Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 10 Jan 2004, 23:38 (Ref:833911)   #1
Edmonton
Racer

Edmonton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Teams

Have there ever been any race teams that are publicly owned and traded?
Old 11 Jan 2004, 00:00 (Ref:833925)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
None in Australia that I can recall... I have often wondered what it would be like to have done somenthing like this.

One of Australia's biggest racing teams, SHRT, was in an ownership crisis earlier in the year as the parent company (part of TWR) went to the wall.

There was some work done in the background to submit an offer from a private equity firm to acquire this team, with a view to a managed exit thru an IPO.

Which would have been very successful too, if the owner at the time had decided to sell to us...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods