat. without that, it'd be looking a bit thin on the ground.

i don't think the regional series will suffer particularly - they're still a sound investment for the return in track time, and it's mentioned frequently in the press how those lacking a nec or alps programme this season felt they were at a disadvantage to the guys who did double up.
Old 23 Dec 2015, 13:57 (Ref:3599674)   #4
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hence why the likes of Norris and Daruvala are competing in a duel programme in NEC. I just feel that with the FIA failing to use the points system in the proper way, the number of talented drivers (and drivers in general) in the NEC and Alps will fall. It will affect the Eurocup as well, but that generally has drivers from both series competing, and drivers doing a sole Eurocup programme, so there'll be more talent and greater numbers.

I suppose the license system isn't all bad, but I agree that the FIA have done a woeful and blatantly biased job with the allocation of points. Getting rid of FR Eurocup as a viable junior step is a very bad move, as it provides a much needed bridge between F4 and F3, where only the best talents or those with backing enough to do a lot of testing look competent.

If anything, with the FIA claiming they need regional F3 series to return, having just killed them off completely, instead they should be supporting series such as BRDC F4, Euroformula Open and FR2.0 as the 'in-between' step from F4 and F3. Although EFO may have just struck up an important relationship with F3.5V8, who knows...
Old 23 Dec 2015, 14:10 (Ref:3599678)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Hence why the likes of Norris and Daruvala are competing in a duel programme in NEC. I just feel that with the FIA failing to use the points system in the proper way, the number of talented drivers (and drivers in general) in the NEC and Alps will fall. It will affect the Eurocup as well, but that generally has drivers from both series competing, and drivers doing a sole Eurocup programme, so there'll be more talent and greater numbers.
just a point about the superlicence, but unless autosport have cocked up on their piece about the revised points recently or there's a "no scoring in two formulae in one year" rule, then jack aitken will have scored 20 points for his 1x eurocup and 1x alps titles. so already he's halfway to his f1 superlicence. seems fair enough to me from that point of view? what it doesn't reward is midfield success in the same miniscule way the system does for f4.
Old 23 Dec 2015, 14:18 (Ref:3599681)   #6
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why should Sasahara drive again in FR 2.0? He must step up in 3.5/GP3/Formula 3 and he is ready for the step.
Old 24 Dec 2015, 14:08 (Ref:3599968)   #7
ShettyRakS
Rookie

ShettyRakS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definately Norris Vs Daruvala, the 1 to watch out throughout d season !! Norris & Daruvala will be teammates not only in the NEC and Eurocup championships but also in Toyota racing NZ.. & They r also driving for Championship winning Squads in FR & TRS.. Think they wer also teammates in World Karting Championship, when Norris finished 1st & Daruvala 3rd !!
Old 25 Dec 2015, 23:15 (Ref:3600200)   #8
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sasahara did a lot of testing in 3.5 & FIA F3, he will do one of those two i guess.

It's a big shame that Koiranen & Manor MP left the Formula Renault 2.0 series, but still there will be enough good racing with good talents like Defourny, Norris, Deruvala, Fenestraz, Allen, Habsburg & many more.
Old 25 Dec 2015, 23:23 (Ref:3600202)   #9
LavidaLoca
Racer

LavidaLoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Media View Post
Sasahara did a lot of testing in 3.5 & FIA F3, he will do one of those two i guess.

It's a big shame that Koiranen & Manor MP left the Formula Renault 2.0 series, but still there will be enough good racing with good talents like Defourny, Norris, Deruvala, Fenestraz, Allen, Habsburg & many more.

Which team did Sasahara test for in FIA F3?
Old 26 Dec 2015, 11:20 (Ref:3600248)   #10
pericu
Racer

pericu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavidaLoca View Post
Which team did Sasahara test for in FIA F3?
At least, he tested with VAR.
Eurocup 2.0 will keep a strong grid this year despite we lost Koiranen and Manor MP. The Kaufmann line up looks the strongest, and at this moment I could only see the duo Defourny-ART as the principal opposition. It is expected that Kaufmann will put a 3rd car this season. Maybe it will be to Dries Vanthoor, but some russian talented guy tested with him also...

On the other hand, Tech1 has confirmed he will do NEC series. Thats a big trouble to ALPS, also with the lost of Koiranen. But it could be a good news for 'small' teams like ARTA, Cram or JD because they will have the chance to win.
Old 26 Dec 2015, 12:31 (Ref:3600257)   #11
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

If anything, with the FIA claiming they need regional F3 series to return, having just killed them off completely, instead they should be supporting series such as BRDC F4, Euroformula Open and FR2.0 as the 'in-between' step from F4 and F3. Although EFO may have just struck up an important relationship with F3.5V8, who knows...
Why would there need to be an "in between step" between f4 and f3? If anything we need less series and classes.

I'd say we need 3 levels (a la formula ford - f3 - f3000) & a system that keeps costs under control.
Old 26 Dec 2015, 13:37 (Ref:3600263)   #12
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
There shouldn't in theory need to be an in between step, otherwise we may as well call current F4 'F5,' but the sheer volume of drivers is a problem.
Old 26 Dec 2015, 22:31 (Ref:3600311)   #13
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
Quote:
Originally Posted by pericu View Post
At least, he tested with VAR.
Eurocup 2.0 will keep a strong grid this year despite we lost Koiranen and Manor MP. The Kaufmann line up looks the strongest, and at this moment I could only see the duo Defourny-ART as the principal opposition. It is expected that Kaufmann will put a 3rd car this season. Maybe it will be to Dries Vanthoor, but some russian talented guy tested with him also...

On the other hand, Tech1 has confirmed he will do NEC series. Thats a big trouble to ALPS, also with the lost of Koiranen. But it could be a good news for 'small' teams like ARTA, Cram or JD because they will have the chance to win.
Dries Vanthoor confirmed on his facebook he will not do single seaters next year, i wouldn't be surprised to see him race a WRT Audi next year, maybe next to Laurens Vanthoor!?

I missed the news about Tech1 joining the NEC, but that should be good for the NEC series!
Old 27 Dec 2015, 10:35 (Ref:3600389)   #14
Roninho
Racer

Quote:
There shouldn't in theory need to be an in between step, otherwise we may as well call current F4 'F5,' but the sheer volume of drivers is a problem.
You'd solve that with national championships at the entry level and regional series at the 2nd ("f3") level. And have some selected races that are open to everyone to have the best of the regional series fight each other (monaco f3, zandvoort masters, pau, macau, for example).
Old 6 Jan 2016, 10:56 (Ref:3602491)   #15
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ALPS Series is history...
http://www.paddockscout.com/formula-...for-2016/32829
Old 6 Jan 2016, 10:59 (Ref:3602495)   #16
jodi
Racer

United Kingdom
Northants
jodi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
I was just about to comment to say a few teams are not taking part in Alps this year, but then this just sums it up!
Old 6 Jan 2016, 12:41 (Ref:3602518)   #17
Formulahistory
Veteran

I think it's the right way as we have the F4 series for the regional basis. Formula Renault has to concetrate on the international Eurocup series...
Old 6 Jan 2016, 14:53 (Ref:3602538)   #18
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
I think it's the right way as we have the F4 series for the regional basis. Formula Renault has to concetrate on the international Eurocup series...
With races in Italy, Austria, Belgium, France and Spain was the Alps Series really international, too.
Old 6 Jan 2016, 15:24 (Ref:3602550)   #19
Formulahistory
Veteran

But they should concentrate von Eurocup, there is no room for so many lowest feeder serieses...
Old 6 Jan 2016, 16:39 (Ref:3602563)   #20
jodi
Racer

United Kingdom
Northants
jodi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
But they should concentrate von Eurocup, there is no room for so many lowest feeder serieses...
but when there's young kids with money....
Old 11 Jan 2016, 19:24 (Ref:3603794)   #21
Formulahistory
Veteran

Defourny confirmed at ART Junior:

Josef Kaufmann: Jehan Daruvala – Lando Norris
Tech-1: Hugo de Sadeleer – Sacha Fenestraz – Gabriel Aubry – Darius Oskoui (?)
ART Junior: Max Defourny – Harrison Scott (?) – Julien Falchero (?) – Valentin Moineault (?)
JD: James Allen – Alexey Korneev (?) – Ghislain Cordeel (?) – Joao Vieira (?)
AVF: Henrique Chaves – Denis Bulatov (?) – Ricky Collard (?) – Yan Shlom (?)
ARTA: Hugo Sugnot-Darniche – Amaury Richard (?) – Ignazio D'Agosto (?) – Julien Darras (?)
Old 17 Jan 2016, 13:52 (Ref:3605646)   #22
Roninho
Racer

How would the budget for a year in FR Alps compare to a budget for the italian championship version of Autogp?

With Alps gone, FR eurocup being quite full i imagine so not many drives available, and GP3/V8 3.5/F3 euroseries etc will all cost much more compared to FR Alps there is not that many directions to go for a driver from that region i imagine.
Old 18 Jan 2016, 12:13 (Ref:3605901)   #23
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
I think the 'big' ALPS teams & drivers will do NEC instead, will be the same budget i guess. Only the small Italian teams will end up... somewhere else!? Let's hope some will do Auto GP like ALPS team TS Corse will.
Old 18 Jan 2016, 12:17 (Ref:3605906)   #24
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Media View Post
I think the 'big' ALPS teams & drivers will do NEC instead, will be the same budget i guess. Only the small Italian teams will end up... somewhere else!? Let's hope some will do Auto GP like ALPS team TS Corse will.
I think they will do Italian Formula 4... or maybe the REMUS Formula Pokal
http://www.afr-pokale.com/
Old 18 Jan 2016, 12:19 (Ref:3605907)   #25
Roninho
Racer

Yeah i imagine the top teams do the nec. And last year they ended with ~20 cars on the grid so there should be some grid space.

Maybe some will go for Euroformula F3? I would imagine that would be the least costly formula above FR, and still has some spots.