Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 14 Dec 2003, 14:35 (Ref:811629)   #1
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mallory Park - December 26

It's been discussed on the Racers and Marshals forum - but who is going to be there? Lots of bike races plus two each for Caterhams and Single Seaters organised by BARC Midlands.

I believe that the 'old' race control/commentary and press/hospitality buildings have now been demolished, so it could make for an interesting day! I don't think the 'new' ones are finished yet...
Old 14 Dec 2003, 15:26 (Ref:811650)   #2
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the 4 wheeled entry looking like Ian?
Old 14 Dec 2003, 22:06 (Ref:811816)   #3
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Mallory Park - December 26

Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Sowman
I believe that the 'old' race control/commentary and press/hospitality buildings have now been demolished, so it could make for an interesting day! I don't think the 'new' ones are finished yet...
I can provide a milk crate and a large umberella if that'll help?
Quote:
Originally posted by diz
What's the 4 wheeled entry looking like Ian?
Well, I'm not Ian, but I'll answer anyway: entry lists as I last saw them had 14 Caterhams plus 2 possibles and 13 Monos plus 2 possibles. Should be ample

Last edited by Asp; 14 Dec 2003 at 22:11.
Old 14 Dec 2003, 22:47 (Ref:811830)   #4
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes Asp, but one of those 13 Monos was a shared car - one driver each race. I imagine there will be a few more by the big day. There's a few FF1600s, headed by an N. Hunt, as well as Silverstone LCR winner Nathan Freke and Jon Lowes.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 13:04 (Ref:812142)   #5
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Re: Mallory Park - December 26

Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
Well, I'm not Ian, but I'll answer anyway: entry lists as I last saw them had 14 Caterhams plus 2 possibles and 13 Monos plus 2 possibles. Should be ample
Quite right Asp. I got my finals on Saturday and these are the numbers we are looking at. However, I'm sure that if anyone wanted to be a late entry they would be welcomed with open arms (says she hopefully!)

Bet you're all looking forward to hearing Ian's dulcet tones doing the commentary!
Old 15 Dec 2003, 17:45 (Ref:812350)   #6
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I also have a special guest co-commentator! That's if anyone's fixed up the PA system in time...
Old 16 Dec 2003, 12:47 (Ref:813028)   #7
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I also have a special guest co-commentator! That's if anyone's fixed up the PA system in time...
Ian are you bringing Murray Walker? WOW that would be FANTASTIC!!!!

Go on, tell us who the guest co-commentator is before we burst!
Old 16 Dec 2003, 13:28 (Ref:813061)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there but wont atcually have a photog pass..I'll have camera but as I'm hoping my entire brood wil be with me I'll be duty bound to play dad a little more convincingly than usual
It'll be horribly tempting to hop over the fence though
Old 16 Dec 2003, 14:43 (Ref:813130)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I fear I may have got you un-necessarily overexcited Sheila. I am bringing Ten Tenths' very own Justin Dawkins to provide expert insight on Mars Bar consumption and the Gerard's Ben gravel trap. It should be fun.

If you're wondering why Justin's not racing - I'm sure he can supply an excuse.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 12:34 (Ref:813958)   #10
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
I fear I may have got you un-necessarily overexcited Sheila. I am bringing Ten Tenths' very own Justin Dawkins to provide expert insight on Mars Bar consumption and the Gerard's Ben gravel trap. It should be fun.

If you're wondering why Justin's not racing - I'm sure he can supply an excuse.
Is his car in bits?

I'm looking forward to finding out where the two of you are going to commentate from - the spectator area opposite the start line with the aid of a loud hailer?
Old 17 Dec 2003, 13:11 (Ref:814012)   #11
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Semaphore would be work
Old 17 Dec 2003, 13:40 (Ref:814042)   #12
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I'd be interested to know as well. I'd also like to know where the timekeepers will do their stuff!
Old 17 Dec 2003, 13:41 (Ref:814043)   #13
Ian Sowman
Veteran

And yes, his car is in bits. That's what he told me anyway.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 13:10 (Ref:816043)   #14
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
I'd be interested to know as well. I'd also like to know where the timekeepers will do their stuff!
Pit wall with a stop watch?
Old 23 Dec 2003, 19:18 (Ref:819275)   #15
Ian Sowman
Veteran

New entry for the Monopostos. One P. Daly will be out in his Vauxhall Lotus.
Old 24 Dec 2003, 04:21 (Ref:819643)   #16
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never heard of him!, can;t wait though, should be good!

Yes Sheila car is totally striped, or would be there!

Will you be there Mr Sands?
Old 24 Dec 2003, 04:40 (Ref:819654)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Merry Christmas and I hope its a success! Next year open the entries up please?
Old 24 Dec 2003, 07:50 (Ref:819718)   #18
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Striped?? New scheme?
Yes I'll be there
Old 26 Dec 2003, 16:14 (Ref:820801)   #19
Ian Sowman
Veteran

What a fantastic event! I didn't see much of the bike races but I did manage to commentate on four very good car ones. Well done to Peter Daly (Monos) and Nick Frost (Caterhams) on their double victories.

I hope my commentary didn't drive too many people to despair!
Old 26 Dec 2003, 17:03 (Ref:820811)   #20
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe full car results, report and photos to follow Ian? You spoilt us at the WH.
Old 26 Dec 2003, 18:52 (Ref:820840)   #21
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
What a fantastic event! I didn't see much of the bike races
Some good racing (apart, sadly, from the sidecars) but on balance, I think the car races were better.

Quote:
but I did manage to commentate on four very good car ones. Well done to Peter Daly (Monos) and Nick Frost (Caterhams) on their double victories.
Nick's wins were impressive - going round the outside round Gerrards in the wet takes some nerve! Doing it twice.....

Quote:
I hope my commentary didn't drive too many people to despair!
How can I put this diplomatically....er, I take it the chequered flag isn't visible form your makeshift commentary position! (Not that you were the 'guilty' party!)
Old 27 Dec 2003, 10:42 (Ref:821154)   #22
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Yes, thank you for reminding me Dave It was hard to see actually, and with no timing screen to work from or pictures from the camera at the hairpin commentating wasn't easy! And those ten laps flew by...
Old 27 Dec 2003, 11:01 (Ref:821165)   #23
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ian, did you use the "Cressendo of sound and colour....!" as they left the grid or did you invent a new stunning piece of jargen to keep the thousands happy and informed???
Old 27 Dec 2003, 16:28 (Ref:821325)   #24
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
The crowd at Gerards were having a bit of a chickle at the commentary for the slowing down lap
Old 27 Dec 2003, 17:08 (Ref:821356)   #25
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Yes, that wasn't my high point but listening to the rest of it again (for the purpose of the MN report) overall we sounded OK I think. Any pictures yet Paul?

Baz - no, I decided not to go for Wilkinsisms, although the man himself was there spectating. I did slip into Addison pun mode on a couple of occasions.