Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 26 Nov 2003, 10:28 (Ref:794843)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BRSCC Contact For Series Media Accreditation

Does anybody have any relevant contact info for the BRSCC regarding media accreditation?
Old 26 Nov 2003, 10:45 (Ref:794866)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What kind do you want Paul?
Old 26 Nov 2003, 10:48 (Ref:794869)   #3
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
errrm I wonder
Seriously though, I'm trying to get a series accreditation for the British GT's. I will be tapping up a couple of my local papers for letters due to the Balfe/Newark Glass connection which would obvioosuly allow me to apply on a race by race basis but was keen to get something for the series.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 10:52 (Ref:794871)   #4
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
that would be photographers obviously
Old 26 Nov 2003, 10:53 (Ref:794874)   #5
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not sure who will be handling the media for F3/GT next year now that Ratel/BRSCC are running the show. The press release containing the initial announcement came from David Addison (Cloverleaf, who did the media in 2002) which may be a pointer. If I find out I will let you know.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 10:55 (Ref:794876)   #6
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
thanks Ian
Old 26 Nov 2003, 11:09 (Ref:794889)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Have you contacted the BRSCC direct Paul?
Old 26 Nov 2003, 11:11 (Ref:794892)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Was after a name first rather than going in blind but that was my next plan of action
Old 26 Nov 2003, 11:19 (Ref:794899)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I wouldn't be in too much of a rush Paul - it wasn't sorted out until quite late in the day this year.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 11:21 (Ref:794900)   #10
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Gonna need some holidays booking to do it properly though
Old 26 Nov 2003, 20:02 (Ref:795401)   #11
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You will not get accreditation from a race club Ie: BRSCC/BARC/etc (unless they have asked you to cover something for THEM only). Accreditaion can only be gained from the circuits themselves (I have been known to wrong once though!)and well in advance. You must prove that you are doing it for someone other than a "free" newspaper (RAC stipulation if I recall right)RAC MSA applications will only be dealt with if you have proof of previous years coverage otherwise they will not be interested. I understand that Jardine PR (as in Tony Jardine F1 geezer) will be sorting all of 2004 "Brands Hatch" circuits press-otherwise you will have to apply to each other circuit individually...its now tuff to get passes as everyone wants them, but if you get one then youv'e done well!
Old 26 Nov 2003, 23:15 (Ref:795603)   #12
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Baz - the major packages such as TOCA and F3/GT will do season media passes of their own. As you rightly say, for other meetings you need to approach the circuits.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 10:45 (Ref:796917)   #13
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Point taken Ian, but, with a certain "very northern" chap at the helm of the BRSCC expect to get no help at all with anything!
Old 28 Nov 2003, 10:47 (Ref:796921)   #14
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
ayup lad I can be bloody northern too and there's nowt you buggers can do about it ...
see I'm sorted kindred spirit and all that
Old 28 Nov 2003, 10:48 (Ref:796922)   #15
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
unless he's so northern he's icelandic
Old 28 Nov 2003, 10:59 (Ref:796933)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Slightly further north than you are at the mom Paul. Try wearing a skirt and a dead thing around your gonads and you will be closer.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 11:04 (Ref:796938)   #17
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Yes Baz, but I expect the media stuff will be done externally as it has been previously by (someone like) Cloverleaf.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 10:35 (Ref:808167)   #18
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I have had confirmation from David Addison that he is the media man for F3/GT for next season. He is not sure yet if there will be a season pass as in previous years, but I'm sure he will let me know if there is.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 10:38 (Ref:808170)   #19
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Hey Ian PM or email me once you have a few more details would ya