Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 16 Dec 2003, 17:44 (Ref:813275)   #1
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Bmp Rip?

I haven't seen an announcement anywhere, but it looks as though BMP is now, or is about to become, defunct. Logical, as Octagon, which had a controlling interest in BMP,is selling off its circuits.

BSB & the British WSB & MotoGP rounds are now being organised by BMCRCB Events, while BRSCC has taken over running of the F3/GT package; doesn't leave anything for BRDC, as the operating arm of BMP, to do!

Anybody know more about this - facts please, not more speculation!
Old 16 Dec 2003, 19:07 (Ref:813330)   #2
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Well, the F3/GT website is now only a holding page - so looks like a revamp there, this could be related (well, it is a fact that the website's down).
However, I remember reading that SCV8 will be run by the BRDC - so they will be doing something next year; but obviously not a clue if it will be under the BMP umberella!
Old 17 Dec 2003, 10:53 (Ref:813869)   #3
Flagman
Racer

Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
doesn't leave anything for BRDC, as the operating arm of BMP, to do!
Recieved BRDC voluteering forms for next year this week - only dates on them are for Silverstone so guess BRDC will only be organising at Silverstone next year. They did tend to get out of their depth when they went elseehere...
Old 17 Dec 2003, 17:10 (Ref:814268)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Flagman
Recieved BRDC voluteering forms for next year this week - only dates on them are for Silverstone
....and none of the ex-BMP bike meetings, even the Silverstone ones.

Quote:
They did tend to get out of their depth when they went elseehere...
Surely you can't be referring to that F3/GT fiasco at Oulton? My experience of marshalling's only very limited, but that's the worst-organised meeting I've ever done!

Last edited by Dave Brand; 17 Dec 2003 at 17:11.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 00:08 (Ref:814692)   #5
pixie
Racer

pixie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup Dave as you correctly point out BMP, as a organisation, cease to be, to be honest the make up of BMP hasn't worked for ages.

No one was paying into the pot so circuit owners weren't getting their "fair share"

Not sure how the car part of BMP will be "organised" but the bike part will now come under the banner of MCRCB Events Ltd so that will be BSB and WSB and Moto GP events in the UK
Old 18 Dec 2003, 10:52 (Ref:814971)   #6
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
They did tend to get out of their depth when they went elsewhere...
Surely you can't be referring to that F3/GT fiasco at Oulton? My experience of marshalling's only very limited, but that's the worst-organised meeting I've ever done!
The reports from that meeting certainly seemed pretty dire. However, I always used to try and do BRDC "away" meetings as they were well run by a nice bunch of people. The BRDC did lots for club level sport and I have watched their decline and fall over the last few years with some sorrow. I hope that perhaps in 2005 they can get their act back together with a wider remit than just Silverstone.

Regards

Jim